Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: RHOBH Kim Richards arrested for being drunk and disorderly

I think she has mental issues too. The alcohol and drugs amplify it.

^ Or they started it.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Yeah, Rollo, I think she's got lots of baggage, but she also seems a little "wet brain" to me.

From Wiki:
    Wernicke's encephalopathy[edit]

WE is characterized by the presence of a triad of symptoms;[4]

1. Ocular disturbances (ophthalmoplegia)
    2. Changes in mental state (dementia)
    3. Unsteady stance and gait (ataxia)

This triad of symptoms results from a deficiency in vitamin B1 which is an essential coenzyme. The aforementioned changes in mental state occur in approximately 82% of patients symptoms of which range from confusion, apathy, inability to concentrate, and a decrease in awareness of the immediate situation they are in. If left untreated, WE can lead to coma or death. In about 29% of patients, ocular disturbances consist of nystagmus and paralysis of the lateral rectus muscles or other muscles in the eye. A smaller percentage of patients experience decrease in reaction time of the pupils to light stimuli and swelling of the optic disc which may be accompanied by retinal hemorrhage. Finally, the symptoms involving stance and gait occur in about 23% of patients and result from dysfunction in the cerebellum and vestibular system. Other symptoms that have been present in cases of WE are stupor, low blood pressure (hypotension), elevated heart rate (tachycardia), as well as hypothermia, epileptic seizures and a progressive loss of hearing.
    Interestingly, about 19% of patients have none of the symptoms in the classic triad at first diagnosis of WE, however, usually one or more of the symptoms develops later as the disease progresses.[4]

Kim is unsteady in her gait, her eyes are wonky, and seem to be acting on their own. She jumps from being on the outer edges of normal to not even remotely coherent and angry within moments. She doesn't seem to remember things. Her pupils are abnormally huge. Her reaction time is slow. It's sad.
    "Wet brain" is something that can only happen with prolonged and profuse alcohol abuse, and it fits her behavior. Unfortunately, it is also very deadly. And these are permanent effects that she cannot undo.

I hope she gets the help she needs.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    She's always seemed 'confused' to say the least. There was one series where she picked up a new guy and she was days late for the trip to Hawaii, could not catch a plane, could not pack in her house, could not find anything in her hotel room, could not make it to dinner etc.
    ...they also lost a 'baggie' in the car and were hunting feverishly for it. That boyfriend was Ken Blumenthal & they met in rehab.
    firebrat1229 likes this.

Part of the problem with her seems to be the standard 'child star' mentality. Plus her horror of a mother. It cracks me up when her and Kyle carry on about their wonderful, deceased mother who, by all accounts, she was an absolute beast.

Kim is so entitled and everything is always someone else's fault. She can't ever take responsibility for herself...it's so tiresome.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I didn't know about 'wet brain' Casey. I hope Kim is not driving in that case. (I don't think I've ever seen her driving on the show.)
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I don't think they've let her drive on camera since season 2. She was clearly under the influence.

Maybe she was in a black out during the reunion, and saw for herself what she was like. Although, even if she did realize she was 100 percent God damn Horrible, she wouldn't care, she would just blame Kyle, LVP, LR, Bravo, or that beast, Eileen.

How dare her!
    sprynkles and firebrat1229 like this.

Silver Member

They actually showed her driving a new Bentley to one of the events in an early episode this season...

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I didn't know about 'wet brain' Casey. I hope Kim is not driving in that case. (I don't think I've ever seen her driving on the show.)
    Wet Brain is permanent and can't be overcome even when someone gets sober. Maybe that is why at times she could seem and look healthy, but still be wobbly, and make no sense, and have those giant pupils all the time.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

July 19, 2012 Over the past six years I have told you some awful stories of people. There have been plenty of good people too. This story though is about someone who probably suffered the most as a child star and still managed to come out on top, although very emotionally scarred. This actress used to be a nice solid B list actress. She does not act very much anymore. Some movies and some cameos, but for the most part she does not do much. She has some other activities which keep her busy and which she has also made a name for herself. Back in the day she was a child actress. Cute and funny and growing up in a time of actors on set where rules were not really followed and behavior could be abhorrent. Despite being just an early teen, our actress was forced to have sex or coerced to have sex with men twice or sometimes three times her age. This was not a one time thing, but a daily thing she had to endure if she wanted to be an actress. Her parents told her to toughen up and that there was nothing wrong with it. Well, she did not have the best parents in the world. From the very first day she walked onto a film set, she was groped and teased. There was one older actor she thought she was safe from, but after their third day filming he had her in his dressing room, undressing for him while he pleasured himself. She had to do this at least once a week. There was her co-star who was almost the same age who told her he would get her fired unless they had sex. He also made her try some drugs. This was all like at 12 and 13. Crazy. On one show she was on she was repeatedly molested by a man who later was accused of raping one of his neighbor’s children. Apparently since he thought he could get away with it on sets, he also thought the same rules applied in the real world. All you have to do is mention this guy’s name or character name to the actress and she will start crying. All of this has affected every day of her life since. It all makes sense what she does now when you think of what happened to her back then. Kim Richards
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^^ I believe it. Her beast of a mother probably set the whole thing up. It floors me when she and Kyle carry on about how wonderful and saintly she was.

Shit that is sad. I hope it isn't true.
    Who is the guy?
    Andy Cohen

but when was she ever a "solid B list actress?"
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

czb

back in the day she was pretty busy. google her IMDB from the 70s.

i don't hear them call their mother saintly. i just see them trying to remember some positive things, eg, family dinner on sundays. the mother was hideous. not sure if the blind is about kim, though. it says 'parents' and i think Big Kathy was a single parent, with a lot of husbands in the mix.
    snoopqueen likes this.

This was early on in the series. Season one, I think. They sat went on and on about how wonderful and supportive she was, etc.

I guess I should clarify that they didn't actually use the word 'saintly' to describe her, it's just that they've both gone on about how great she was when, in reality, she was widely regarded as a beast.

I haven't read Kyle's book, but one of my friends did and said there was some stuff about Big Kathy in there, too.

House of Hilton is a great read..sums up a lot of BK's shenanigans.
    snoopqueen likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information