Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Princess Beatrice gets Married!

czb

agree that it needed an underskirt to help the silhouette.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    While I love the dress, especially on the Queen, it looks like shit on Bea. You can see where they needed to add length, they matched it to the added sleeves (which suck) but the color contrast is very, very noticeable to my eye and looks terrible imo. Maybe if she wore it with an underskirt it would have looked better on her.
    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    agree that it needed an underskirt to help the silhouette.
    Oh, shush up you two. It's Beatrice. Not a chance on God's green earth she'll ever look this good again. Besides, it's obvious she thinks she looks beautiful, and that's what every woman deserves to feel on her wedding day.
    Novice, effie2, czb and 4 others like this.

I love the dress but it does read differently on Beatrice than it did on Elizabeth and the sleeves are odd and bordering on Disney princess. But she looks genuinely happy in it and like she feels pretty, so it's great. Also love the tiara on her.

I'm mostly jealous of the flowers on the chapel door which I don't see posted here, but they were nice.

eta - posted this before I clicked on page 2...agree with you lindsay - she looks like she feels beautiful and that's usually enough, actually.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I agree that the flowers were done beautifully, especially the flower arch. So much better than that stuffed wall that Cim had. Just goes to show you can't confuse royalty with celebrity!
    effie2, Angeli, Waterslide and 1 others like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

i don't care for flowers really but the arch looks lovely!
    effie2 likes this.

While I love the dress, especially on the Queen, it looks like shit on Bea. You can see where they needed to add length, they matched it to the added sleeves (which suck) but the color contrast is very, very noticeable to my eye and looks terrible imo. Maybe if she wore it with an underskirt it would have looked better on her.
    Totally agree about the added piece not matching. I'm thinking they were limited to what they could do with it since it was "borrowed" from the Queen?
    rollo likes this.
    A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized. Fred Allen

Quote Originally Posted by LurkieLoo View Post
    Totally agree about the added piece not matching. I'm thinking they were limited to what they could do with it since it was "borrowed" from the Queen?
    Why adding those sleeves at all then?
    Granted I know next to nothing about tailoring (if it were a matter of life and death, I could, perhaps, attach a button), but the dress could have been left alone - the addition looks absolutely unnecessary.

That said, it's a beautiful dress and she looks great.
    SHELLEE likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by GRuser1 View Post
    Why adding those sleeves at all then?
    Granted I know next to nothing about tailoring (if it were a matter of life and death, I could, perhaps, attach a button), but the dress could have been left alone - the addition looks absolutely unnecessary.

That said, it's a beautiful dress and she looks great.
    Etiquette wise you should cover your shoulders for a church wedding. At least the Catholic Church, you rarely see a bride completely strapless without something over her shoulders. Im guessing Church of England is similar. Especially within the confines of what the Queen dictates as appropriate for members of the royal family.
    LurkieLoo likes this.

Etiquette wise you should cover your shoulders for a church wedding. At least the Catholic Church, you rarely see a bride completely strapless without something over her shoulders. I’m guessing Church of England is similar. Especially within the confines of what the Queen dictates as appropriate for members of the royal family.
    I would have gone for a silk shawl then, I'd never want to touch a dress like that.
    Penelope likes this.

It is very easy to take the sleeves off anytime,even i could do it with no damage.RF brides should cover arms and shoulders.
    I'mNotBitter, LurkieLoo and rollo like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information