Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Princess Charlotte to be Christened at Same Church as Princess Diana

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Princess Charlotte Christening 2015 UK £5 Gold Proof Coin

• The first official UK coin to bear Princess Charlotte’s name
    • Approved by the royal parents, Prince William and Catherine
    • Struck in 22 carat gold, finished to Proof standard
    • First time we have celebrated the christening of a Royal Princess on a UK coin
    • Fourth in line to the throne and the first female in succession

Heralding the Christening of Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

A £5 coin struck in gold for the princess

A baby’s christening marks an official welcome to the world, and as Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge is baptised, we issue a £5 coin in her honour – the only official United Kingdom coin to be struck, and the first to bear her name, with a design officially approved by her parents. Only available in 925 sterling silver and 22 carat gold, struck to Proof standard in strictly limited numbers, this is a very special way to remember the arrival of the new princess.

About the Coin

On 2 May 2015, Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana was welcomed to the world by an adoring public. Now, as the Royal Family unites to baptise the new princess, we celebrate the special occasion with a beautiful 22 carat gold Proof coin. This official UK coin has been approved by the proud parents, Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and it is the first official coin to bear the name of the new princess, who is fourth in line to the throne.

The coin’s reverse was designed by seasoned coinage artist, John Bergdahl, as were the popular coins struck for Princess Charlotte’s birth and the christening of her older brother. And echoing the christening coin for Prince George, the design depicts cherubs heralding Charlotte’s arrival, her name on a cartouche, surrounded by details inspired by the Lily Font used in royal christenings since 1841. This intricate design has been finished to our finest Proof standard and is paired with the fifth coinage portrait of The Queen, Charlotte’s great-grandmother, on its obverse. A wonderful memento of this special moment in the life of the young princess.

Princess Charlotte Christening 2015 UK £5 Gold Proof Coin

Silver Member

I think everyone looked great especially HMQ and Kate. Pippa....well she tries hard. I love the silhouette of the skirt but it was overall not successful. George is precious and Charlotte so cute. I hope they're enjoying these moments, they go buy in a flash.

A*O

Have the Mario Testino official pics been released yet?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

A*O

Bump. Still no official christening photos? Prince George's were released more or less the same day. Mario Testino wouldn't have come cheap and I'm sure he knows what he's doing so I wonder what the delay is. Maybe Ma Middleton doesn't think they are good enough and wants them re-done.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Princess Charlotte in christening photos with Kate Middleton and the Royal Family | Daily Mail Online

Princess Charming! First official pictures of baby Charlotte's christening - taken by Diana's favourite photographer Mario Testino
    • Taken by legendary fashion photographer Mario Testino, who famously shot Princess Diana's last official shoot
    • Shows the Queen and three generations of royal successors - Prince Charles, Prince William and, of course, George
    • Snaps were taken at Sandringham House, the Queen's private Norfolk residence
    • Princess Charlotte was christened on Sunday at the Church of St Mary Magdalene in front of just 21 guests

By Rebecca English for MailOnline
    Published: 09:08 EST, 9 July 2015 | Updated: 09:18 EST, 9 July 2015

He stole the show with his high-spirited antics at Princess Charlotte's christening on Sunday.

But fortunately Prince George was on his best behaviour when it came to the official photographs of the occasion, which have just been released by Kensington Palace.

Taken by legendary fashion photographer Mario Testino, the images show the Queen and three generations of royal successors – Prince Charles, Prince William and, of course, George – at Sandringham House, her private Norfolk residence.

The first official pictures of baby Charlotte's christening - taken by Diana's favourite photographer Mario Testino - have been released

The Duchess of Cambridge holds her daughter, whilst her husband, Prince William, places a protective arm around their son, who sits with his legs to his chest on the seat.

Joining the family on the front row is the Queen, who looks resplendent in a pink coat, matching hat and floral dress.

Although one of the most highly regarded men in his field, Testino was a surprise choice for such an auspicious and formal occasion, although he has long been a private favourite of the Royal Family.

