Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566 LastLast
Like Tree2715Likes

Thread: Prince rushed to hospital - "medical emergency," update: DEAD, update 2: still dead

That poor dove, I hate seeing caged birds. Hope someone is taking care of it.
    pinkbunnyslippers and holly like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Click on the "I acknowledge...

PROPERTY FROM THE LIFE AND CAREER OF PRINCE - Flip Through Catalog Online

Then click on the Full Screen at the bottom of the page so you can see the full pages. You can click on the PLUS sign at the bottom to zoom in and really see the details.

The costume on Page 30 in the Purple Glitter with matching shoes - omg.

Why are they selling this?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Most of the stuff is signed by Mayte Garcia. Maybe she is cashing in? A lot of that stuff should be kept on display.
    holly likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Prince’s Turks and Caicos Estate Heads to Auction

The late singer’s island refuge was previously on the market for $12 million

BY BECKIE STRUMORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON MAY 07, 2018|MANSION GLOBAL| SAVE ARTICLE
    CELEBRITY HOMES

The home sits on five acres overlooking the water.
    COURTESY OF THE PRINCE ESTATE

Prince’s five-acre Caribbean island estate will hit the auction block in July.

The late musician, who won eight Grammy awards and died suddenly at his home in Minneapolis in 2016, owned a lavish waterfront home at the tip of a peninsula on Providenciales Island in Turks and Caicos. After trying for over a year to sell the property, Prince’s estate will auction off his second home on July 12, according to Premiere Estates Auction Co., which is handling the sale.

The Turks and Caicos property first hit the market for $12 million in May 2016, a month after his death, with Christie’s International Real Estate, but never sold.

The uniqueness of the property and its ownership make it hard to value, the auctioneers said in a statement Monday.

“With a unique property like Prince’s Turks and Caicos estate, we anticipate significant interest and multiple bidders,” said Todd Wohl, founder of Premiere Estates, in the statement.

Prince lived primarily at his Paisley Park Studios compound in his hometown of Minneapolis, but he still left his mark at his second home in Turks and Caicos. He painted the driveway in royal purple, his signature color.

The Mediterranean-style home, with its red tile roof and pale stucco facade, spans 10,000 square feet, with six bedrooms and six bathrooms, according to the auction house.

https://www.mansionglobal.com/articl...ads-to-auction

joebob and I'mNotBitter like this.

C'mon y'all. We can raise some cash and make a bid!
    sprynkles, fgg, Nevan and 2 others like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Bronze Member

It's just so unbearably sad that talented beautiful Prince is gone, and to see his life/belongings being dismantled & sold off. 😢
    lindseyfan, holly, HWBL and 1 others like this.

I'm hoping the proceeds of this stuff is going to a worthy cause.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I wonder if he got to enjoy the beach house. It is so, so different from where he spent most of his life in Paisley Park.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    I'm hoping the proceeds of this stuff is going to a worthy cause.
    That worthy cause is my foundation. It will be used lovingly.

Don't know whether this has been already posted, but when I saw it, I had to think about you here. It's in the garden of artist Christine Stein. It started to flower around Easter.
    “When he passed on, he re-joined the universe. So, the pastel colours on the mural represent a galaxy in the cosmos, and the only star that lives in that galaxy is Prince. His spirit lives on at 432HZ,” Stein explained via Twitter.
    sprynkles, MsDark, Mrs P and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by denny View Post

Don't know whether this has been already posted, but when I saw it, I had to think about you here. It's in the garden of artist Christine Stein. It started to flower around Easter.
    “When he passed on, he re-joined the universe. So, the pastel colours on the mural represent a galaxy in the cosmos, and the only star that lives in that galaxy is Prince. His spirit lives on at 432HZ,” Stein explained via Twitter.
    Love it!
    Edit - I have a similar plant at the moment. So tempted to paint Prince on the garden wall.

And it even looks awesome with a simple green hairdo as well. Prince rocked so many styles, it does him justice. Wonder what bush it is, maybe rhododendron.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Most of the stuff is signed by Mayte Garcia. Maybe she is cashing in? A lot of that stuff should be kept on display.
    I think it was a Canadian show, but I got to see it in the states: Ex-Wives of Rock. Mayte was on it along with Bobby Brown, Athena Lee and a few other interesting gals. Mayte still had her Prince wedding china and her friends were telling her to get rid of that shit.

New Prince music announced on what would have been his 60th birthday

• By CHRISTOPHER WATSON
    • via GMA

Jun 7, 2018, 9:08 AM ET

rtrand Guay/AFP/Getty Images, FILE

WATCH Exhibition devoted to Prince opens in London

Prince would have turned 60 years ago Thursday, and his estate is marking the occasion by giving his fans a gift.

"Piano & a Microphone 1983," due out Sept. 21, is music from Prince from 35 years ago. It was recorded just after the release of "1999" and a year before the release of "Purple Rain," which launched him to super-stardom.

There are nine tracks in all, recorded at Prince's Chanhassen, Minnesota, studios, which later came to be known as Paisley Park.

Songs include pre-release versions of "17 Days," which was the B-side of "When Doves Cry" a year later; "Strange Relationship," from 1987's "Sign o' the Times"; and a performance of what would become Prince's signature hit, "Purple Rain."

Jed Jacobsohn/Getty Images

Musician Prince performs during the 'Pepsi Halftime Show' at Super Bowl XLI between the Indianapolis Colts and the Chicago Bears, Feb. 4, 2007, at Dolphin Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla.more +"Piano & a Microphone 1983" also includes Prince's bluesy take on the Civil War-era spiritual, "Mary Don't You Weep," which will be featured during the end credits of Spike Lee's upcoming film "BlacKkKlansman," which is due out later this summer.

You can pre-order the album now in all the usual formats, including a deluxe CD/vinyl combo that includes a booklet featuring liner notes written by Prince's engineer at the time the album was recorded, as well as candid photos and some never-before-seen images.

Pre-order now and you'll also score an instant download of "Mary Don't You Weep."

Prince died of an accidental fentanyl overdose in his Paisley Park estate in 2016 at the age of 57.
    Here's the "Piano & a Microphone 1983" track list:

• 1) "17 Days"
    • 2) "Purple Rain"
    • 3) "A Case of You"
    • 4) "Mary Don’t You Weep"
    • 5) "Strange Relationship"
    • 6) "International Lover"
    • 7) "Wednesday"
    • 8) "Cold Coffee & Cocaine"
    • 9) "Why the Butterflies"

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/prince-music-announced-60th-birthday/story?id=55717689

Thread Information