Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Like Tree2719Likes

Thread: Prince rushed to hospital - "medical emergency," update: DEAD, update 2: still dead

^ Also the opposite happens. I can tolerate a, b, c and d and nothing happens. So I have to take u, v, w, x, y, z as well.
    Kittylady likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Oh, so that's why when you go to the ER and they give you an elephant dose of dilaudid you're up and posting on Facebook?

People are so full of shit.
    In fairness, they're allergic to morphine, toradol, codeine, and ultram.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    I'm sorry that some people abuse fentanyl, but that doesn't mean it should be demonized as evil & nasty. Unfortunately, there are people that get it illegally, & even those that don't need to be careful with it. It has a legitimate place in managing chronic pain. It's a strong medication that needs to be closely monitored.

^This. My cousin has severe spinal stenosis and is only able to work and function because of her fentanyl patch. I don't know her dosage, but it enables her to live her life and avoid the numerous semi-effective back surgeries her father endured to deal with the same condition.
    holly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    In fairness, they're allergic to morphine, toradol, codeine, and ultram.
    Occasionally. But I'm talking about regular folk here who go to the doctor for yearly physicals (or sometimes not) or when something happens. Not people with chronic conditions. People who claim they *Never take anything*.

People who know exactly what they are allergic to (and have a list) live in a different world.
    holly likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'll take Ultram over OxyContin or Fentaynl any day of the week. I was put on oxycontin for about 2 months. That was two months too long. It did what it was supposed to do BUT the side effects fucked with me big time. I had to take I think it was one pill 30mg every 12 hours. Well that was a pretty long timer for me and i'd forget to take the next dose. I would be wanting to jump out of my own skin, insomnia like no other and I didn't put two and two together for like a week, not realizing that I was going through withdrawls from not taking my next dose. I told my Pain Management Doc, no fucking thank you. That is some bad shit. Morphine fucks with me too. I have Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction. It's a duct connected to the pancreas, and if I forget to tell the hospital ER docs not to give it to me and they do, HOLY SHIT, it causes that sphincter to spasm something awful. Some of that shit is just evil.

Yeah what works for one person fucks another one up beyond all get out with the side effects. But at least for people taking them under the care of a doctor, this is dealt with.

Can you see why it's so scary when people are left to their own devices (for whatever reasons) and end up trying to manage themselves?
    Honeythorn, czb and holly like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Oh, so that's why when you go to the ER and they give you an elephant dose of dilaudid you're up and posting on Facebook?

People are so full of shit.
    Like that certain PITA that I mostly avoid now who has managed to get strong pain relief patches for supposedly severe migraine attacks who can still play games and whine about being ill on FaceBook while using them?

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^Also the opposite happens. I can tolerate a, b, c and d and nothing happens. So I have to take u, v, w, x, y, z as well.
    Some of the pharmaceutical one-upmanship that goes on is ridiculous. I know that I do actually have a higher tolerance to pain medication and its in my medical notes, but some of the shit that other people claim to throw down like candy without any effect would put me on my back, so in their eyes they are stronger than me because they need to take the kind of dose that would knock out a cow. Pain is not a contest!*

*Unless you are LeAnn Rimes.
    rollo, Angeli and sparkles like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    I remember the absolute kanipshin my mother had the first time she found my sister and I listening to this song. Think I was probably 12. Oh, Prince. You worried my mother so. Rightly so. Thanks for that.

OoohEEEEE Jza Jza Goo Goo yeaaaaaahhh....
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

i have taken probably every pain killer for my spine in the world. Nothing really works because my tolerance is so high
    they sent me to a pain management doc who prescribed me morphine sulfate, then oxycontin. i tried them once, and just stopped.
    the pain doc was a pusher big time. i did not feel comfortable with him, so i stopped seeing him.
    I get percocets now, but because i get disability, i have to refill them.if i don't then Disability thinks i'm cured.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i have taken probably every pain killer for my spine in the world. Nothing really works because my tolerance is so high
    they sent me to a pain management doc who prescribed me morphine sulfate, then oxycontin. i tried them once, and just stopped.
    the pain doc was a pusher big time. i did not feel comfortable with him, so i stopped seeing him.
    I get percocets now, but because i get disability, i have to refill them.if i don't then Disability thinks i'm cured.
    that sucks!

I have a prescription for Percocet too, but I only take a half or maybe a full one once a week on the average. But when my back was really bad, I was taking them several times a week. I also have a Butrans pain patch that I'll use if I find I'm using my Percocet more often than usual. The patch stays on for a week. Fortunately for me, I work with my pain management doctor, so I see him 3-4 times a week & can talk to him/ask questions as soon as I'm having a problem.
    I hurt my back in 2009 & tried everything under the sun, Western medicine, Eastern medicine, alternative medicine, etc...before I finally threw my hands up in defeat at the end of 2014 & had spinal fusion at L5/S1. It helped that particular issue, but now I have the same problem but at the level above the fusion instead (typical of fusion surgery, which I knew, which was why I tried to avoid it). And also my hardware is causing irritation in the muscles around it. (ugh!) Before I worked with pain management doctors, I used to work in diagnostic x-ray at a hospital where we had 4 neurosurgeons, & I'd see so many patients who had back surgery & it didn't help, & a lot of times one surgery led to another, etc, so I knew I really didn't want to go that route if at all possible, which is why I tried everything I could first. And these surgeons were very reputable; it's just the nature of back surgery, unfortunately, which is why I tried to avoid it. But I was finally at the point where I was so miserable & desperate, & nothing was working that I finally had surgery as a last resort.

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    Do you have to do the periodic urine drug screens too? I know I've mentioned before, where I work patients are made to sign a pain contract and one of the stipulations is they agree to random drug screens and are expected to test positive for opiates, because that proves they are taking their meds...

All these painkillers sound so exotic to me, do we even get them over here? The most I've ever been offered is codeine and a spoonful of liquid morphine in hospital - made me sick as a dog!
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    All these painkillers sound so exotic to me, do we even get them over here? The most I've ever been offered is codeine and a spoonful of liquid morphine in hospital - made me sick as a dog!
    We do. Some come under different names here.

Thread Information