He famously shot Princess Diana's last playful and iconic fashion shoot for Vanity Fair magazine just two months before she died, and counted her as a personal friend.

Prince George plays with his hair as the family of four pose for their first official snap together

A cheeky Prince George grins as his father holds him in his arms in this candid black and white shot, left, whilst Kate shows her maternal side with her first daughter cradled in her arms, right

In recent years he has also photographed Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall and Princes William and Harry, playfully capturing the two brothers relaxed and dressed in just jeans and white shirts.

He also took the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's official engagement portrait, another remarkably informal picture by royal standards, showing the couple smiling and hugging with Diana's famous engagement ring on show.

The 60-year-old Peruvian, who is a major anglophile, flew up to the monarch's private country estate by helicopter on Sunday to capture the images, according to one well-placed royal source, to set up the shoot.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at the newborn's christening on Sunday at the Church of St Mary Magdalene in Sandringham, Norfolk, England

William and Kate arrived on foot, pushing fourth-in-line-to-the-throne Charlotte in an original 1950s Millson pram used by the Queen for her sons, Princes Andrew and Edward

The service was officiated by the Archbishop of Canterbury, The Most Rev Justin Welby, and the local rector, the Reverend Jonathan Riviere. Little George kept crowds entertained and was seen chatting to his great-grandmother, the Queen

The christening itself took place at the Church of St Mary Magdalene, just a few minutes' walk from the main house, at 4.30pm.

There were just 21 guests, including two-month-old Charlotte, her five godparents, the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, as well as grandparents Michael and Carole Middleton and Kate's siblings Pippa and James.

The service was officiated by the Archbishop of Canterbury, The Most Rev Justin Welby, and the local rector, the Reverend Jonathan Riviere.

William and Kate arrived on foot, pushing fourth-in-line-to-the-throne Charlotte in an original 1950s Millson pram used by the Queen for her sons, Princes Andrew and Edward.

William held his lively son, who will turn two later this month, by the hand.

George, wearing an £85 Rachel Riley outfit comprised of red shorts and a smocked shirt, entertained the 3,500-strong crowd with his antics, adorably peeping into his sister's pram and attempting to run off into the churchyard.

As royal christenings go, it was a relatively casual affair and the entire party, excluding the Queen and Prince Philip, walked back to the main house for tea and a slice of christening cake – a tier of William and Kate's wedding cake – cheered by onlookers.

Charlotte's godparents were named as two cousins from both sides of the family – Michael Middleton's nephew, Adam Middleton and Diana's niece Laura Fellowes – as well as three close friends, James Meade, Thomas van Straubenzee and Sophie Carter.

George, wearing an £85 Rachel Riley outfit comprised of red shorts and a smocked shirt, left, entertained the 3,500-strong crowd with his antics, adorably peeping into his sister's pram, right, and attempting to run off into the churchyard

Last edited by dougie; July 9th, 2015 at 11:43 AM.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

she should really take to wearing the hair up.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Great shots. The Queen does look great.
    czb likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Wonderful pictures!

czb

they let pippa in the testino shot? and mrs middleton in the center? wonder how she managed that.

She is the kids granny,isnt she?Now,baby looks like her Great Granny,i think..
    darksithbunny likes this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

czb

yeah, but were diana's parents in the family shots after william and harry's christenings?

Diana,s parents were divorced and didnt fit in..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Will's fug was always hidden behind that gorgeous mane of blond hair. The balder he gets, the uglier he gets.
    Wilson and Clubber Lang like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

^ Probably. Nothing wrong with an Earl! All this stuff about Carole taking over is ridiculous IMO.

The photos (as you would expect) by Mario Testino are flattering with the right balance of formality/informality.
    tulip likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

fgg

is it just me or is it odd that the queen's purse is by her feet? it's like she was on her way out and they made her sit really quick for the picture.
    JazzyGirl and Clubber Lang like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information