Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree315Likes

Thread: Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice and husband indicted for fraud

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Joe could have declared the income via stated income loan or done a 1099. A w2 has to be filed by the employer as well and includes income taxes, FICA etc.... She can't claim that she didn't know anything about it and joe did it alone. She would have had to sign documents stating her income and employment are true as stated in the loan. They go over this paper at the time of signing, both at the loan app and the closing. No way can she claim ignorance unless joe dressed in drag and perfected tre's signature.

Joes sentencing for the DL is still pending.
    I don't think I was saying that, I just think that Joe has a lot if undeclared income (ie jobs for cash, etc.) and if the IRS look at your life style having another income would account for some of it.
    As it is, he doesn't appeared to have filed a tax return for a number of years, so I think it's a moot point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    From usmagazine.com

Teresa Giudice, Joe Giudice Each Released on $500,000 Bail Bonds
    Celebrity News July 30, 2013 AT 10:10AM By Zach Johnson

Teresa Giudice and Joe Giudice walk toward Martin Luther King, Jr. Courthouse in Newark, New Jersey, on Tuesday, July 30, 2013.
    Credit: AP Photo/Julio Cortez

Teresa Giudice and Joe Giudice put on a united front outside of the United States District Court in Newark, New Jersey, on Tuesday, July 30. Arriving hand-in-hand, the Real Housewives of New Jersey stars appeared before Judge Cathy Waldor.

UPDATE: The Giudices were each released on $500,000 unsecured bail bonds. They must surrender their passports and they are not allowed to leave New York or New Jersey until their next hearing, which is scheduled for Aug. 14. During the hearing, it was also revealed that Joe, who was born in Italy, is not a legal U.S. citizen. An onlooker says the spouses "were very solemn" during the hearing, adding that there were "no tears" and "they were very professional."

One day earlier, the Bravo reality stars were charged in a 39-count indictment with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud.

Teresa, 41, and Joe, 43, of Montville Township, N.J., are accused of exaggerating their income while applying for loans before their show debuted in 2009, then hiding their improving fortunes in a bankruptcy filing after their first season aired. The spouses are also accused of submitting fraudulent mortgage and loan applications from 2001 to 2008.

On Monday, July 29, Teresa's attorney, Henry Klingeman, told Us Weekly, "Teresa will plead 'not guilty.' The judicial process that begins today with an indictment is a search for the truth. As it moves forward, we look forward to vindicating her." Joe's attorney, Miles Feinstein, echoed, "We're going to meet these charges and fight them."

That same day, the Fabulicious!: Fast & Fit cookbook author issued a statement to Us, saying, "Today is a most difficult day for our family. I support Joe and, as a wonderful husband and father, I know he wants only the best for our lovely daughters and me. I am committed to my family and intend to maintain our lives in the best way possible, which includes continuing my career. As a result, I am hopeful that we will resolve this matter with the government as quickly as possible."

If convicted, the Giudices -- parents to daughters Gia, 12, Gabriella, 10, Milania, 7, and Audriana, 3 -- face more than 50 years in prison.

Teresa Giudice, Joe Giudice Each Released on $500,000 Bail Bonds - UsMagazine.com
    So what? He's not a US citizen? Or he stole someone else's identity, and therefore appears to be a US citizen but isn't?
    Clears up why he used someone else's birth certificate...
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    So they each post 500k bonds. Does that mean they were formally arrested, booked , fingerprinted...all that stuff? Or is this different?
    I'd love to see their mugshots. How do bonds work? It said in one article, unsecured.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    I'd love to see their mugshots. How do bonds work? It said in one article, unsecured.
    Unsecured Bond: Unsecured bail bond means a bond that holds a defendant liable for a breach of the bond’s conditions. In an unsecured bail bond the defendant signs a contract and agrees to appear before the court. If s/he fails to do so, s/he promises to pay later the agreed bail bond amount before the court. An unsecured bail doesn't require that the money be offered up front. Further, an unsecured bail bond is not secured by a deposit of or lien on property. For instance, a bail bond executed before a court without deposit of or lien on property is an unsecured bail bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I don't think I was saying that, I just think that Joe has a lot if undeclared income (ie jobs for cash, etc.) and if the IRS look at your life style having another income would account for some of it.
    As it is, he doesn't appeared to have filed a tax return for a number of years, so I think it's a moot point.

