Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree406Likes

Thread: R. Kelly under criminal investigation in Georgia following docuseries

So far sounds like a person threatening suicide. I don't know if it's him or someone else.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Sorry, it’s not letting me post the article. False alarm.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/12/r-kel...tower-chicago/
    Waterslide likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Thank you. I didn't get a chance to Google. Last I saw it was about a victim, not him.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I'm not sure if you had a chance to read the TMZ article, but it wasn't about him. It was one of the girls that is supposedly in the "cult" and four other women (it didn't make clear who they were, but I assume it was four more sex slaves) had apparently had a suicide pact and someone reported it. When they got there, R. Kelly had been in a meeting with his legal team for two hours and it was deemed bogus. It sounds very strange though.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

fgg

R. Kelly’s accuser speaks out, details alleged sexual abuse for the first time

One of R. Kelly‘s accusers broke down in a TV interview as she came forward for the first time to speak the “truth” about how she was allegedly attacked by the musician.

Lanita Carter identified herself in an interview with CBS News as one of the four accusers whose claims led to Kelly’s arrest in Chicago in February.

“I was sexually abused by him and I live after that. I try to pick up the pieces every day,” Carter told CBS correspondent Jericka Duncan with tears running down her face in a short clip released Wednesday.

“It’s hard but I know I’ll get through it. I’m not ashamed of my past anymore.”

Carter said she was Kelly’s “hair-braider for two years” when she was assaulted 15 years ago, claiming the singer tried to force her to give him oral sex before he masturbated and spat in her face.

Carter – who was 24 at the time – claims she submitted her shirt for DNA testing and Cook County prosecutors told her it was a match to 52-year-old Kelly, whose real name is Robert Kelly.

“This is a release,” she said of speaking out for the interview set to air on “CBS This Morning” on Thursday morning.

“I’ve been carrying this since 2003. I have had to sit on a public bus and watch public conversation: ‘Did you hear about what they did with R. Kelly? They need to leave that man alone.’ And I can’t stand up for myself. I finally realized: I don’t wanna be this victim. I don’t wanna be a part of this.”

She tearfully told Duncan that she hopes coming forward will help her move on with her life.

“When I finally realized I don’t want to be this victim, I don’t want to be a part of this, every time I tried to pick myself up again, I felt like something on the news brought me back to what I thought I swept under the rug,” she said.

“Today I say: no more. You can talk about me. You can not like what I’m sayin’ about your favorite singer. But this is my life… This is my truth. This is what I have. If I die tomorrow, I know that I told the truth.”

She added, “I know that I want to be the best person I could be. I know that I want to help people.

“If it’s anybody that want to speak truth, it’s hard when it’s a celebrity. It’s not easy. It’s not easy if it wasn’t a celebrity. It makes it 10 times worse.”

The R&B star was hit with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sex abuse in Cook County in February. The charges involve incidents from 1998 to 2010, with the three other accusers believed to be all underage.

Earlier this month, Kelly was interviewed by Gayle King on CBS and made headlines for emphatically denying the charges, repeatedly punching his hand, hitting his chest and standing to shout straight to camera.

“Quit playing, I didn’t do this stuff,” he said at one point during the explosive interview. “This is not me. I’m fighting for my f—ing life.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/27/r-kel...he-first-time/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

“Today I say: no more. You can talk about me. You can not like what I’m sayin’ about your favorite singer. But this is my life… This is my truth. This is what I have. If I die tomorrow, I know that I told the truth.”
    Wow. That's pretty powerful stuff. Hats off to this Superwoman.
    Mrs Fawlty and bootspaige like this.

FEDS TURN UP HEAT IN HIS OWN BACKYARD ... Over Alleged Sex Trafficking

RKelly's virtually getting smoked out by the feds in his own backyard as prosecutors frantically look to interview Kelly's associates in connection with their sex trafficking investigation.
    Sources close to the case tell TMZ ... federal prosecutors in the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Illinois this week contacted parties closely associated with Kelly. We're told there was a sense of urgency to the calls ... prosecutors wanted to speak to them ASAP.
    As you know ... there are 2 separate U.S. Attorney probesinto Kelly -- one by the Eastern District of NY and another by the Southern District. Our sources tell us the Northern District of Illinois' investigation is unrelated to either of those other cases. This appears to be a third and entirely separate case that Illinois is building against Kelly.
    Either way, it's bad news for him ... the feds are now in Kelly's own backyard looking into the singer. BTW ... Homeland Security is also looking into possible human trafficking ... so things are really piling on for Kelly.
    We've reached out to the Northern District of Illinois for comment ... a spokesperson declined to comment.

