Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Rachel Weisz announces pregnancy at 48

As someone who's 32 year old eggs are having a hard time producing spawn and have had to resort to science, I have to say that this gives me hope. Whether science helped or not, I always check these pregnancy announcement threads to see how old the women are to remind myself that time is still on my side.

People are living so much longer now and honestly anyone can end up on their death bed at any age so if you've got the stamina and desire, more power to you.

I hope she has a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby in the end!
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ Obviously I am not pointing the finger at anyone on here. It will be hard on the kid but then I guess the nannies will be in their twenties.
    i understand that (about not pointing fingers). but not sure it's so hard on the kids. at least, i don't think it's so hard on my kids. i can still put aside the walker and hike with them, play with them at the playground.
    Last edited by czb; April 20th, 2018 at 03:18 PM. Reason: clarify
    Kittylady likes this.

^ Good for you. I hope you will be like that at 70! I mean, kids change so much and people get old at different rates so who can say? I was just saying in general and besides she is not going to be struggling to raise the kid but they still have to find something in common. Hopefully the kid will get off her lawn ...
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

czb

^^^ i know you weren't pointing at me and i'm not offended. just poking you so i hope *you're* not offended!
    rollo likes this.

^ Not at all.
    czb likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

We had ours in our late 30s, and I think the only thing I would say is that if you are going to put off having kids until later in life, at least keep yourself in decent shape so that you aren't teetering around like a peepaw, not being able to play with your kids. There is a lot of fun to be had, and memories to be made, if you can keep up with them.
    arie_skop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Actually, I think it's pretty cool, as long as they saw a genetic counselor and the fetus is healthy. She looks way younger than 48, in my opinion, so probably has more stamina than most at that age.

I had a great-aunt or great-great aunt who had twins at 50 (naturally, obviously, back then) and then her husband committed suicide shortly after the birth. So, as usual, it's probably the dad who is the weak link anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    poor man...no way he could deal with twin screaming in stereo sound at his age..sent him over the edge ,may he rest in peace finally!
    Doesn't bode well for George Clooney.

MohandasKGanja and effie2 like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Tammy Duckworth -- congresswoman and double amputee-- just had her second at age 50! Of course, I don't know the circumstances of conception but she gave birth herself, apparently.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Tammy Duckworth -- congresswoman and double amputee-- just had her second at age 50! Of course, I don't know the circumstances of conception but she gave birth herself, apparently.
    I think I had completely forgotten she was a double amputee. Holy smoke, she is a force of nature.
    Daphodil likes this.

So I'd completely mis-remembered that the reason her and Daniel Craig married is she got pregnant with Daniel's baby when she was with her partner/husband but ended up with a miscarriage. I've not seen anything about this so I may have combined a plot from a Very Bad Soap Opera and applied it to her.

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Daphodil View Post
    So I'd completely mis-remembered that the reason her and Daniel Craig married is she got pregnant with Daniel's baby when she was with her partner/husband but ended up with a miscarriage. I've not seen anything about this so I may have combined a plot from a Very Bad Soap Opera and applied it to her.
    I think that was a blind item from Enty. It may or may not have been true.
    Daphodil likes this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    As someone who's 32 year old eggs are having a hard time producing spawn and have had to resort to science, I have to say that this gives me hope. Whether science helped or not, I always check these pregnancy announcement threads to see how old the women are to remind myself that time is still on my side.

People are living so much longer now and honestly anyone can end up on their death bed at any age so if you've got the stamina and desire, more power to you.

I hope she has a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby in the end!
    Don't lose hope. At 32 I was told by my doctors that I had a 0% chance of ever having a baby. A month later I became pregnant with my now 8-yr-old daughter (naturally). Later, we tried for years for baby #2; didn't happen. It was years of disappointment & heartbreak and I did have 2 miscarriages in those years. By the time I turned 41, I had started to accept it would never happen. Then became pregnant again. (Naturally & by accident.) Now I'm a bit over 5 months along and the pregnancy has been going fine. (Well, other than the fact that I've been sick as a dog every single day and weigh less than before the pregnancy began--and I was already very skinny--but the baby is doing fine and that's what matters.)

(I'm sorry, I'm sure people are getting tired of hearing my story trotted out on every other pregnancy thread, but I like to give people hope, because I was absolutely one of the women for whom a pregnancy seemed to be of EXTREMELY low possibility, and it happened.)
    czb, lindsaywhit, Angeli and 8 others like this.

Gold Member

I think I just realized that Rachel Weisz and Carla Gugino are two different people...

I misread the title as Rachel Welsh first and had to take a second look. (And realized, her first name is spelled differently as well)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information