Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Report: Nicky Hilton Is Engaged to James Rothschild

^I don't really LOVE watching the show; it's more like you can't turn away, as in driving by a car accident. You catch it while zapping and then you're sucked into it, often because of the (lack of) taste of people. Like I said: to most people I'm probably an oldfashioned twat, but I don't give two cents. I am amazed at the number of brides on that show that say "I want to show as much as possible. My dress has to be the sexiest thing ever. I want this to be sheer. Don't you have a tighter dress, I want to show off my body". When did that start? That you have to whore up "the most beautiful day of your life"? Also what people see in the mirror as opposed to what it really looks like. Sometimes it's just sad. And yeah, I know "as long as they're happy", but I've seen plenty of articles on women who were ecstatic on the day in a dress that wasn't really for them at the time, worked on a change (be it weight loss or removal of tats or whatever) and did a do-over that fulfilled them way more than the original day.
    I probably sound like I'm 1000 years old but I really, truly, don't give a flying fuck.
    Belt Up and nana51 like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I've seen Say Yes - at least one channel seems to show it continuously. I get the impression they are trying to sell off their millions of strapless dresses because they know Kate Cambridge has changed the rules.

I think Nicky's dress is fabulous.
    Novice likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I read somewhere they push the strapless ones because it's much less work with the alterations. Sleeves and a full top make it harder for them.
    rollo, sluce and A*O like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    It's Guipure lace
    Thanks Nov, that sounds so much more elegant than 'chunky'

Regular lace often looks a bit cobwebby, old ladyish to me but that Guipure stuff is stunning.
    Novice likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

czb

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I assume it was a Jewish ceremony so she covered up a bit more.....
    i don't see a yarmulke on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    I read somewhere they push the strapless ones because it's much less work with the alterations. Sleeves and a full top make it harder for them.
    that makes sense. the sleeve ones are harder to alter and take more time. the shtick on that show is quick! turnaround. but from people i've talked to who have gone to the store in the days before the show, they were not quick at all. and more soup-nazi than full service. they showed you 6-7 dresses and if you didn't find something you liked, they just left you there. no more dresses for you!

Some of the brides are impossible though. Hard to fit and hard to please and they bring their whole family and all their girlfriends!

Nothing like that for Nicky - I am sure she got the Armani full service.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I fucking LOVE SYTTD. It's one of my guiltiest TV pleasures. I adore Randy...I'd love for him to help my daughter find her dress, should she ever get engaged.
    As far as strapless goes, my dress was strapless and yeah, it drove me nuts all damn night. If I had it to do over, I'd go with sleeves. I much prefer sleeved wedding dresses now that I'm older. lol Not that I'll ever be wearing one again!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23 View Post
    I hate to ask this but, what does that mean?
    You know... ringing the devil's doorbell. Double clicking the mouse button. Getting her clitoris rubbed by her man of the minute at some bash and in full view of someone with a camera.
    Laurent and SHELLEE like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Haha never heard ringing the devil's doorbell!

My dress was strapless and it wasn't falling down all day. Fortunately I don't have big boobs and it was fitted correctly I guess.

I'm also plus sized and I was comfortable in the dress, it made me feel pretty. I agree with NickiDrea that that's all that should matter. I'm not a fashion plate so my dress was flattering enough for my liking. And I feel it's snotty to judge regular people that way, they're not public figures or making their living off their looks, so who are we to judge really?
    stef, Novice, stella blue and 2 others like this.

czb

my dressmaker wanted to make me a strapless, she assured me it would look good and since it was fitted to me, it would not fall down. but i still went for a dress with a sleeveless bodice, strapless just wasn't for me. i think it looks great on some brides, not so good on most. doesn't have much to do with whether or not someone is plus-sized .....
    HWBL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i don't see a yarmulke on him.
    !
    Funny thing about our civil services is that they must be (legally) completely secular - not even a hymn or a prayer; thus I wasn't surprised he wasn't wearing one. Plus she was raised Catholic (surprise - given Paris past behaviour).

so, she marries a man who's father committed suicide and he marries a woman who's sister is an ex-jailbird with a junkie-multiple-DUI-brother & reality TV addict aunts. He must be really smitten.
    Free Charmed.

A*O

But wearing a big fuck off white wedding dress and veil etc isn't really necessary or appropriate for a civil ceremony either.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I'd feel naked in strapless and would be tugging at it all day even if it fit like a glove.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    But wearing a big fuck off white wedding dress and veil etc isn't really necessary or appropriate for a civil ceremony either.
    yeah. this is what i was thinking. so i'm assuming that she did not pick this dress for modesty. but it is a nice dress and much better than i expected. i thought she would pick some skankerella kim dress.

I don't know a whole lot about Nicky, but she's never given me the 1000% awful human vibe that her sister has. I love her dress.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information