EXCLUSIVE

Tmz.com

R. Kelly was so "overwhelmed" with his legal woes, he had no idea what the hell he was reading after he was served papers while in jail ... much less know how to handle it in court and that's why he lost his sexual abuse case ... so claims his lawyer who is fighting to undo the legal defeat.
    You'll recall the embattled singer was sued by Heather Williams in Cook County, Illinois back in February ... claiming Kelly sexually abused her when she was 16 years old. The lawsuit came on the heels of Kelly dealing with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
    Williams' attorney, Jeffrey Deutschman, initially fired off a legal letter in an effort to settle out of court. But they got no response from Kelly's team so they forged ahead with the lawsuit. What's more ... Williams said she tried serving Kelly at Trump Tower but security made it mission impossible.

Somehow, Williams served Kelly while he was in jail for failing to pay child support ... this according to Kelly's civil attorney, Brian Nix, who tells TMZ ... "R. Kelly was served while incarcerated on the child support case and he was overwhelmed by the experience of being in jail." When Kelly failed to appear for a hearing, Williams won a default judgment against the singer.
    Nix says, "[Being overwhelmed] coupled with Mr. Kelly not being cognizant of what the motion fully meant led to him missing the hearing. I had no idea he had been served." There's a hearing set for next month to determine damages.
    Kelly's lawyer is trying to get the default judgment set aside so they can fight it out in court on the merits.
    Stay tuned ...

and I am sorry but what a load of shit.
    He didn’t tell his lawyer or pass the paperwork to him? Bullshit.
    Overwhelmed? Cry me a river you child molesting pos.

I feel like this is going to go on FOREVER and somehow he'll still end up not being punished in any shape or form. Fuck this predator.

Well, not in this case because he got served, didn’t show to court and got ruled/judged against in his absence.
    Now he is crying about it like a pathetic looooooser.
    Sylkyn, C_is_for_Cookie and idunno like this.

R. Kelly's legal team has another reason for the judge why it believes the singer's L in his recent sexual abuse civil case shouldn't count ... he can't read.
    Kelly's attorneys, Zaid Abdallah and Raed Shalabi, filed legal docs claiming even though Kelly was served in the civil case -- in which Heather Williams alleges he sexually abused her when she was 16 -- he was in Cook County Jailat the time for failing to pay child support and should not have been served there.
    More significantly, though, according to the docs ... Kelly "suffers from a learning disability that adversely affects his ability to read," adding ... "in essence he cannot."
    Translation -- Kelly had no idea what the legal papers were all about, so he didn't take the appropriate steps after being served to defend himself.
    The new legal docs also blast the fact Kelly was served while incarcerated, claiming Williams' lawyers could have easily served Kelly's criminal lawyer or delivered the docs to Trump Towers where he lives. Williams' lawyer has said security at his residence made that impossible, but Kelly's attorney calls BS on that.
    As we reported ... Williams won a default judgment against Kelly when he failed to appear for a hearing in the case.
    Kelly's legal team is asking the court to vacate the decision ... so he can properly mount his defense this time around.

Tmz.com

Elite Member

Not only illiterate, but also too stupid to show the papers to his legal team. Asshat.

He's full of shit. His lawyers were in and out of jail while he was there, trying to figure out where they were going to get bail from. There's no way you can convince me that his attorneys didn't know about the legal documents. Especially if he's been dodging them like it says.
    Novice and crayzeehappee like this.

I don't believe him or his lawyers bs for one second. Kelly has always done everything he could to avoid dealing with the evil shit he's perpetrated over the years. Just look at his first trial (this is from memory, so feel free to correct me if I have any details wrong): victim and family members paid off, his attorneys delayed that trial for years, argued it wasn't even him on the tape (even though it obviously was). So not buying what he's selling.
    Novice likes this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information