Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Prodigy singer Keith Flint dies age 49

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    That song was for me the first time I had an emotional reaction to music.
    I was 13, on holidays in Australia and for the first time in my life I was watching MTV (might sound weird, but I used to live in New Caledonia and there were only 2 TV channels ) and this music video just was ... I dont even have the words. But before that, I had never heard a piece of music that had provoked something like this
    I’ve never heard of New Caledonia, so I looked it up. It’s interesting to hear that someone comes from a small place, to be introduced to something so awesome.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I’ve never heard of New Caledonia, so I looked it up. It’s interesting to hear that someone comes from a small place, to be introduced to something so awesome.
    No one has, everytime I have to detail "a tiny island east of Australia and north of New Zealand" :p
    At the time it was really isolated. One radio station (that mostly played ... local music ^^') , 2 TV channels ... a few video clubs and very few places were you could buy a limited selection of CDs. 2 cinemas who got the movies usually about 6 months after the rest of the world, so those holidays in Australia felt like finally getting some air to breathe.
    pinkbunnyslippers and Novice like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Ugh this week is truly sucking.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Prodigy star Keith Flint ‘may have been larking around’ when he died, rules UK coroner

A coroner in the UK has ruled an “open finding” into Keith Flint’s death as questions still remain about the Prodigy star’s final moments.

Prodigy star Keith Flint took a cocktail of drugs before his death but may not have meant to take his own life, a coroner has ruled in the UK.

The 49-year-old was found dead at his home in Essex, southeast of London, on March 4.

An inquest in Chelmsford, Essex, has heard the performer was found “by a friend” after taking codeine and alcohol, reports The Sun.

But Essex Senior Coroner, Caroline Beasley-Murray, said there wasn’t enough evidence to determine he committed suicide and recorded an open conclusion.

Ms Beasley-Murray said that he may have been “larking around and it went horribly wrong”.

She also found insufficient evidence to conclude his death was an accident and said: “We will never quite know what was going on in his mind on that date.”

Flint’s family and manager were aware of the hearing but did not wish to attend.

The hearing was held in their absence, with no witnesses called to give evidence in person.

Ms Beasley-Murray said police attended the much-loved singer’s home and found there were no suspicious circumstances and no third-party involvement.

Explaining how she reached her conclusion, she said, “I’ve considered suicide.

We will never quite know what was going on in his mind on that date and so that’s why I’m going to record an open conclusion.

“To record that, I would have to have found that, on the balance of probabilities, Mr Flint formed the idea and took a deliberate action knowing it would result in his death.

“Having regard to all the circumstances I don’t find that there’s enough evidence for that.”

“He clearly was extremely popular, he was much-loved by so many fans.

“It’s been very touching to see that, and of course I’m aware of the funeral service that was held in Bocking.”

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...f1c68819189b5c

Codine & alcohol is the *best*!!!

opps! Someone forgot the cocaine & it’s sounds like the coroner was/is a fan.

Keith Flint: not enough evidence for suicide verdict, coroner rules

Prodigy singer, 49, had drugs and alcohol in his system when found at his home on 4 March

Press Association
    Wed 8 May 2019 11.08 BST

The Prodigy singer Keith Flint died by hanging and had unspecified amounts of cocaine, alcohol and codeine in his system at the time, an inquest has heard.
    The 49-year-old was found dead at his home in the Essex hamlet of North End on 4 March.
    The coroner’s officer, Linda Calder, told Wednesday’s brief inquest hearing in Chelmsford that Flint was found hanging at his home by a friend.
    She said a postmortem examination recorded that the singer died by hanging, and the report also noted the presence of cocaine, alcohol and codeine.
    The senior coroner for Essex, Caroline Beasley-Murray, recorded an open conclusion, adding: “We will never quite know what was going on in his mind on that date.”

She said Flint’s family and band manager were aware of the hearing but did not wish to attend. The hearing was held in their absence, with no witnesses called to give evidence in person.
    Police attended the singer’s home and found there were no suspicious circumstances and there was no third party involvement, Beasley-Murray said.
    Explaining how she reached her conclusion, she said: “I’ve considered suicide. To record that, I would have to have found that, on the balance of probabilities, Mr Flint formed the idea and took a deliberate action knowing it would result in his death.
    “Having regard to all the circumstances I don’t find that there’s enough evidence for that.”

She also found insufficient evidence to conclude Flint’s death was an accident, where he may have been “larking around and it all went horribly wrong”.
    “I’m going to conclude an open conclusion,” she said. “We will never quite know what was going on in his mind on that date and so that’s why I’m going to record an open conclusion.
    “He clearly was extremely popular. He was much-loved by so many fans. It’s been very touching to see that, and of course I’m aware of the funeral service that was held in Bocking.”
    She asked the coroner’s officer to express the court’s sympathy to his family and to the band’s manager

'Larking around' as in trying to get himself off via auto-erotic asphyxiation?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

That’s what I thought. à la michael hutchence. Or David carradine (though in his case wasn’t there also a prostitute?)
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information