Page 46 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Like Tree3449Likes

Thread: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged or married or something

i love a good spectacle but not enough to get up that early. but will definitely watch when i do get up, it's the perfect saturday morning activity while i have my coffee.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'll probably be watching most of it and definitely reading the comments on here!
    rollo likes this.

Are they going to broadcast the ceremony? OR just the in to the church and when they come out?

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Are they going to broadcast the ceremony? OR just the in to the church and when they come out?
    Yes they are broadcasting the whole thing

As I'm in Europe, I don't know about the time difference to the US, but I will come to the board and see who's there. I do love me some snark.
    I'll mostly watch it in the background, doing some chores maybe, sipping my morning coffee, petting my cats on the sofa... :-)
    needmeds and Mrs P like this.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    Meghan has released a statement, confirming her dad will not attend the wedding

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5739473/Meghans-father-reveals-stay-hospital-days-heart-surgery.html#comments
    People are making a big deal that she said she cares for her father but not actually anything stronger. He's caused her a lot of embarrassment and I'm sure she could do without the stress (although it's only just beginning.) Some of her family are supposedly in the UK, commentating on the wedding or just making mischief. The mother is in the UK two days before the wedding, barely time to get over her jetlag and go through a rehearsal if she is walking Meghan up the aisle. Oh well, Meghan is nearly 40. She doesn't actually need their 'help' which is probably just as well.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Going to watch it with my parents like I did Kate & Willís.
    KrisNine, Mrs P and fgg like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    People are making a big deal that she said she cares for her father but not actually anything stronger. He's caused her a lot of embarrassment and I'm sure she could do without the stress (although it's only just beginning.) Some of her family are supposedly in the UK, commentating on the wedding or just making mischief. The mother is in the UK two days before the wedding, barely time to get over her jetlag and go through a rehearsal if she is walking Meghan up the aisle. Oh well, Meghan is nearly 40. She doesn't actually need their 'help' which is probably just as well.
    i'm seeing 2 different interpretations of the statement. on the one hand are people saying that it's a rebuke to the nightmare half-sister's claim that she doesn't give a shit about t heir father. on the other are people who are interpreting as meghan being honest that she's really not that close to her father. i tend to lean toward the second interpretation. i remember reading somewhere that she hadn't seen her father in 2 years and they were pretty much estranged, and harry had met her mother but not her father. and judging from the behaviour of all the other relatives on her father's side maybe she was just done with that whole side of the family and had minimal contact with her father and he was only walking her down the aisle because the press would have made a bigger deal out of it if he hadn't because for some reason people always side with the 'shunned' family and never stop to think that people don't become estranged from an entire side of their family lightly and if they do it's because they probably have very good reasons.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Gold Member

The behavior of her siblings should have clued people in on why she wouldn't want her father's side of the family there.
    sputnik, Kittylady, czb and 7 others like this.

Yes, she probably knew all along that her Dad wouldn't be able to cope and would be unprepared at the very least. Maybe that's why she said she had no family to speak of and the whole thing kicked off. But in reality, she's done it on her own.
    sputnik and HWBL like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Silver Member

If I were MM, I wouldn't have that prize cow sister anywhere near me ever again. Does anyone here this she would have behaved properly had she been invited. And now she's writing a book. Good luck with that Samantha.
    C_is_for_Cookie and HWBL like this.

Weeeel,sister is resting at a hospital after a car crash..she is lucky there are no ponts d alma where she lives..
    CornFlakegrl and greysfang like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

The sister apparently is lying about the car accident.

No evidence of Meghan Markle's sister 'car crash with paparazzi' | Daily Mail Online
    lindsaywhit and HWBL like this.

A*O

Konichiwa from Japan!
    All I can say/repeat is that it's all panning out exactly as I predicted and there will be plenty more dramas from this trashy family. Megan looks positively haggard; too much starvation and stress no doubt.
    If you believe in omens this marriage is already doomed IMO.
    They should have eloped.

As for the divorce/widower thing, when a husband's wife dies he becomes a widower. Simples. Chas, as a widower, could have remarried in church but Camilla was a divorcee so the future head of the Church of England (Chas) married her in a civil ceremony which HMQ refused to attend. Then the blessing in church which she did attend but very reluctantly. If you see any footage of the family n the church steps (Camille did look fab) the Queen's body language is very revealing.
    effie2 likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    I saw the story about the 'crash' earlier and didn't even bother to read it because I figured then that it was total bullshit and another money grab. Thinking about it though, it's especially vile to claim that it happened due to aggressive paps considering how Harry and William's mother died.
    Icepik, lindsaywhit, deenz and 7 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Thread Information