Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree342Likes

Thread: Reese Witherspoon and Agent Husband Arrested in DUI Incident

fgg

Reese Witherspoon on Arrest: 'We Know Better'

Looking contrite, humbled and wiser for what happened, Reese Witherspoon addressed her arrest two weeks ago at the top of her interview with Good Morning America on Wednesday – calling it "one of those nights."

"We went out to a restaurant in Atlanta, and we had one too many glasses of wine," the Oscar winner and mother of three, 37, said, referring to herself and her husband, agent Jim Toth. After their car, which Toth was driving, was stopped, he was charged with DUI, and she with disorderly conduct.

"We thought we were fine to drive," she said, "and we were absolutely not, and we are so sorry and just so embarrassed." She added, "We know better and we shouldn't have done that."

Blaming "poor judgment" for not simply calling a cab, Witherspoon said, "We made a mistake, and it was something that will absolutely never happen again."

The police report noted that Witherspoon did not follow the officer's orders and she got out of the car, and spoke in abusive language to him.

"I was so disrespectful to him," the actress acknowledged on GMA. "I have police officers in my family. I work with police officers every day. I know better. It's just unacceptable." (Adding a note of levity, she also said, "I played a lawyer in a movie so many times I think I am a lawyer. And clearly I'm not a lawyer, because I got arrested.")

She explained, "I have no idea what I was saying. That night I saw him arresting my husband, and I panicked. I said all kinds of crazy things. I said I was pregnant." The actress flashed a look of amazement, then said, "I'm not pregnant. I said crazy things. I had no idea what I was talking about."

Telling her older children about the very public incident, she said, was "the hardest part about it. When you make a mistake, you take responsibility, and we are taking responsibility, and we are doing everything within our power to make it right."

Among the biggest lessons she learned, she said: "When a police officer tells you to stay in a car, you stay in a car."

Reese Witherspoon Arrest: Actress Talks About It on Good Morning America : People.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Among the biggest lessons she learned, she said: "When a police officer tells you to stay in a car, you stay in a car."
    That's the BIGGEST thing she learned?
    Fairy, Callalily and rollo like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Gold Member

She may know better, but she still made an ass of herself.

Yep just like thousands other other people who are drunk. I mean once I knew better than try to pee in a parking lot but I did it anyway.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Still a Poon.

"We went out to a restaurant in Atlanta, and we had one too many glasses of wine," the Oscar winner and mother of three, 37, said, referring to herself and her husband, agent Jim Toth. After their car, which Toth was driving, was stopped, he was charged with DUI, and she with disorderly conduct.
    BULLSHIT!

ONE glass too many does not give a reading of 0.139 especially when the legal limit is 0.08!!!!

A little perspective "5 beers over 2 hours for a 165 pound man would give about a 0.08% bac. To reach a 0.157% a 165 pound man would need about 9 beers over 2 hour period."
    so that what... 7 beers ?

oooh! This is great - not a pie chart but a table...
    http://www.ohiodui.us/BAC_Male_and_Female_Charts.htm
    Honeythorn and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

She panicked? Because she knew they were both too drunk to drive.

Reese Witherspoon Arrest
    DASH CAM VIDEO
    Crazier Than You Thought!

Exclusive
    Reese Witherspoon wasn't kidding when she told GMA she was "saying all kinds of crazy things" ... and TMZ has obtained the entire, unbelievably entertaining dash cam video.

The footage, obtained from law enforcement sources, shows the officer arresting Reese's husband Jim Toth for DUI in the early morning hours of April 19.

Reese -- who since admitted she was hammered at the time -- decided to butt in during the arrest ... and the officer obviously wasn't having it and cartoonishly enforced the law with a vengeance.

In fact, the cop warned Reese several times to sit down and be quiet so he could focus on Jim -- Witherspoon didn't exactly comply.

