Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Renée Zellweger Says All Those Plastic Surgery Rumors Made Her "Sad"

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I agree; so different. Her new look makes me think, “Robin Wright on the top, Renee Zellweger on the bottom.”
    Yes! Although I covered up the eyes and even the bottom halves don't really match. Her chin looked longer and cheekbones different in her "resting" phase.

She reminds me of LeMann in that she didn't need ps. When you have a young-looking face (even if it's not the prettiest) stick with it for fear of something worse. Oh wait.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Renee Zellweger recalls 'painful' experience when she overheard strangers discussing her 'stupid' looks amid surgery rumors in 2014

By TRACY WRIGHT FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
    PUBLISHED: 17:57 EDT, 10 September 2019 | UPDATED: 18:37 EDT, 10 September 2019

She caught some controversy in 2014 for her changing her looks.
    And Renee Zellweger recalled a 'painful' experience when she overheard strangers negatively speaking about her appearance while she was on a train in London.
    The 50-year-old actress sat down with SiriusXM's Jess Cagle to discuss the humiliation she endured after rumors sparked that she had plastic surgery following a red carpet appearance five years ago.

+

Tough: Renee Zellweger recalled a 'painful' experience when she overheard strangers negatively speaking about her appearance while she was on a train in London

Renee remembered sitting next to two women and a man who were discussing celebrities while on the subway.

'They were talking about Hollywood and how Hollywood ladies are so silly, especially that Renée Zellweger,' she said.
    'How could she do that? Why would she go and have surgery on her face like we wouldn’t know? She doesn’t look like herself, and you can’t just do that where you go and don’t look like yourself, "cause we expect you to look like yourself."'

In the past: The 50-year-old actress sat down with SiriusXM's Jess Cagle to discuss the humiliation she endured after rumors sparked that she had plastic surgery following a red carpet appearance five years ago; seen in 2014

'They were talking about Hollywood and how Hollywood ladies are so silly, especially that Renée Zellweger,' she said
    Renee thought: 'Wow, that’s interesting. Anyway, here’s my stop.'
    She recalled standing up and waiting for the door to open so she could go about her day, only to hear the man 'still talking about how stupid I am.'
    'And he looked up and he said, "Oh God, you’re not — you are! Oh my God, but you look just like yourself!" And I said, "Yeah, it’s funny how that works, isn’t it?"' she recalled.
    While the Jerry Maguire star was hurt by the interaction, she remained steady in who she was and tried to limit the negativity swirling in her head.

A star is born: Renee found initial success in the industry working alongside Tom Cruise in the 1996 hit film Jerry Maguire

'It’s only momentarily where you go, "Jeez, wow, that’s pretty painful." But I don’t live in that,' she said. 'It just visits my life here and there and I’m not really privy on that stuff until someone sends it to me. I don’t seek it out.
    'And I’m busy! You know, I have dogs and they have to have shots and they need pills twice a day. There’s a lot, you know. I have other things to do.'
    Zellweger has certainly moved on from the past and is gearing up for the role of a lifetime as she stars in the Judy Garland biopic which opens in theaters on Sept. 27.

Over the rainbow: Zellweger has certainly moved on from the past and is gearing up for the role of a lifetime as she stars in the Judy Garland biopic which opens in theaters on Sept. 27

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...mors-2014.html

Yeah, this part I do not believe:
    She recalled standing up and waiting for the door to open so she could go about her day, only to hear the man 'still talking about how stupid I am.'
    'And he looked up and he said, "Oh God, you’re not — you are! Oh my God, but you look just like yourself!" And I said, "Yeah, it’s funny how that works, isn’t it?"' she recalled.

louiswinthorpe111 and Angeli like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Oh this looks good. Renee always brings it.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

She's a good actress, and I understand that the pressure must be ridiculous but it sounds SO disingenuous to double down on the lie. She had *something* done, maybe not surgery but good God people don't take it well when you insult their intelligence like that. It was not just an odd picture or angle or styling or whatever she's trying to imply.

I will even agree that she owes nobody an explanation, but in that case a "no comment" approach would have done well.

And I do want to go watch this Judy film, but I wish she'd shut up about this because it is really turning me off to her.

That thing she did with her eyes back in 2014 - I'm never going to get over it. I'll be in my rocking chair in front of my future nursing home talking about it.
    Beeyotch, Sleuth and robertmarilyn like this.

Weird... I recall back in 2014 she or her publicist saying she got eyelid surgery because of a condition. But now when I try googling it, I don't find anything like that, but I do find her denying any surgery in 2016. Maybe I'm suffering from a Mandela effect in this instance.
    sprynkles and twitchy2.0 like this.

She obviously had something done - be it surgery or fillers. That look from 2014 is NOT her natural face, not even when she gained weight for Bridget Jones. She doesn't owe the public anything but don't lie and say you didn't have plastic surgery because you did do something to your face. A person can't go from small squinty eyes to those big round ones out of nowhere.
    twitchy2.0 and Sleuth like this.

And she still doesn't deny it in that interview either. She hems and haws around it and says they accused her of not looking like herself, but suddenly there she is (ta-da! yeah, #thathappened) looking just like herself (because her surgeon was very good and her face settled down eventually) and everyone on the subway held hands and danced around, and all was right with the world.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

So Renee did the actual singing in this movie?!

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Renee's a great actress but yeah she’s not fooling anyone.
    And I seem to be in the minority but that movie looks like every other biopic - a chance for a big star to show off their acting and mimicry skills, and a lazy 'prestige' Oscar bait movie that’s nothing more than a series of vignettes of a dead person's biographical milestones, with no thread to really connect them. Boring! Call me when someone makes the next “I’m not there” - not historically accurate at all but you get a better sense of the person's character and essence than with the typical vanilla biopic.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Do we need another Judy Garland movie after the one with Judy Davis?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Judy Garland was such a complicated and fascinating person; any portrayal of her will draw an audience. And yes. The biopic with Judy Davis was excellent!
    crayzeehappee likes this.

She was in Dazed and Confused for all of 5 seconds. lol alum.
    Bridget Jones Diary ,Chicago, Cold Mountain, Empire records.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information