So what? He's not a US citizen? Or he stole someone else's identity, and therefore appears to be a US citizen but isn't?
    He could very well have a greencard which he could have gotten as a small child when his family moved to the US. Maybe he didn't want to give up his Italian citizenship, not sure what rules are for dual citizenship with Italy. It doesn't mean he's here illegally. Geesh, I can't believe I'm defending Joe, he's disgusting.
    cherrypye likes this.

I'll wait for you, Joe!!

Silver Member

Stupid parents to do this to their kiddies. Did they think they could get away with it?

Deleted because the article I posted was old. Sorry!

But would anyone like the indictment?
    http://www.justice.gov/usao/nj/Press...Indictment.pdf

Last edited by Bombshell; July 30th, 2013 at 07:09 PM.
    dougie likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

I hope Bravo tells them to scratch! They aren't worth it.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I watch RHONJ. It was at its best with the table flipping (dont know what season). Teresa is a real piece of work, and I don't mean that in a good way. Her husband even more so. If it weren't for their children, I'd say lock them up and throw away the key. Their eldest daughter seems like she is starting to see reality with these two. They're charged with some serious stuff--wouldn't want to be them right now. I heard on tv that 'juicy joe's' father tried to throw a punch at a camera man. Don't know if that's true, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Elite Member

Dammit, now I have to start recording this show. Bravo would be stupid to cut out Teresa, since viewers like me will come back just to watch all this crap.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

no, he used another birth certificate because his license was suspended due to his DUI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantownfan View Post
    Stupid parents to do this to their kiddies. Did they think they could get away with it?
    Of course, they did... they both think they are sooooo clever and everyone else is stupid. I laughed my ass off at Juicy Joe being offended that Teresa's brother said she was "scum" and they wound up in a fist fight... YET, last season he referred to her as "my bitch wife" and "that cunt" while on the phone with a person viewers assumed was a girlfriend....
    Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    I watch RHONJ. It was at its best with the table flipping (dont know what season). Teresa is a real piece of work, and I don't mean that in a good way. Her husband even more so. If it weren't for their children, I'd say lock them up and throw away the key. Their eldest daughter seems like she is starting to see reality with these two. They're charged with some serious stuff--wouldn't want to be them right now. I heard on tv that 'juicy joe's' father tried to throw a punch at a camera man. Don't know if that's true, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    Table flipping = season finale of season 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Dammit, now I have to start recording this show. Bravo would be stupid to cut out Teresa, since viewers like me will come back just to watch all this crap.
    I doubt Bravo will cut her. They probably SHOULD but since this is all about ratings for them...
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

lovely, isn't she?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Her best line was calling Danielle a "prostitution whore"
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Part 1 of 2

Posting this mostly for the pictures and Joe Giudice's parents

From nydailynews.com

Teresa Giudice, husband Joe Giudice released on $1 million bond after hearing on fraud charges
    Judge Cathy Waldor ordered the 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' couple set free on $500,000 bond each, and they were ordered to give up their passports and limit travels to New Jersey and New York after being indicted on federal fraud charges.
    By Don Kaplan , Barry Paddock AND Corky Siemaszko /
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 9:27 AM
    Updated: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 12:27 AM

Mark Bonifacio/New York Daily News
    Joe Guidice, husband of 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Teresa Giudice, was told to "calm down" by his lawyer as he walked into Newark Federal Court for hearing on federal fraud and tax evasion charges.

Reality TV stars Teresa and Joe Giudice were their crassy selves Tuesday as they went before a judge to answer federal fraud charges.

The thick-necked husband of “The Real Housewives of New Jersey” star slapped a news camera out of his way as he and his moll made their way into Newark’s federal courthouse.

“Calm down, Joe,” his lawyer, Miles Feinstein, pleaded. “Don't do that.”

