Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Randy Quaid, wife arrested for burglary

He is truly giving his Uncle character in the National Lampoon flicks a run for his money!

I'm wondering if they are into some sort of LSD or peyote subculture thing, cause this is just weird. I remember hearing about some sort of peyote gypsy band that travels the southwest and they believe its their right to sleep anywhere they want to, that the earth doesn't belong to anyone.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I'm wondering if they are into some sort of LSD or peyote subculture thing, cause this is just weird.

It's always interesting when two insane people hook up.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Gold Member

So they're squatters and walked out of a huge hotel bill, so they're homeless. Did all his money go up their noses?

I don't know that Dennis necessarily had a lot of money. He's been in some good stuff, but his imdb is rather thin considering how well-known he is.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevMaxwell View Post
    I'm pretty sure Dennis has 50 grand to get his brother out. Does anyone know if they have a close relationship?
    I think they probably did at some point--they appeared together in The Long Riders, but I read somewhere that Randy is estranged from his family because they're afraid of his wife.

Can't say I blame Dennis for keeping his distance.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

And once again, its not their fault...

Quaids fight back over squatting claims

Last Update: 8:07 am

In this booking photo from the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department, Randy Quaid is pictured on April 26, 2010 in Santa Barbara, California. (Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department via Getty Images)

Randy and Evi Quaid are fighting back against allegations they have been squatting in a house they call their home insisting they have fallen victim to an elaborate fraud.

The Quaids were arrested at the house in Santa Barbara, California on September 18th and face charges of felony residential burglary and a misdemeanor of entering a non-commercial building without consent after officials received a complaint.

The couple told cops they had owned the estate since the 1990s, but officers had been handed documentation said to prove the current owner had bought the home from another buyer in 2007, who had reportedly purchased the house from the Quaids years earlier.

The pair has since been released on bail after posting $50,000 each.
    Brokeback Mountain star Quaid has now vowed to fight for the property, because he insists the couple has been targeted in a scam, reports TMZ.com.

Quaid alleges fraudsters forged the signature of a dead woman called Ronda Quaid on a legal document in 1992, wrongfully transferring the ownership of the property to a third party.

He claims he can prove the allegation, telling the website, "If you don't stick up for what's yours, and defend what's yours ... what are you?"

http://www.sandiego6.com/entertainme...wlsDbC9yQ.cspx

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    And once again, its not their fault...
    I bet this turns out to be "Ronda Quaid":

Default Randy & Evi fail to show for court; warrants issued for their arrests

Randy and Evi Quaid Missing (from Court): Couple Fail to Show in Case of Illegal Squatting
    Posted by Caroline Black

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (CBS/AP) Randy and Evi Quaid have been keeping busy coordinating court appearances, logging community service, and rewriting their growing rap sheets.

So busy in fact that the couple most recently charged with "felony vandalism exceeding $400 and a misdemeanor of unauthorized entry of a dwelling house" failed to show up for their arraignment Monday in Santa Barbara.

So now the Quaids also have warrants out for their arrest.

Senior Deputy District Attorney Lee Carter says Randy and Evi's case will be called again on Oct. 26.

In addition to the alleged house crashing, Evi Quaid, 47, also faces a second misdemeanor for resisting or obstructing a peace officer or EMT, reports RadarOnline.

Randy and Evi Quaid were arrested last month after the current owner of the Quaids' old home reported that they had been living in his guest house without his permission, but the Quaids insisted that they had owned the property since the 1990s.

The Quaids frequently missed court appearances in an earlier case involving charges they defrauded an innkeeper. That case was resolved in April with Evi Quaid pleading no contest to a misdemeanor count. The charges against her husband were dropped.

Randy Quaid, 60, is best-known for supporting roles in films such as "Independence Day" and "National Lampoon's Vacation." He is the older brother of actor Dennis Quaid.
    Randy and Evi Quaid Missing (from Court): Couple Fail to Show in Case of Illegal Squatting - Crimesider - CBS News

Well fuck, between this jackass and Tom Sizemore my childhood movies are getting totally ruined -- Xmas Vacation and Heart and Souls were two of my faves. Sad and sadder.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

I really hope they are taping all of this for some awesome reality show. I would totally watch these two and their antics.

No worries, something will work out for them in the end.

Celebrity justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    Get Randy a job, poor guy has gone bonkers.
    He needs a divorce and a restraining order, maybe that will help.

Quaid, wife seek refuge in Canada after arrest

VANCOUVER Actor Randy Quaid and his wife told Canada's immigration board Friday they are seeking refuge in Canada because they are being persecuted in the U.S., after they were arrested on U.S. warrants related to vandalism. The pair were arrested on Thursday afternoon in a shopping area of an affluent Vancouver neighborhood.

The Quaids are wanted in Santa Barbara, where they missed a court Monday on felony vandalism charges. Santa Barbara County Senior Deputy District Attorney Lee Carter said Friday that Quaid and his wife Evi's bail increased to $500,000 apiece.

Evi Quaid begged a Canadian immigration adjudicator not to force them to return, saying on Friday that too many of her husband's actor friends have died under mysterious circumstances and she's worried something will happen to him next.

Evi Quaid said she's been told by a jail nurse that her blood pressure is dangerously high due to stress and that Randy Quaid's mother has been hospitalized in the U.S. as a result of the stress from their legal troubles.
    The Quaids said they came to Canada for legitimate reasons and had no intention of skipping out on a warrant issued for their arrest in the United States.

A U.S. judge issued arrest warrants Monday for the couple after they failed to show up at a California court hearing stemming from their arrests last month on suspicion of illegally squatting at a home.

Quaid and his wife face felony vandalism charges after more than $5,000 in damage was found in a guest house of a Montecito, California home they had previously owned.

They face no charges in Canada. The Canadian immigration adjudicator must decide whether the couple should remain in custody until their next hearing, scheduled for Tuesday.

The Quaids frequently missed court appearances in an earlier U.S. case involving charges they defrauded an innkeeper. That case was resolved in April with Evi Quaid pleading no contest to a misdemeanor. The charges against her husband were dropped.

Randy Quaid, 60, is best-known for supporting roles in films such as "Independence Day" and "National Lampoon's Vacation." He is the older brother of Dennis Quaid.

Quaid, wife seek refuge in Canada after arrest - Yahoo! News

It just keeps getting better and better

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information