Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 54
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Report: Nicky Hilton Is Engaged to James Rothschild

  1. #16
    Elite Member Belt Up's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,021

    Default

    What a beautiful dress! I usually hate lace but that 'chunky' kind is really really lovely. Wonder what it's called?

    Poor Paris' dress looks cheap as fuck, like they found it on a discount rail
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

  2. #17
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    19,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

    couldnt she get any clothes to fit? I'd be embarrassed to show my incredibly low-slung behind if I were her, but she inherited her lack of shame from her over bearing money grabbing mother.
    After your sister has been pictured getting her bean flicked at a party then pretty much anything else is klassy.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  3. #18
    Elite Member teforde23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    After your sister has been pictured getting her bean flicked at a party then pretty much anything else is klassy.
    I hate to ask this but, what does that mean?

  4. #19
    Elite Member Belt Up's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,021

    Default

    Pure Klass.

    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

  5. #20
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    42,523

    Default

    At least she has knickers on! Be thankful for small mercies!


    Catherine Cambridge is a real style icon for this family isn't she? *awaits indiscretions from Ma Hilton re QEII*
    tulip and rollo like this.
    Free Charmed.

  6. #21
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,165

    Default



    ^That's more what a bride should look like, to my (albeit old fashioned) taste. I've been watching "Say yes to the dress" episodes and every chick including those with the most impossible figures HAD to have a strapless dress, jebus.


    rollo likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  7. #22
    Elite Member Pinkii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,650

    Default

    I give it 18 months before the divorce announcement
    "I don't know what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time"

  8. #23
    Elite Member NickiDrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,148

    Default

    Maybe brides should wear what they like and feel comfortable in instead of not wearing something they love because they have an "impossible" figure.

    Who am I (or any of us) to judge what someone else's "dream" dress should look like on the day that many people will ideally only experience once in their lifetime? Naked, strapless, burlap sack, it's not my business.

    Edit: Nicky looks absolutely lovely.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

  9. #24
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    42,523

    Default

    I agree & I LOATH skinny women in strapless, it just doesn't look right to me.
    The ladies in the posted pics looked great.

    Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    What a beautiful dress! I usually hate lace but that 'chunky' kind is really really lovely. Wonder what it's called?

    Poor Paris' dress looks cheap as fuck, like they found it on a discount rail
    It's Guipure lace

    The bride’s Valentino Haute Couture gown featured “three different tones of ivory and silver guipure richly embellished with crystals,” according to the release from the design house, which came with a sketch signed by designers Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli (below). “The high neck bodice is stitched to a precious balloon skirt ending with a three meter long train.” The cathedral-length veil is “enriched all around the edge with a precious vintage lace” (hence the cringe-worthy moment when a car drove over it!) and Hilton carried a small bouquet of white flowers.COURTESY VALENTINO
    awesome!!!

    It was only the veil... And it was a Bentley not a ford escort! Lol!



    the photographer should have taken the photos somewhere else instead of in front of a set of doors... Every time I see them I am drawn to the doors!
    Belt Up likes this.
    Free Charmed.

  10. #25
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    28,955

    Default

    No offense to the larger women (cause lord knows I'm not a stick figure either), but I don't know how anyone can feel comfortable in something so obviously unflattering to their shape and size. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with being larger either, because I'm sure there are plenty of average sized and skinny women just as capable of picking something less-than-flattering to their particular shape & proportions.

    But hey, that's just me. I'm a short shit with muscular legs (no matter what size/weight I ever was) and there's some bad ass fashions that it sucks that I can't wear. Not because I "can't" if I realllllly wanted to, but because I have some aesthetic sense of what looks good on me and what doesn't. Not into looking ridiculous just so I can prove a point.

    That said, those who DGAF can knock themselves out picking whatever floats their boat. After all, it's their day.
    needmeds, A*O, HWBL and 5 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  11. #26
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,408

    Default

    There was an episode of Say Yes when Randy said that they couldn't do sleeves on wedding dresses because they don't work for some reason. I had to laugh because I've seen many a sleeve on a wedding dress before the strapless craze began in the 2000s. It's nice to see some options out there now. For awhile, I didn't see a wedding dress without a sleeve on it.

  12. #27
    Elite Member Palermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    9,577

    Default

    I love her dress. The rich get richer, always the way. Add me to team hate strapless, very very few women look good in them. And they spend the whole day tugging at them.
    czb, holly, tulip and 3 others like this.

  13. #28
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,992

    Default

    I assume it was a Jewish ceremony so she covered up a bit more. She looks lovely.

    I knew his father a looong time ago. A very troubled man. I wasn't surprised when I heard he'd committed suicide. Money doesn't buy happiness.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  14. #29
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    No offense to the larger women (cause lord knows I'm not a stick figure either), but I don't know how anyone can feel comfortable in something so obviously unflattering to their shape and size. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with being larger either, because I'm sure there are plenty of average sized and skinny women just as capable of picking something less-than-flattering to their particular shape & proportions.

    But hey, that's just me. I'm a short shit with muscular legs (no matter what size/weight I ever was) and there's some bad ass fashions that it sucks that I can't wear. Not because I "can't" if I realllllly wanted to, but because I have some aesthetic sense of what looks good on me and what doesn't. Not into looking ridiculous just so I can prove a point.

    That said, those who DGAF can knock themselves out picking whatever floats their boat. After all, it's their day.
    Exactly my point! And yes, I looked for all body types on google, because I saw plenty of skinny women or women with no body shape (no waist, no hips, no shoulders) on the show that I wanted to include, but there were no (clear) shots of them - at least they didn't turn up on my search results. I also searched for the girl with the triple M cup who wanted to go strapless but couldn't find her either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    I love her dress. The rich get richer, always the way. Add me to team hate strapless, very very few women look good in them. And they spend the whole day tugging at them.
    ^ Yep, that's just one of the signs that you may like the dress, but the dress doesn't like you.


    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    There was an episode of Say Yes when Randy said that they couldn't do sleeves on wedding dresses because they don't work for some reason. I had to laugh because I've seen many a sleeve on a wedding dress before the strapless craze began in the 2000s. It's nice to see some options out there now. For awhile, I didn't see a wedding dress without a sleeve on it.
    It's not that I am against strapless, not even for a wedding dress, but they have these lace or mash bolero jackets that can make the difference, provided of course if you have a figure on which strapless looks good. If I would get married now and if (my body shape is not made for strapless either, to my taste, plus I don't think strapless is for weddinggowns) there'd only be strapless dresses available, I'd add one of those jackets.

    And to make me even more old fashioned: I hate tattooed brides like this one:



    I saw pictures of an overweight, very pale, bride with tattoos. They were on her chest leading down into her cleavage (strapless dress) and were of dog paws.....Like a tiny invisible dog was strolling down into her cleavage. Sort of cute, I suppose, if you're into that kind of thing, but then I'm not.
    Last edited by HWBL; July 11th, 2015 at 03:57 AM.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  15. #30
    Elite Member BelledeJour's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    5,613

    Default

    You are so harsh, HWBL!

    I also love watching "Say yes to the dress" and I'm really surprised how much they are against sleeves on dresses - even when the woman says she wants a dress with sleeves, they try their best to convince her that she should take one without.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Nicky Hilton to get engaged
    By mrs.v in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: December 14th, 2007, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 20th, 2007, 06:35 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: October 24th, 2006, 08:43 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 21st, 2006, 05:24 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: March 26th, 2006, 01:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •