Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged

He’s obviously very happy with her and I don’t really see why he would have been pushed to marry, so I think this is genuine. Whether it makes it last, I guess we’ll see.

I like her engagement much better than Diana’s. I get the emotional attachment Will had to it and wanted a future English Queen to wear it, but it’s such a dated ring.
    arie_skop and Beeyotch like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

My engagement ring is similar to Kate’s so I am biased...
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I can't believe this is how I'm finding out you are engaged. Congrats my love!
    dowcat, HWBL, czb and 6 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

No shit! Congrats Levitt!
    levitt likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    She's 36? I had assumed she was much younger.
    It's weird to think that 36 is the age Diana died .

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I can sense the deep hatred/rivalry between these SILs already. Grab the popcorn. Game on.

On the plus side, it may force lazy Kate to DO something for a change.
    Haha, this is exactly what I thought! Meghan actually does humanitarian work and likes it (beyond going to Wimbledon), nobody will need to force her to do this and she can't be labelled lazy. I think this is a great match and they look happy together.

In all fairness, these pics are carefully chosen of a whack of them to maybe make her look more preening than the rest. She's comfortable with press, she isn't going to nervously clutch her crotch the way Kate does, and of course she'll be infinitely more stylish. I read she was quite comfortable at this photo op and Harry seemed nervous. Can't wait for the wedding!
    arie_skop and Mrs P like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    If there's gonna be any kids she better get cracking.

I can't help wondering what Queen Liz and Phil really think.

I hope Harry does what he wants anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post
    Quite progressive of them to accept her. Older than him, divorced, actress, commoner.
    Bi-racial....... that's a big deal in the UK, the US well, many places, really, even in 2017.

Ethnicity. I'm going ahead and mentioning this now. It's as if all of a sudden this doesn't exist.

Let's just say I thought if this happened it would not be until the grandparents croaked.
    Exactly. It's the huge BLACK elephant in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I actually just read about this through Facebook's "trending" post. Reading some of the comments were incredibly disturbing. Where I live, I never hear of racism, nor do I know any racists (and if they are, they don't say anything), but the vile comments about Meghan Markle being bi-racial were enough to churn my stomach.

I'm not living in a bubble here, I know racism exists, but Jesus Christ.

Prince Harrry is one of my big time crushes (Oh, the things I'd do to him) and I deserve him more than she does, but I think he and Markle are adorable together. I'm happy for them.
    Source:Huffington Post

Prince Harry Calls Out Racist And Sexist Treatment Of Girlfriend Meghan Markle

11/08/2016 11:27 EST
    CLIP AT THE LINK
    X

In a statement released today, Kensington Palace confirmed the relationship between Prince Harry and actress Meghan Markle. However, in doing so, the palace also pointed out the recent "wave of abuse" against the prince's new girlfriend.

According to an official statement released by the prince's secretary on Tuesday, the palace said the treatment of the 35-year-old American this past week had crossed the line.

"Some of this has been very public — the smear on the front page of a national newspaper; the racial undertones of comment pieces; and the outright sexism and racism of social media trolls and web article comments," the statement reads, regarding the treatment of Markle.

-Advertisement-

"Some of it has been hidden from the public — the nightly legal battles to keep defamatory stories out of papers; her mother having to struggle past photographers in order to get to her front door; the attempts of reporters and photographers to gain illegal entry to her home and the calls to police that followed; the substantial bribes offered by papers to her ex-boyfriend; the bombardment of nearly every friend, co-worker, and loved one in her life."

News of the rumoured relationship between the Toronto-based "Suits" actress and the 32-year-old prince first became public in late October.

The Sunday Express reported the two met during the launch of the countdown for the 2017 Invictus Games in Toronto in May.

The statement continued:
    "Prince Harry is worried about Ms. Markle’s safety and is deeply disappointed that he has not been able to protect her."

Social media users were quick to point out the prince's (rare) stance on race and sexism, and how media coverage of Markle has had racist and sexist undertones in the past week.

Arlene Dixon‏ @vivarlene Never had much interest in royalty. But big up Prince harry for standing up for his mixed race girlfriend.

Charlene White @CharleneWhiteSome of the racist undertones used by so-called "respected" paper columnists have been disgraceful re: Harry and Meghan. Grow up.

Charlene White @CharleneWhite I may or may not be eye-balling Rachel Johnson for this little gem. "Thicken their blood with some rich and exotic DNA". EXOTIC. Kmt. pic.twitter.com/SEmCW9cVXF

anita rani@itsanitarani So much respect #PrinceHarry the coolest royal gets better and better. Calling out the press for racism.

Since the news of their relationship was made public, some publications were quick to comment on Markle's half-black half-white identity.

Papers like the Daily Mail wrote how her "great-great-great grandfather was a slave," how Markle had "exotic DNA" and described the actress' black mother having "dreadlocks and a nose stud."

Several other headlines described Markle simply has "Harry's girlfriend," while the U.K.'s Sun ran a headline stating, "fancy a quick puck," (commenting on the star's "close friendship" with Canadian hockey player Michael Del Zotto).

However, some Twitter users also brought up Prince Harry's racist controversies in the past.

�� Ferrari Sheppard‏@stopbeingfamous Prince Harry publicly defended his biracial girlfriend from racist attacks. I was like "great", then I remembered him in that Nazi costume.

Marek Mika‏ @MarekmikaMarek 7#PrinceHarry 7years ago called a platoon member a Paki . Dressed up as a nazi for fun now is the voice condemning racism. Poor rich boy

I mean... shouldn't he anyway? Shouldn't he regardless of the fact that he just so happens to be dating a black woman?

Anyways...��

— Jonathan Warner ���� (@JonathanRomelle) November 8, 2016
    Markle has yet to comment on her relationship with the prince.

Well, I was thinking of racist ass Phillip particularly. The Queen to a lesser extent. They're obvs on board. If not, fuck em.

Whoa. Fuck me. It's a wonder the grands didn't stroke out over that one!
    I hope Philip makes it until the wedding next year and then is confronted by the bride's mom, that could be "fun". How old is he? 96?
    dowcat, NickiDrea and Mrs P like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

A*O

Hazza's MIL will cause a lot of pearl clutching at the palace LOL
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I bet Kate is quietly pleased with how unflattering that coat in todays pics is. And shouldn't she be wearing nude hose? I thought they "had to".
    Mrs P likes this.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

A*O

Yes, bare legs are frowned upon. So are a million other things. God, she has NO idea what she's getting into.
    arie_skop likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I can't wait from her family from south LA going to buckingham palace. THATS a shit show you won't be able to turn off.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by emkat View Post
    I bet Kate is quietly pleased with how unflattering that coat in todays pics is. And shouldn't she be wearing nude hose? I thought they "had to".
    I think Kate is more pleased with the fact that American tabloids won't impregnate her at Jennifer Aniston speed anymore . That's now Meghan's role, she's American and more relatable to their readers
    arie_skop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowFilla View Post
    Haha, this is exactly what I thought! Meghan actually does humanitarian work and likes it (beyond going to Wimbledon), nobody will need to force her to do this and she can't be labelled lazy. I think this is a great match and they look happy together.

In all fairness, these pics are carefully chosen of a whack of them to maybe make her look more preening than the rest. She's comfortable with press, she isn't going to nervously clutch her crotch the way Kate does, and of course she'll be infinitely more stylish. I read she was quite comfortable at this photo op and Harry seemed nervous. Can't wait for the wedding!
    This! From what Ive seen Meghan has some done some humanitarian work and enjoys it, plus speaks well. Whereas, I dont know what Kate does besides attend Wimbledon and meet tennis players. Also, attend some fancy dinner events.

Growing up, I always remember seeing Diana doing a lot of humanitarian work and working with charities.

Elite Member

I have a bit of an irrational hatred of her name -- I think it's the alliteration. I know that's a weird thing to comment on, but it's been bugging me all day. I'm weird like that.

What I really want is for someone to put a camera on Chelsy Davy. She looks like she'd be the kind to have a drink or 12 and show her ass about the whole thing.

I figured she and Harry would go back and forth until they finally married and divorced in spectacular fashion, anyway.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information