Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Prince William has his royal portrait taken by formerly homeless man

Camilla had already married Andrew Parker Bowles. She got tired of Charles's dithering. She knew that being a Royal bride would be a bore and a chore and would stop her smoking and riding.

Now that she is an old lady, she gets let off royal trips if they are too hot or too difficult so she has an easy life. Just as she did before, really.

Elite Member

As her whitewash applicator spindoctor reputation rehabber Marc Bolland said 'Camilla is the laziest woman in Britain'. Say whatever else you want about the first wife...she worked tirelessly for Queen and Country from day one through 2 pregnancies and straight through being emotionally and sexually abandoned by her husband.

A*O

Diana had a huge amount of natural charm and charisma and genuine empathy for people in need. It's a gift she was born with and she worked very hard putting it to maximum effect. She was also naive, immature, needy, unstable and not very bright which become more apparent as her disastrous marriage began to fall apart almost immediately. They were completely incompatible from the outset and Charles was responsible for that. He had the chance to marry the love of his life many years before and he blew it. This endless prevarication and dithering is a serious character flaw he's always had. As for Camilla being lazy and pampered I suspect that's true too. But throughout their whole relationship she has made it her priority to massage Charles' fragile ego, encourage him, indulge his temper tantrums (and he has a wicked temper) and generally make him feel special. Diana never did that because she was equally flawed. She even saw adultery (and serial adultery with many different men which started way before they legally separated) as an escape just like he did.

However, Diana is dead and if she'd been killed while still married to Charles, even in a sham royal marriage, and he'd then married his long-term mistress Camilla I wonder how she'd have been received by the public. With a lot less hostility I suspect.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    As her whitewash applicator spindoctor reputation rehabber Marc Bolland said 'Camilla is the laziest woman in Britain'.
    nothing wrong with that.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ Plenty wrong with that if your taxes are paying for the laziest woman in Britain to be indulged non-stop. I would say that's a small price to pay for saying "Oh Charles, how wonderful thou art!" every few hours from the comfort of one's getaway cottage where one goes every moment one is not required to soothe the royal ego in person.

A*O

Most of Charles's income comes from the Duchy of Cornwall and since Camilla is the Duchess of Cornwall I gues she's allowed to spend it too? But I do agree that she needs to make a bit more effort on public duties and charity work. I think she's probably using the excuse of "public hostility" to keep such a low profile but I reckon that most people (apart from the Di Hards) have moved on now.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I thought her excuse was that she was resting after various operations * cough * makeovers.

There isn't that much overt hostility. It's mostly passive aggressive. So I guess we can agree that she is just bone idle.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information