Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 LastLast
Like Tree2719Likes

Thread: Prince rushed to hospital - "medical emergency," update: DEAD, update 2: still dead

Damn.

Prince had high concentration of fentanyl when he died - NY Daily News

Prince had 'exceedingly high' concentration of fentanyl in system at time of death

Prince was 57 when he died at his Paisley Park estate on April 21, 2016

A toxicology report from Prince's autopsy, obtained Monday by The Associated Press, shows he had what multiple experts called an "exceedingly high" concentration of fentanyl in his body when he died.
    Prince was 57 when he was found alone and unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park estate on April 21, 2016. Public data released six weeks after his death showed he died of an accidental overdose of fentanyl, a synthetic opioid 50 times more powerful than heroin.
    A confidential toxicology report obtained by the AP provides some insight into just how much fentanyl was in his system. Experts who are not connected to the Prince investigation said the numbers leave no doubt that fentanyl killed him.
    "The amount in his blood is exceedingly high, even for somebody who is a chronic pain patient on fentanyl patches," said Dr. Lewis Nelson, chairman of emergency medicine at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. He called the fentanyl concentrations "a pretty clear smoking gun."
    The report says the concentration of fentanyl in Prince's blood was 67.8 micrograms per liter. The report explains that fatalities have been documented in people with blood levels ranging from three to 58 micrograms per liter.
    The report also says the level of fentanyl in Prince's liver was 450 micrograms per kilogram, and notes that liver concentrations greater than 69 micrograms per kilogram "seem to represent overdose or fatal toxicity cases."
    Remembering the life of pop music legend Prince

There was also what experts called a potentially lethal amount of fentanyl in Prince's stomach. Dr. Charles McKay, president of the American College of Medical Toxicology, said generally speaking, the findings suggest Prince took the drug orally, while fentanyl in the blood and liver suggest it had some time to circulate before he died.
    Experts say there is no "lethal level" at which fentanyl can kill. A person who takes prescription opioids for a long time builds up a tolerance, and a dose that could kill one person might help another.
    Search warrants released about a year after Prince's death showed authorities found numerous pills in various containers around his home. A lab report obtained by the AP shows many of the pills tested positive for fentanyl and other drugs. Information that has been released publicly indicates the source of those drugs hasn't been determined.
    Last week, the lead prosecutor in the county where Prince died said in a statement that he was reviewing law enforcement reports and would make a decision on whether to charge anyone "in the near future."

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Him and Tom Petty. Still breaks my damn heart.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I can’t beleive in less than a month we are coming up on the 2nd anniversary of his death.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

^^Me neither.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Purple Rain has been playing on a loop on one of the more obscure cable channels I have. God, he's so fucking sexy in that. I miss him.
    Sunnygirl likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Elite Member

Geez, there was so much of that drug in his system, and he was a little guy. RIP. Two years already -- that's crazy. I remember visiting Paisley Park soon after he passed. It was an amazing shrine to him. Now that it's an attraction, they've gotten rid of all the tributes. Too bad, because it was something to see.

This one still punches me in the gut.
    Lofty Bike, Nevan, holly and 1 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

When my daughter was given fentanyl in the hospital after an operation she said it did nothing for her....Still in pain, no effect. She had the cheek to say "Prince was over reacting". It was kinda funny at the time. Poor beautiful Prince.....
    Sunnygirl likes this.
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    When my daughter was given fentanyl in the hospital after an operation she said it did nothing for her....Still in pain, no effect. She had the cheek to say "Prince was over reacting". It was kinda funny at the time. Poor beautiful Prince.....
    When I was in labor I think the nurse put fentanyl in my IV when I was screaming in pain. She told me that they just gave me a shot for pain and I remember telling the nurse - are you sure? I think it was saline because I felt nothing.

I had had no idea these reports took 2 years to complete. They must have really ran extensive tests on him. If anyone wants to to see a great piece on how the Opiod crisis literally started goggle John Oliver’s piece on Opiates. It’s on YouTube and it’s eye opening.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

I'm telling you, there's so much misinformation out there about fentanyl it makes me mental. I have no doubt that whatever Prince took was way stronger than what he thought.

And if he had been able to have his pain properly managed by an actual MD (even if he had become dependent upon larger doses) he wouldn't have had to resort to playing "doctor" to himself and risking something like this happening.
    Waterslide, Nevan, holly and 2 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

What's some of the biggest pieces of misinformation? It seems like he had an obscene amount of fentanyl in his system.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Yeah that's a huge amount, sounds like he deliberately overdosed to me.

I refuse to believe that. Sometimes when people are on drugs they forget what they have taken or even how much. I find that more plausible than Prince was trying to off himself.
    crayzeehappee and Mrs P like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

There was some suspicion among some fans when he died that he may not have even known what exactly he was taking, because fentanyl was found in bottles marked something else. Since it wasn't prescribed for him, and he was so tiny, it would be easy to OD, especially if he was in so much pain he lost track of what he already took.

The handful of people I know with chronic pain, regularly go to pain management docs/clinics for med adjustments. I guess in Prince's case being rich and able to bypass all of that did not help him at all.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Thread Information