Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie Kicked To The Curb: No More Freebies For Them!!

Quote Originally Posted by roslyntaberfan View Post
    Good! It's about time needless expenses were curbed. Prince Andrew and his family cost the taxpayer so much frigging money, it's a disgrace. I'm not a Royalist by any stretch of the imagination but I do respect Princess Anne for raising her kids without HRH titles which has meant that they have had to support themselves. They're undoubtedly still privileged but at least they don't drain public money.
    I think almost all of the tax money to the royal family should be curbed, or it should go to popular vote how much the people are willing to give to support them. This is coming from someone with absolutely no right to an opinion on the matter

Flygirl, Sunrider, BITTER and 9 others like this.

If the Queen is still "in charge", how was Charles able to make this happen? Did he strong arm his mother?

Supposedly she's been giving Charles increasing responsibility to prep him for being king.

I don't think QEII has been the same since Philip has been ill. She loves that old jackass a lot and I don't think she'll be long for this world once he goes.

"Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Flygirl- it costs every person in the UK about 60-something pence a year for the Royal family. I don't think that's too bad, personally.
    Novice and McJag like this.

I was wondering, not entirely to do with Bea and Eugenie but up until her pregnancy, I don't recall Kate doing a lot of royal engagements. Was this because there are so many other members to take over, all of The Queen's children as well as the DoE and the Queen herself? I just thought she'd do more upon marriage, visit some children's hospitals, homeless shelters, etc. but I only really saw her a lot during the Olympics.
    EvilAmerican likes this.

^ She has done things like that this year. Here's the first link from when I googled.
    Kate Middleton Valentine's Day trip: Duchess of Cambridge to visit Liverpool children's hospital | Mail Online
    McJag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Flygirl- it costs every person in the UK about 60-something pence a year for the Royal family. I don't think that's too bad, personally.
    Yeah, that's actually not bad at all. I would be ok with that, if I were a citizen. Like I said, I really had no right to weigh in at all.

Brits on the board, what do you think the general consensus is on the monarchy from your average citizen? Do you think if it were put to popular vote that most citizens would want to continue supporting it with tax money? I'm asking this completely out of ignorant curiousity, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Charles' sons both have jobs, and pretty tough ones too, in addition to their pretty busy schedules of official royal duties. So I'm sure Charles is probably pissed that these two are in their mid-twenties and don't have either royal duties or any plans at getting a job.

I remember reading that HM has always treated Andrew as her favorite and indulges him like no one else, which is why he's been able to skate by for so long doing stuff that the other royals hate (like supporting Fergie, spoiling his kids rotten, etc.) because all he has to do is go to Mummy. Apparently Andrew is shitting himself about the fact that QEII will die and Charles will be in charge, because the brothers don't get along. Supposedly Charles has told Andrew that once he's king, Andrew is not going to get a free ride anymore.
    Like he really cares! Mummy will leave him well fixed.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    All the kids of QE2 have jobs (or extensive volunteer commitments) and their children have jobs...except for Andrew and his sloppy daughters. Yay Charles for yanking them into reality, where those girls will give the world loads of scandal as they try many avenues for making money. Shit, if they were allowed, Eug and Bea should make a reality show of it. Princesses at the pork pie factory, raising sheep, selling underwear at a downscale mall, I'd watch it.
    Hasn't the other "princesses" Skanky Hilton & Airhead Ritchie already done that???
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty View Post
    Could be pressure is coming from other places as well. Aren't they they only two of the grandchildren that don't work? Will and Harry work and both of Anne's children have jobs.
    Edward's don't work, but they are only 6 &4 (or so... I can't be bothered to google!)
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Hasn't the other "princesses" Skanky Hilton & Airhead Ritchie already done that???
    I

they were such a drag, I only watched one episode. I want my slumming princesses to be swearing, drunk and falling on their fat asses...and not taking themselves at all seriously.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I

they were such a drag, I only watched one episode. I want my slumming princesses to be swearing, drunk and falling on their fat asses...and not taking themselves at all seriously.
    If they take after their mother at all you'll def get the first 3!
    Karistiona likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Edward's children aren't princess and prince either. Andrew should have taken a hint. He can hardly be surprised that it has come to this.
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    ^ She has done things like that this year. Here's the first link from when I googled.
    Kate Middleton Valentine's Day trip: Duchess of Cambridge to visit Liverpool children's hospital | Mail Online
    Thanks for the link, is this something she does a lot? Admittedly, I don't follow her closely, although I love her fashion but I just remember being a kid and seeing Diana hugging old ladies and visiting children with cancer all the time but I never saw Kate doing that until that article.
    It just seems odd to me that she's not put to work more, she's obviously a natural with kids and always looks so happy when I see her doing things, so why not have her do more engagements since people seem to love to see her so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    Thanks for the link, is this something she does a lot? Admittedly, I don't follow her closely, although I love her fashion but I just remember being a kid and seeing Diana hugging old ladies and visiting children with cancer all the time but I never saw Kate doing that until that article.
    It just seems odd to me that she's not put to work more, she's obviously a natural with kids and always looks so happy when I see her doing things, so why not have her do more engagements since people seem to love to see her so much?
    I think she does a lot more than we see over here. All we care really is what she wore.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Yeah, that's actually not bad at all. I would be ok with that, if I were a citizen. Like I said, I really had no right to weigh in at all.

Brits on the board, what do you think the general consensus is on the monarchy from your average citizen? Do you think if it were put to popular vote that most citizens would want to continue supporting it with tax money? I'm asking this completely out of ignorant curiousity, nothing more.
    There's nothing wrong with you giving your opinion about it.
    I really am only guessing so I could be way off but I think the majority would vote to keep the Royals.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    I don't really follow her closely but I can recall seeing her doing quite a few things like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information