Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree342Likes

Thread: Reese Witherspoon and Agent Husband Arrested in DUI Incident

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Her next step should be to host SNL. The world would forgive her.
    Brilliant. Call CAA, they need you.
    sprynkles and darksithbunny like this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

After Reese's tirade, Jim actually told the cop, "I'm sorry, I had nothing to do with that!"
    Can you imagine what she's like at home? And he's just an apologist....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

So it's OK to claim a false pregnancy? Because the police would go easy on a drunken pregnant woman? Right. I wonder if she explained that part to her kids.
    Lenny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    LOL her husband's reaction is priceless.

I do think other celebs could take a page out of her book, though. She admitted she was drunk, acted like an asshole and said there's no excuse. I'm impressed she hasn't offered up any bullshit and that her husband quickly pled guilty to the DUI.
    I'm impressed with her after the fact too. She sounded sincere and gave NO excuses and said she was very wrong and they knew better. I watched all the clips on TMZ and I really think they made a much bigger deal about her behavior than there was. I read the transcript they had first, but, except for not listening to the officer to stay in the car (which is VERY wrong ... how many times have we seen that happen on "Cops"?), she didn't really do anything out of the norm for someone who was drunk. I am aware and agree (many, many generations of cops in my family) that a cop NEVER knows what someone is going to do during a traffic stop and it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep your eyes on two separate people, hence the reason he told her REPEATEDLY (seriously, he gave her way many more warnings than most cops would) to sit in the damn car, for HIS safety. But the big caps lock on every comment she made in the transcript was ridiculous. She wasn't screaming, she was just inserting herself where she didn't belong and the cop had every right to arrest her. Let's not forget that her husband was the one that was driving a weapon while way, way, way over the limit. There's absolutely no excuse for that and I'm glad they both pled guilty and no contest and took their rightful punishment and didn't try to get out of it or fight it. A lot of other celebrities would have.

Quote Originally Posted by maryk View Post
    Honestly she made a mistake, a big mistake. She owned up though and didn't play the medication card, she didn't use racial slurs. As far as a celeb DUI goes this is very tame.
    Totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    So it's OK to claim a false pregnancy? Because the police would go easy on a drunken pregnant woman? Right. I wonder if she explained that part to her kids.
    I thought the very same thing! Being pregnant and drunk could have led to a much harsher charge! Intoxication definitely dulls your intelligence!
    Mel1973 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post

Among the biggest lessons she learned, she said: "When a police officer tells you to stay in a car, you stay in a car."
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    That's the BIGGEST thing she learned?
    Lawdy, Miz Poon, you mean the biggest thing you learned WASN'T "Don't Drink And Drive"??

I call bullshit, this diva hag is only being contrite and repentant because she's smart and calculating, she knows what's at stake (lots and lots of career $$$)--oh, and because she's sorry she got caught. On camera.

p.s. wonder how many times they got away with it before their luck ran out?
    Callalily, olivia, Novice and 2 others like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Lawdy, Miz Poon, you mean the biggest thing you learned WASN'T "Don't Drink And Drive"??

I call bullshit, this diva hag is only being contrite and repentant because she's smart and calculating, she knows what's at stake (lots and lots of career $$$)--oh, and because she's sorry she got caught. On camera.

There's some bleak statistic out there that says the average drunk driver has driven drunk 80 times before they get caught (my, what an awkward sentence.)

I wonder if this "Do You Know My Name" "I'm a US citizen standing on free ground" crap works better in California.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    There's some bleak statistic out there that says the average drunk driver has driven drunk 80 times before they get caught (my, what an awkward sentence.)
    Don't want to believe that but I guess I do. Based on people I know who do it routinely....ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I wonder if this "Do You Know My Name" "I'm a US citizen standing on free ground" crap works better in California.
    From what I've heard, not even in Berkeley.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I'm just disappointed that this didn't turn into a Rodney King situation.

i am impressed with the spin control.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post

I know that is the very scary part. Wonder when he's going to do his week in rehab?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I'm just disappointed that this didn't turn into a Rodney King situation.
    I know, the policeman should've gotten a commendation for that.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Meh I don't think this is nearly worth all the hate being thrown at her, she wasn't the one driving he was. As far as making an ass of herself, I've seen(and done) a hellava lot worse that was rather fucking tame imo.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I hear you. I think the "Do you know who I am?" along with other stories from various outlets make me wonder if Kevin Smith was on point with his diatribe against her on his blog, though.

The View Askewniverse - Psycomic
    kersalli and firebrat1229 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I hear you. I think the "Do you know who I am?" along with other stories from various outlets make me wonder if Kevin Smith was on point with his diatribe against her on his blog, though.

The View Askewniverse - Psycomic
    This was a great Kevin story and one I always believed. He called her out long ago on her nasty entitled attitude.

The nasty entitled attitude is what we're hating on her for. I also read that story years back, people like that are insufferable bitches to everyone all the time, she deserves the hate for being that way.
    Novice likes this.

She was stinking drunk and disorderly, and okay, the apology tour. She's got a career and box office to think of. Her husband didn't sound drunk like her and he obeyed the officer - but what kind of a husband throws the wife under the bus like that? When all is said and done it's every spouse for themselves?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information