Instead, Reese got in the officer's face ... and annoyed him to the point that he arrested her for disorderly conduct. Here are some of Reese's finest quotes during the incident:

Reese: "Do you know my name sir?"
    Officer: "Don't need to know."
    Reese "You don't NEED to know my name?"
    Officer: "Not quite yet."
    Reese: "YOU'RE ABOUT TO FIND OUT WHO I AM!"

Reese: "I have done nothing against the law."
    Officer: "Yes you did, you didn't obey my orders."
    Reese: "I HAVE TO OBEY YOUR ORDERS??"

Reese: "I'm now being arrested and handcuffed??"

Reese: "I'm an American citizen ... I'm allowed to stand on American ground."

Reese: "You better not arrest me."

Reese: "I'm being anti-American?"
    Officer: "Yes, please sit down."
    Reese: "Wow!"

Reese: "You're harassing me as an American citizen"

And the best line -- "I'm obstructing your justice?"

After Reese's tirade, Jim actually told the cop, "I'm sorry, I had nothing to do with that!"

During the arrest, Reese also told the cop she was pregnant and needed to pee. She later confessed on "GMA" that she panicked and said "crazy things" because her husband was being arrested.

Funny moment during the bust ... the officer instructs Toth to blow hard during a breathalyzer test -- coaching him along the way, "Blow! blow! blow! blow! blow! blow! blow!"

But Toth blew TOO HARD ... and the cop had to do the whole thing all over again.

We broke the story ... Reese pled no contest to Physical Obstruction of Another and Jim pled guilty to DUI.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    Visit the TMZ Store: TMZ T-Shirts, Tees, Mugs, Hats, Cups, Tank Tops | TMZ Store
    Brookie likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

LOL her husband's reaction is priceless.

I do think other celebs could take a page out of her book, though. She admitted she was drunk, acted like an asshole and said there's no excuse. I'm impressed she hasn't offered up any bullshit and that her husband quickly pled guilty to the DUI.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Reese Witherspoon on Arrest: 'We Know Better'

Looking contrite, humbled and wiser for what happened, Reese Witherspoon addressed her arrest two weeks ago at the top of her interview with Good Morning America on Wednesday – calling it "one of those nights."

"We thought we were fine to drive," she said, "and we were absolutely not, and we are so sorry and just so embarrassed." She added, "We know better and we shouldn't have done that."

Blaming "poor judgment" for not simply calling a cab, Witherspoon said, "We made a mistake, and it was something that will absolutely never happen again."

The police report noted that Witherspoon did not follow the officer's orders and she got out of the car, and spoke in abusive language to him.

"I was so disrespectful to him," the actress acknowledged on GMA. "I have police officers in my family. I work with police officers every day. I know better. It's just unacceptable." (Adding a note of levity, she also said, "I played a lawyer in a movie so many times I think I am a lawyer. And clearly I'm not a lawyer, because I got arrested.")

She explained, "I have no idea what I was saying. That night I saw him arresting my husband, and I panicked. I said all kinds of crazy things. I said I was pregnant." The actress flashed a look of amazement, then said, "I'm not pregnant. I said crazy things. I had no idea what I was talking about."

Telling her older children about the very public incident, she said, was "the hardest part about it. When you make a mistake, you take responsibility, and we are taking responsibility, and we are doing everything within our power to make it right."

Reese Witherspoon Arrest: Actress Talks About It on Good Morning America : People.com
    There is a whole lot of royal "we" in this statement. Honey, you are the one who really made a turd out themselves. No "we" about it.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

I just the interview. She came across as sincere and embarassed but she could have gone further.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Honestly she made a mistake, a big mistake. She owned up though and didn't play the medication card, she didn't use racial slurs. As far as a celeb DUI goes this is very tame.
    OrangeSlice and Mel1973 like this.

I love that officer. He handled it very well IMO.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

The best line of her interview was when she said she has played and attorney and it seems like she thought she was one that night.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Her next step should be to host SNL. The world would forgive her.
    olivia likes this.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information