Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Princess Charlotte to be Christened at Same Church as Princess Diana

Her bag goes everywhere with her. It has snacks for the corgis!
    czb, *DIVA! and snoopqueen like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    is it just me or is it odd that the queen's purse is by her feet? it's like she was on her way out and they made her sit really quick for the picture.
    The queen's purse is as much an institution as she is. In my imagination anyone who dares asks The Queen to move her purse is shot dead on the spot, or if HMQ is feeling merciful, they get whisked away to the Tower of London.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Elite Member

I hate to see people putting their purses on the ground.
    BelledeJour likes this.

Previous BRF christenings:

Princess Elizabeth (the Queen)

Princess Elizabeth (the Queen) was christened by Anglican Archbishop of York, Cosmo Gordon Lang in the private chapel at Buckingham palace on 29 May 1921 and named Elizabeth Alexandra Mary.

She was named after her mother, while her two middle names are those of her great-grandmother, Queen Alexandra and grandmother, Queen Mary. Her godparents were King George V and Queen Mary, the Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne, her aunts Mary, princess Royal, lady Elphinstone and her great-great uncle prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught.

Members of the royal family at the christening of Princess Elizabeth. Left to right, back row: The Duke of Connaught, King George V, the Duke of York and the Earl Strathmore. Left to right, front row: Lady Elphinstone, Queen Mary, Duchess of York with Princess Elizabeth, The Countess of Strathmore and Princess Mary.

King George V, the Duke of York, Queen Mary & the Duchess of York with Princess Elizabeth on Princess Elizabeth's christening day

Prince Charles (the Prince Of Wales)

King George, Queen Elizabeth the Queen mother, Princess Elizabeth, Prince Charles & Prince Philip on Prince Charles's christening day

Prince Charles is christening in the Buckingham palace’s Music Room on 15 December 1948, using water from the river Jordan, by Archbishop of Canterbury Geoffrey Fisher. He is named as Charles Philip Arthur George. His godparents were King George VI, the King of Norway, Queen Mary, Princess Margaret, Prince George of Greece, the DowagerMarchioness of Milford Haven, the Lady Braboume and the Hon David Bowes-Lyon.

Prince Charles with his mother, great-grand mother and grand mother on his christening day
    Princess Elizabeth, Prince Philip with Prince Charles (left), Princess Elizabeth with little Prince Charles (middle), King George VI, Queen Mary, Princess Elizabeth & Prince Charles(right)

Days Of Majesty: The Royal Christening - Part 1

Princess Ann (Princess Royal)

Queen Elizabeth the Queen mother, Princess Elizabeth with Princess Anne,Vice Admiral the Earl Mountbatten of Burma, Princess Margarita of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, Hon Andrew Elphinstone, Princess Alice Countess of Athlone, and a young Prince Charles with his back to camera on Princess Anne's christening day

Princess Anne is christened in the Music Room of Buckingham Palace on 21 October 1950, by then Archbishop of York, Cyril Garbett. She is named as Anne Elizabeth Alice Louis.

The Princess’s god parents were Queen Elizabeth the Queen mother, the Hereditary Princess of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, Princess Aliceof Greece and Denmark, the Earl Mountbatten of Burma and the Hon. And Rev. Andrew Elphinstone.

Princess Anne's official christening day portrait
    Queen Mary, Princess Elizabeth & Princess Anne, Queen Elizabeth the Queen mother with Prince Charles, King George VI and Prince Philip on Princess Anne's christening day.

Prince Andrew (the Duke of York)

Prince Andrew is christened in the Music Room of Buckingham Palace on 08 April 1960, by then Archbishop of Canterbury, Geoffrey Fisher. He is named as Andrew Albert Christian Edward.

The Prince’s godparents were the Duke of Gloucester, Princess Alexandra of Kent, the Earl of Euston, the Lord Elphinstone and Mrs. Harold Philips.

Her Majesty the Queen with little Prince Andrew

Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Princess Anne, the Queen & little Prince Andrew on Prince Andrew's christening day

Prince Edward ( Earl of Wessex)

Prince Edward is christened in the private chapel at Windsor Castle on 02 May 1964, by then Dean of Windsor, Robert Woods. He is named as Edward Antony Richard Louis.

His godparents were Prince Richard of Gloucester, the Duchess of Kent, Princess George William of Hanover, the Prince of Hesse and by Rhne and Earl of Snowdon.

The Queen, Prince Andrew & Prince Edward

The Queen & little Prince Edward on Prince Edward christening day

The Queen, Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew with little Prince Edward

Days Of Majesty: The Royal Christening - Part 2

The Royal Christening Robe of Queen Elizabeth I
    Most members of the royal family have worn the same ancient christening gown/royal Christening robe made for Queen Victoria’s eldest daughter, princess Victoria since 1841. This gown is made from Fine Honiton lace lined with white satin. It has been preserved up to now.The font used in the royal baptism is that the princess Victoria used.

In 1894 the robe was given by Queen Victoria to the Duchess of York (later Queen Mary), all of whose children were christened in it. In the next generation it was worn by the children of King George VI, Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester, and of Prince George, Duke of Kent.

The children of the Queen and of Princess Margaret were christened in it, and it has subsequently been used for the christenings of all the Queen’s grandchildren and other royal babies, including the grand children of Princess Margaret.

http://daysofmajesty.blogspot.com/20...ng-part-1.html
    Last edited by dougie; July 9th, 2015 at 02:49 PM.
    Briar Rose likes this.

A*O

Nice pics. Kate does look great with the Updo. Why does Pippa have to wear an almost identical outfit?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Nice pics. Kate does look great with the Updo. Why does Pippa have to wear an almost identical outfit?
    I was wondering the same thing. She shouldn't have worn something so similar. Trying to upstage her like at the wedding, I suppose

Those pics are great - the shot of just the 4 of them is lovely. And yeah...why is pippa wearing almost the same as Kate?

I'm sorry but after looking at these and other pictures of the royal family, I have to conclude that they are not an attractive family (generally). However, Charlotte and George are super cute. Then again, so was William for a while. I hope the kids' cute sticks with them.

Edit: 1841 is "ancient" now?
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Liz was never a great beauty, but she was always impeccably dressed and well-groomed; a little of that can go a long way. Plus, she had a great rack.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Liz was never a great beauty, but she was always impeccably dressed and well-groomed; a little of that can go a long way. Plus, she had a great rack.
    HMQ says, "thank you very much!"

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/493707177874218851/

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    HMQ says, "thank you very much!"

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/493707177874218851/

I love this Gif!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    is it just me or is it odd that the queen's purse is by her feet? it's like she was on her way out and they made her sit really quick for the picture.
    Maybe that is where she keeps her secret stash!
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

A*O

That family group Christening pic has been photoshopped to the max, Ma Middleton especially. I suspected as much with the delay in releasing them.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

^ Yep and they damn near airbrushed the fug right out of Pippa, which is quite a feat.
    effie2 likes this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information