Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: R&B Singer James Ingram dead at 66

A*O

Most men (and women) can’t sing. Period. Name one from the current crop of “stars” who can even hold a tune without massive electronic trickery.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^^^Most of them rap now, or if they sing, they're autotuned to within an inch of their life.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    I loved so many of his songs and didn't even realize he was involved in them. I think "Baby Come to Me" was used as a love theme in General Hospital? I seem to remember it related to that show. Rest in peace.
    That song was the most heavily rotated song used on General Hospital. It was the love song for Luke and Holly (Tony Geary and Emma Samms), post Luke and Laura. The second one of them would be on screen, up went the song. I think it was played more than "Rise" by Herb Alpert (the instrumental to rape the woman you love by - that's an inside joke for those who watched the show). It was played more than Christopher Cross' "Think of Laura", again heavy rotation on the show.

By the way Mo, Emma Samms made her debut on GH skinny dipping in a lake. She wore a nude body stocking. There was major bitchery between Emma and Demi Moore's characters, Demi doing
    all of the bitchin'. Shutting up now.
    Waterslide, Jadestone and Annika like this.

I think my favorite song was the duet with Michael McDonald “Ya mo be there.” When I hear that song it brings back so many memories for me as a kid.

My favorite line was from Baby Come to Me. “taking walks together out in any kind of weather.....” so smooth how he delivered lyrics.
    LaFolie and Mrs P like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Rest in peace, James.

I remember Baby Come to Me from being on General Hospital, too. I sometimes really miss the 80s. And by sometimes I mean all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Most men (and women) can’t sing. Period. Name one from the current crop of “stars” who can even hold a tune without massive electronic trickery.
    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    ^^^Most of them rap now, or if they sing, they're autotuned to within an inch of their life.
    Agreed. And due to autotune, no one even has a distinctive voice anymore on top of not being able to sing. They might as well just stop paying humans and make music out of computers and holograms. But you used to turn on the radio and you could tell immediately the difference between Michael McDonald, Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Simon LeBon, George Michael, Bono, Kenny Loggins, Bruce Springsteen, Lionel Richie, Sting, Phil Collins, Prince, Boy George, Stevie Wonder, etc. - just to name a few - and all those guys had mainstream hits at roughly the same time. It wasn't just that you could sing, it was that your voice had character, too.
    Sunnygirl, HWBL, BITTER and 1 others like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Men simply don't sing like this anymore. What a loss.
    I don't know much about James Ingram (I've heard the song 'Baby Come to Me') but listening to the songs in this thread he had an amazing voice. So smooth. I definitely agree about the 'singers' we have nowadays. What happened to real vocal talent? There are some singers that have talent, I suppose, but it's rare to hear a voice that really moves you.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

A*O

He’s not exactly “modern” but I suppose Michael Buble has a distinctive and good natural voice although I’m not really into ballads or crooners. Even cheesy Barry Manilow can actually sing.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Gonna throw Kelly Clarkson's name out there...
    Daphodil and Jadestone like this.

I hate to say it, but Miley Cyrus has a good voice with her Backyard Sessions recordings. Her version of Jolene and Lilac Wine are good.
    Daphodil and Beeyotch like this.

She does and so does Gaga. She doesn't need the autotuned bullshit she's put out in the past.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I loved his song Whatever we Imagine. It was Bo and Hope's song on Days of our Lives. His voice gave me shivers from that song. My favorite of his was Just no easy way. You yu can find those songs please do.You won't be disappointed . If I could link I would u I suck a that.
    gas_chick likes this.

omg i'm having a flashback to being a wee one! so sad all the eighties people are getting to 'that age'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information