Teresa, dressed in a white pants suit, and Joe, encased in a dark suit, looked like they were digesting bad scungilli as Judge Cathy Waldor ordered them released on $500,000 bond each.

“Yes,” they each answered tensely when Waldor asked them if they understood.

Neither entered a plea.

While Joe was released on a bond secured by his pop, Frank, Teresa didn’t need anybody to sign for her. That’s because she brings home the bacon in this family.

Teresa is paid $36,000 per episode, or about $750,000 a season, sources told The Daily News. And she has parlayed her notoriety into a series of cookbooks and a specialty food line called Skinny Italian that has made her thousands more.

Teresa and Joe on the front page of Tuesday's Daily News.

Waldor also ordered the Giudice’s to turn in their passports and limit their travels to the Garden State and New York.

Joe Giudice, whose real first name is Giuseppe, is an Italian citizen and could face deportation if convicted.

That didn’t sit well with his mom, Filomena.

Photos by Norman Y.Lono (top), Bravo
    Where the money comes from these days

“None of your f-----g business,” she snapped, when a reporter asked about the prospect of her boy being booted out of the country. “Worry about yourself.”

“Go to hell,” Frank Giudice chimed in.

The accused couple, who are due back in court Aug. 14, refused to speak with reporters.

Frank Giudice first gave reporters the finger — then bent over and displayed his backside — when they returned to his son’s $1.7 million Montville Township mansion.

Mark Bonifacio/New York Daily News
    The Giudices are accused of hiding their success in a bankruptcy filing following their first season aired.

“They profess their innocence,” Feinstein said. “A coin has two sides. There is another side here that you haven't heard, but you'll hear in the courtroom.”

Teresa's lawyer, Henry Klingeman, claimed his client is “being targeted because of her celebrity” and insisted “the family's handling themselves with great dignity.”

Noting that Teresa does not have a criminal record, Klingeman added, “We hope that she's vindicated and spends no time in jail. But it's a federal case and there's always a risk of jail.”

U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman declined to say whether they offered the Giudice’s a deal.

“We're confident that we have enough evidence to convict the defendants beyond a reasonable doubt,” he said.

Teresa, 41, and her 43-year-old husband are accused of exaggerating their income while applying for loans before their reality TV show debuted in 2009 — then hiding how well they were doing in a bankruptcy filing after their first season aired.

The combustible couple were were charged in a 39-count indictment with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud.
    Last edited by dougie; July 31st, 2013 at 08:53 AM.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Part 2 of 2

Norman Y. Lono for New York Daily News
    Joe Giudice's father, Frank, gives photographers the finger as the family enters through the garage.

Teresa in Sept. 2001 falsely claimed in a $121,500 mortgage application that she worked four years for Modern Era Investment Corp., making $3,750 a month, according to the indictment.

Prosecutors contend she actually was unemployed from January 2001 to 2008.

Meanwhile Joe — an entrepreneur who has run everything from a stucco company to a pizzeria — failed to file tax returns for 2004 through 2008, when he is alleged to have earned nearly $1 million.

Joe also obtained fraudulent construction loans of about $800,000 and $1.7 million, according to the indictment.

Joe Giudice's father Frank showed onlookers what he really thought of them.

Conviction on all counts could send them both to jail for up to 50 years.

Joe is no stranger to the legal system. He was busted for drunk driving last year and then spent 10 days in jail after it was discovered he was driving on a suspended license.

He is also facing charges in Passaic County that he used his brother’s identity to obtain a driver’s license.

Teresa is one of five Garden State gals featured in the Bravo series, which is now in its fifth season and which chronicles their lavish and often cheesy lifestyles. In recent years, her manipulative and combatative behavior as made her the villain the quintet.

Teresa and Joe Giudice have been indicted on 39 counts.

Her husband is no prize, either. He has been caught on camera calling Teresa a “bitch” and a “c--t.”

Klingeman said they should not be judged by how they come off on the show. “While it’s called reality television, I'm not sure everything you see on the show is real,” he said.

With Erik Badia
    bpaddock@nydailynews.com

Click here for video

Teresa Giudice, husband Joe Giudice released on $1 million bond after hearing on fraud charges - NY Daily News

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information