Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree342Likes

Thread: Reese Witherspoon and Agent Husband Arrested in DUI Incident

in the newer video that tmz released, when they are in the backseat together, you can hear him asking her why she was acting like a fool and told her her behaviour was making the story much bigger than it should have been. he was drunk but he was still thinking like an agent and i think realized what was going to happen. anyways, i thought he actually sounds decent and accepting of the fact that he deserved the dui. she sounds like an entitled brat who assumed her friend/pr person/lawyer? molly smith would be able to smooth things over when she arrived. i guess not...

anyways, i think its hilarious. 'he does not have jurisdiction over the ground he speaks on' - she really did think she was a lawyer from her roles. i do give her credit for her apology, but i don't buy it. i think their conservation/interaction is a peek into their marriage and her personality beyond the image she tries to sell. its also not really that big of a deal, but its fun to hate on her.

newer tmz video: http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_c0x4umxb

more, apparently its 2+ hours long: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml
    Last edited by JerriBlank; May 5th, 2013 at 02:57 AM.
    Kathie_Moffett and Callalily like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    She was stinking drunk and disorderly, and okay, the apology tour. She's got a career and box office to think of. Her husband didn't sound drunk like her and he obeyed the officer - but what kind of a husband throws the wife under the bus like that? When all is said and done it's every spouse for themselves?
    Good question. Toth doesn't even try to talk her down. He sides with the cops, to the cops, in a low voice after she's dragged away. He doesn't even say her name.

Maybe he is used to these tirades.

Very Hollyweird couple.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

His her agent? He's used to knowing what's best for her /guiding her in the right direction / etc... So I think it might be the dynamic of their relationship (ie he's used to being the guy "in charge"/authoritarian figure).

ETA - maybe he also knows that the convo is being recorded (but not for release).
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I always thought she is a nice person but since I've watched those videos I just find her annoying and am tired of seeing her in the news.

i always knew she was more Tracy Flick than Elle Woods.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

If anyone buys her bullshit apology then they are idiots. Anyone with half a brain would know its just a move to save her career and name
    "I don't know what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time"

Elite Member

I think she is probably so pissed that the tape got out.

I believe she is used to acting like an elitist idiot but there was never any 'proof' to back up the stories & now there is.

It doesn't really matter if the apology is sincere or not. She offered it up without prompting, without bullshit excuses and she and her husband are immediately taking their punishment. That makes it better than about 90% of PR spin. Whether she truly feels it or not in her mind, who can ever now, but it has the same effect either way. I'd rather see a celeb like her do something wrong and admit it and put it right immediately, even if they're not feeling it, then listen to the endless "my feeeeeelings are what matter" bullshit apologies and excuses offered up by the Lohans and Gibsons of the world.
    CornFlakegrl and OrangeSlice like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Elite Member

Good points, NoNo. I would have preferred if her apology was less "I was just a wacky crazy drunk gal" and more "I'm deeply sorry that I interfered with the Atlanta cops doing their jobs, which is always tough and hazardous." I don't think that Laura Jeanne's apology is that far off from the usual Hollywood "Look at meeee!" fare.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Reese Witherspoon Is Really Subtle | Dlisted
    Laura Jeanne Poon's damage control campaign should've ended with her award-worthy performance on Good Morning America, but it keeps on going and she's trying to get extra credit now. While walking through LAX last night with her permanently mortified husband Jim Toth, Reese Witherspoon wore a City of Atlanta Police cap. Subtle ho is subtle. Yes, her publicists should get a raise for dragging this shit out for maximum attention, but Reese is wearing the wrong cap.

Reese should wear a cap that says "I AM REESE WITHERSPOON, FAMOUS ACTRESS!" or "I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN!" because then every police officer will know to not arrest her on American soil.

What stupid move is this head now?

It's like that Hello Vera t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    So it's OK to claim a false pregnancy? Because the police would go easy on a drunken pregnant woman? Right. I wonder if she explained that part to her kids.
    I don't think anyone is saying any of this is "ok". I will say people are blowing it out of proportion. People hate Reese because she is a type A bossy bitch with subtle hints of uptightedness, high handedness and elitism. People hate Reese because they think that she thinks she's better than them.
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    Meh I don't think this is nearly worth all the hate being thrown at her, she wasn't the one driving he was. As far as making an ass of herself, I've seen(and done) a hellava lot worse that was rather fucking tame imo.
    Right? Anyone who's never gotten smart with a cop ain't lived... most of us just go ahead and shut the fuck up after the first three times he tells us to. mainly because I don't have millions or I might not!
    Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I hear you. I think the "Do you know who I am?" along with other stories from various outlets make me wonder if Kevin Smith was on point with his diatribe against her on his blog, though.

The View Askewniverse - Psycomic
    Yes, because a grown fat ass man complaining about a teenage kid not kissing his ass and telling him Clerks SUCKED is the voice of fucking reason isn't it? FYI Clerks SUCKED! and now he can hate me too! He's proven himself to be a big, fat, crybaby bitch lately anyway, or am I the only one who noticed?
    Quote Originally Posted by JerriBlank View Post
    in the newer video that tmz released, when they are in the backseat together, you can hear him asking her why she was acting like a fool and told her her behaviour was making the story much bigger than it should have been. he was drunk but he was still thinking like an agent and i think realized what was going to happen. anyways, i thought he actually sounds decent and accepting of the fact that he deserved the dui. she sounds like an entitled brat who assumed her friend/pr person/lawyer? molly smith would be able to smooth things over when she arrived. i guess not...

anyways, i think its hilarious. 'he does not have jurisdiction over the ground he speaks on' - she really did think she was a lawyer from her roles. i do give her credit for her apology, but i don't buy it. i think their conservation/interaction is a peek into their marriage and her personality beyond the image she tries to sell. its also not really that big of a deal, but its fun to hate on her.

newer tmz video: http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_c0x4umxb

more, apparently its 2+ hours long: Reese Witherspoon's husband Jim Toth struggles to keep balance while failing sobriety test as MORE video footage emerges of their arrest | Mail Online
    1. I don't find any of this hilarious. These people (Jim & Reese) broke the fucking law... in a couple ways.
    2. I don't think these videos or sound clips should be released. I would absolutely HATE for that to happen to me. It would be bad enough IF I pulled some shit like this and had to live with the bad way I remembered it... for it to be released for public humiliation and radio play and television ratings is just nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    I think she is probably so pissed that the tape got out.

I believe she is used to acting like an elitist idiot but there was never any 'proof' to back up the stories & now there is.
    who fucking would NOT be pissed if that got out?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    It doesn't really matter if the apology is sincere or not. She offered it up without prompting, without bullshit excuses and she and her husband are immediately taking their punishment. That makes it better than about 90% of PR spin. Whether she truly feels it or not in her mind, who can ever now, but it has the same effect either way. I'd rather see a celeb like her do something wrong and admit it and put it right immediately, even if they're not feeling it, then listen to the endless "my feeeeeelings are what matter" bullshit apologies and excuses offered up by the Lohans and Gibsons of the world.
    Agreed. People are really beating this dead horse. And it IS dead. They are doing the right thing by accepting their punishment and not fighting it. They are offering minimal "excuses"... All I would've said is "mind your fucking business! I paid my bail money and you can fuck right off."
    Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    It's like that Hello Vera t-shirt.
    It was "A Low Vera"...
    OrangeSlice likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^ You know what I meant!

lalalalalalalalallalala
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Thread Information