Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Renée Zellweger Says All Those Plastic Surgery Rumors Made Her "Sad"

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Renee Zelleger wasn't in Dazed & Confused, that was Joey Lauren Adams!
    Maybe they meant Empire Records....she was great in that even though she only had a minor part.
    weathered1, LaFolie and Waterslide like this.
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Japanese potatoes or vegan diet?
    Lemons.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I’m looking forward to seeing her in the Judy Garland movie.
    Lalasnake likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I think the issue with most actresses who claim they don't have PS is that they don't consider fillers, Botox, etc. PS.

I would agree with that. Surgery means cutting open a person's body to repair or remove a diseased organ or body part. So botox or other treatments that involve injections or lasering wouldn't technically be surgery. (I did look this up and not all definitions of surgery agree with that, but I can understand why some actresses wouldn't consider injectables to be surgery.)
    tulip and holly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I’m looking forward to seeing her in the Judy Garland movie.
    I'm looking forward to the movie too, but I wish someone else was playing Judy. To be fair, I haven't seen any previews yet.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

I saw the trailer recently and I thought she was quite believable as Judy, but take that with a huge grain of salt because I only really know Judy from Wizard of Oz and I used to be a fan of sorts of Renee.
    sprynkles likes this.

Daphodil and crayzeehappee like this.

In 2014, amid her break from acting, Zellweger sparked plastic surgery rumors after attending a red carpet event.

Addressing the speculation, the actress shares, "Well, because there's a value judgment that's placed on us. As if it somehow is a reflection of your character — whether you're a good person or a weak person or an authentic person."

"And the implication that I somehow needed to change what was going on because it wasn't working," Zellweger continues. "That makes me sad. I don't look at beauty in that way. And I don't think of myself in that way. I like my weird quirkiness, my off-kilter mix of things. It enables me to do what I do. I don't want to be something else."

I can't let this comment pass - and not because I don't like Zellweger. I think she is very talented and attractive. But unlike the usual plastic surgery thing where someone looks a little puffier or tighter, it almost appeared as if an impostor version of Zellweger was out making appearances. I'm not sure I've ever seen a situation where an adjustment to someone's eyelids has so dramatically changed how they looked:

I agree; so different. Her new look makes me think, “Robin Wright on the top, Renee Zellweger on the bottom.”
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

This movie is going to be a heartbreaker.

I was kinda zoning out watching the second trailer (it was me not the trailer) and I heard a millisecond of Rufus Sewell's voice and my head kinda whipped around. He's bald in this, but I still would.

I love the colors and set design of the movie. It looks dreamy, but obviously is going to be depressing as hell.
    Jadestone likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Apparently she was in Dazed and Confused, according to IMDB she played "girl in blue truck (uncredited)" which according to eonline is more noteworthy than any of the performances she was credited for, won Oscars for etc.
    Thats right. I remember now.
    Also Rory Cochoran who played a stoner in that movie also was in empire Records with Renee and starred with her in yet another movie called Love and a .45.
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I was kinda zoning out watching the second trailer (it was me not the trailer) and I heard a millisecond of Rufus Sewell's voice and my head kinda whipped around. He's bald in this, but I still would.

I love the colors and set design of the movie. It looks dreamy, but obviously is going to be depressing as hell.
    I couldn’t work out who the fuck that was!!! Thank you! He’s so gorgeous normally but his curly hair hides a funny shaped head (IMO) bald might be right for the character but it’s not attractive on him.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I couldn’t work out who the fuck that was!!! Thank you! He’s so gorgeous normally but his curly hair hides a funny shaped head (IMO) bald might be right for the character but it’s not attractive on him.
    I think really that's the worst he's ever looked! Lol so yeah, I agree, he needs hair. But his voice is still so dreamy...and the hair thing can be fixed...
    Novice likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information