Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree315Likes

Thread: Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice and husband indicted for fraud

"Real estate"

4 mil for a house and they didn't even put in geothermal? Idiots.

Tons of wasted space here. The only room that looks marginally appealing is the tv room with the sectional.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Reminds me of a fancier, tackier Tony Soprano house.
    czb likes this.

NJ real estate is crazy expensive. You'll go broke paying the real estate taxes alone - highest in the nation!

That's what a $4,000,000 house looks like in that part of NJ. I'm not talking about the interior - these people are an embarrassment to the rest of New Jerseyans.

$1.2 million might get you a 3500 - 4000 sq. colonial on a 3/4 acre in the NYC suburbs depending where you are. My sister bought a 1800 sq. foot Dutch Colonial a few years ago on a 1/2 acre in this general area for $950,000. And there was a bidding war.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

That house is not worth 4 mill The Zillow value is listed and the article even states how over priced it is.

The median home cost in Towaco (zip 07082) is $417,500. Home appreciation the last year has been 4.80 percent.

It was valued at 1.2 mill just 2 years ago. Value has not appreciated by 2.8 mill in 2 years. LOL
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

[QUOTE=qwerty;3252254]NJ real estate is crazy expensive. You'll go broke paying the real estate taxes alone - highest in the nation!

That's what a $4,000,000 house looks like in that part of NJ. I'm not talking about the interior - these people are an embarrassment to the rest of New Jerseyans.

$1.2 million might get you a 3500 - 4000 sq. colonial on a 3/4 acre in the NYC suburbs depending where you are. My sister bought a 1800 sq. foot Dutch Colonial a few years ago on a 1/2 acre in this general area for $950,000. And there was a bidding war.[/QUOTE

i'm with sluce - that house is way overpriced. and 400/sq ft is nothing. real estate goes for 750-1000+/sq ft here. and that can include houses that need major work. on a postage stamp sized lot.

I don't live far from this area. 3.5 acres - the size of that house - $1.2 million doesn't get you much in North Jersey. You'll get more for your buck in Towaco than the town I live in but still, that is a damn big house on a lot of property in a suburb not far from NYC. Not much to argue about here and I know Zillow says a value of $1.2 million but I still find it hard to believe.
    Last edited by qwerty; September 14th, 2014 at 06:39 PM.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Zestimates are known to be way off.
    czb likes this.

You can buy a whole town for 4 mil in Iowa. Lol

1 mil here will get you over 7000 square feet.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Of course they went out with a high asking price, but that price is in range for that size house in Montville, I don't know if the Towaco zip code lowers the price, the schools are the same ( I have a cousin in montville whose daughters go to school with the oldest giudice monster). Of course you can get a smaller older house for 600k, but these Montville McMansions are all in the 2.5 to high 4 range:

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    You can buy a whole town for 4 mil in Iowa. Lol

1 mil here will get you over 7000 square feet.
    1 mill here buys 1700 sq feet on <1/12 of an acre. and it probably needs work.

NYC is even worse.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

fgg

even where i am, $1M gets you a postage stamp sized lot and a house with 2k to maybe 4k sq feet.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Bronze Member

I really hope Teresa goes to jail and doesn't get off with just house arrest or probation. She lived a huge, expensive life, without working for it.

She shouldn't get a pass because she is on tv or has kids. Children are not an excuse, many inmates have children.

I know she won't be severely punished, but damn, I wish she would be. Maybe it would teach her kids NOT to act like Mommy and Daddy.

She should be jailed just for being ugly.
    Mother of all that is holy, she's so ugly she has to sneak up on a glass of water.
    She's so ugly you can stick her face in cookie dough and make animal crackers.
    She's so ugly a vibrator once stood her up for a date.
    She's so ugly that if it were a crime, she'd get lethal injection.

I'm here all week *rimshot*.
    mjw, Mel1973, deenz and 5 others like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    even where i am, $1M gets you a postage stamp sized lot and a house with 2k to maybe 4k sq feet.
    Where I live 1 million would buy you a huge Edwardian house with massive gardens and leave you with enough to buy a couple of small houses to begin your career as a slum landlord.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

fgg

^i'm on my way! as soon as i win the lottery.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information