Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The quiet dignity of Rielle Hunter, John Edwards' mistress

Quote Originally Posted by LucreziaBorgia View Post
    Whispers around our state have it that they are planning on being together when Elizabeth dies. Her silence doesn't strike me as dignified, so much as it is calculated.
    Dignified, calculated, at this point, what difference does it make? their marriage is already kaput. they'd be divorced by now if not for an antiquated state law. and who is to say that a person can't be calculating out of love?

Say what you will about this, but have any of you watched their interview w/ Oprah? I don't trust anyone in the equation, but to me, Andrew Young's wife rings true.

Oprah being her typical self cuts her off and interrupts her at so many important points. But despite that, the comments of the wife are really telling. She speaks of being controlled by millionaires and billionaires who had employed her husband for 10+ years, and who had them successfully kicked out of their previous home.

they felt they had no choice. and if THEY felt that way, as employees of this man for 10+ years, I wonder what pressure and threats Rielle endured.

I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    A woman who sleeps with a married man has no dignity.
    I think that you'll find that has already been discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    She's quiet because she knows she can get more out of it that way. Don't confuse 'dignity' with 'disingenuousness'. Hush money puts a pretty nice pillow under your head so you can sleep better at night.
    Agreed - hence my comment re: gagging order earlier. I think that she's got her eye on the $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    Dignified, calculated, at this point, what difference does it make? their marriage is already kaput. they'd be divorced by now if not for an antiquated state law. and who is to say that a person can't be calculating out of love?

Say what you will about this, but have any of you watched their interview w/ Oprah? I don't trust anyone in the equation, but to me, Andrew Young's wife rings true.

Oprah being her typical self cuts her off and interrupts her at so many important points. But despite that, the comments of the wife are really telling. She speaks of being controlled by millionaires and billionaires who had employed her husband for 10+ years, and who had them successfully kicked out of their previous home.

they felt they had no choice. and if THEY felt that way, as employees of this man for 10+ years, I wonder what pressure and threats Rielle endured.

I'm just saying.
    He could always move to another state & file there. Nothing is making his stay married except the loss of votes when he goes to the next poll.

Marry Reille? Doubt it..
    In early January, the National Enquirer reported that John Edwards was living in the family's vacation home on Figure Eight Island near Wilmington, N.C. The paper interviewed Stephanie Breshears, who is a bartender at the Kornerstone Bistro, located five miles from the vacation house. Breshears said Edwards came in the restaurant on Dec. 30 and for the next four nights, trying repeatedly to get her to go back to his house and have sex. Breshears told the Enquirer that after she refused his appeals, he flirted with another woman at the bar. "He told her he was 'separated, soon to be divorced,' " according to 34-year-old Breshears.

Rielle and John have always had an "open" relationship apparently.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information