Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 166
Like Tree452Likes

Thread: Prince Andrew is a lying git: the BBC interview

  1. #91
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Be careful what you ask for. My son had one and we just found out that one of my husbands or my grandmothers must have had a child out of wedlock.


    I bet this was more common than people think. The woman was sent away or hidden from sight until the baby was born and then the child was put up for adoption or passed to another family member. With the advent of DNA testing, people are discovering relatives that they never knew they had.
    twitchy2.0, Brookie, fgg and 1 others like this.

  2. #92
    Elite Member Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Now Liz can have Annus Horribilis II. Sequels are always worse than the original.
    Yeah. Charles’ and Diana’s divorce and Charles saying he wished he was Camilla’s tampon was nothing compared to Andrew being a perv.

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Was he bleeding after that? Because...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I don't remember, but this was at a bike rally and he left the next morning after waking to find that lots of people had used the sides of his tent as a public urinal during the night. I didn't see this part but apparently there was much shouting as the rally stewards made him pack it up and take it with him instead of abandoning it.
    Good! Sorry POS.
    Brookie likes this.

  3. #93
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    30,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Be careful what you ask for. My son had one and we just found out that one of my husbands or my grandmothers must have had a child out of wedlock.
    I know all about this. My mother and I took one and I found a first cousin who's the son of my mother's oldest (lifelong bachelor) brother. But everything turned out good. His son had been searching for him for years, had given up after his mother died, then found me after his own son had bought the two of them kits for Father's Day and my mother and I popped up as relatives.

    So my cousin finally got to meet his dad. My uncle got to meet his son and three grandsons. He's old, alone and on his last legs so this turned out to be a good thing.
    NickiDrea, fgg, Nevan and 6 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  4. #94
    Elite Member ShimmeringGlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,955

    Default

    Royal briefings are making it clear disgraced royal Prince Andrew was fired—and the termination is permanent, as he prepares to speak to investigators about his ties to dead pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1197494910141829120

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/prince...a=twitter_page
    Brookie, Sarzy and DawnM74 like this.

  5. #95
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    55,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Now I want a 23andme kit sent for Christmas.

    Ancestry.com kits are on sale for $60 right now. I just bought some as Christmas gifts for my boys.
    Brookie, Novice, MsDark and 1 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  6. #96
    fgg
    fgg is offline
    Elite Member fgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    33,320

    Default

    ^from what i've heard, the 23 and me are better because they give you an indication of potential health problems which ancestry doesn't. if i had known that originally, i would have made a different purchase.
    MsDark and crayzeehappee like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

  7. #97
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    45,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    I know all about this. My mother and I took one and I found a first cousin who's the son of my mother's oldest (lifelong bachelor) brother. But everything turned out good. His son had been searching for him for years, had given up after his mother died, then found me after his own son had bought the two of them kits for Father's Day and my mother and I popped up as relatives.

    So my cousin finally got to meet his dad. My uncle got to meet his son and three grandsons. He's old, alone and on his last legs so this turned out to be a good thing.
    I’d like to do one so that I could find my cousin....

  8. #98
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    55,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    ^from what i've heard, the 23 and me are better because they give you an indication of potential health problems which ancestry doesn't. if i had known that originally, i would have made a different purchase.

    I already have that information. When Zack was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, we all entered a genetic study, so we know what our risks are and they are all autoimmune disease, which Zack and I both have and my oldest is a carrier. Other than that we have no specific genetic health risks.
    fgg and Waterslide like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  9. #99
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    20,678

    Default

    Am I one of a minority who really wouldn't want to do one of these tests?
    twitchy2.0, sputnik, czb and 13 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  10. #100
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    58,859

    Default

    I'm with you. There's not been proper regulations made regarding all kinds of data.

    “Genetic data can be used for a wide range of secondary purposes, and we might not be able to anticipate all of the ways that this might be used in the future,” said the New Zealand-based researcher.
    She said the popularity of consumer genetic services could lead to further privacy issues - for instance, drug or insurance companies could use this data to target consumers.

    “From my fingerprints you wouldn’t know that I’m Jewish. From my DNA, you can learn that I have Jewish heritage,” Erlich said in an interview.
    “And of course, in the past, people were killed and murdered because of that,” he said.

    it is not far-fetched to think that any government agency could use this information to target certain groups or foreigners, he said.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN1OC03T
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  11. #101
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    56,242

    Default

    Yeah, as curious as I am there’s no way I’m giving these companies my genetic info without bulletproof privacy guarantees which currently don’t exist.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  12. #102
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    58,859

    Default

    Prince Andrew's honourary role with his old Canadian private school is ending. When? 'Now'

    Prince Andrew’s ties to Lakefield, where, according to People he earned the nickname 'Randy Andy,' were controversial even before the Epstein allegations came to light


    Prince Andrew wearing his Lakefield school T-shirt, tries his skis while practising with the Lakefield College ski team at Cedar Mountain, near Lakefield, Ont. in this Jan. 21 1977 photo.Canadian Press


    Richard Warnica


    November 21, 2019
    6:02 PM EST


    An exclusive Ontario private school is cutting ties with Prince Andrew — sort of — in the wake of a disastrous BBC interview on his relationship with sexual predator Jeffery Epstein.

    Meanwhile, the SickKids Foundation, one of Toronto’s most prestigious charities, announced Thursday that the prince would no longer serve as its honorary patron.

    The Queen’s increasingly disgraced younger son attended Lakefield College School, near Peterborough, for six months in 1977. He has been deeply involved in the institution in the decades since, serving as a trustee since at least 2008 and, since 2013, as the honourary chair of the school’s foundation board.

    On Thursday, Anne-Marie Kee, Lakefield’s head of school, said that at least part of that relationship would be ending.

    “Prince Andrew has been a long-time champion of Lakefield College School,” she wrote. “His term as Honorary Chair of the LCS Foundation is expiring. The school’s proactive governance process has activated an already established succession plan. We thank him for his support.”

    When asked to clarify when the prince’s term would end, she replied, “now.”

    Kee would not say whether the decision to remove Prince Andrew as honourary chair was related to the Epstein scandal. She did not initially respond when asked whether the prince, whose formal title is His Royal Highness, Duke of York, would remain a Lakefield trustee or the patron of the Friends of Lakefield College School, a related charity.

    As of Thursday morning, all three titles — chair, trustee and patron — remained on the prince’s official website. However, sometime between late Wednesday afternoon and early Thursday morning, after the National Post enquired about his relationship to the school, Prince Andrew’s photograph and biography were stripped from the Lakefield Foundation website.

    In a followup email after the story was published online, Kee objected to the notion that she had refused to answer any questions. She did not address the Epstein point specifically, but did say that this marked the end of the prince’s “natural term” as chair.
    When asked if it is customary for board terms to expire in the middle of November, Kee replied:

    “The Duke took over officially for the 2013/14 school year in the fall. This is not an atypical term for an honorary chair. As previously stated we have identified our new incoming chair, and are in the process of installing him per governance procedures.”

    On the question of Prince Andrew’s continued involvement with the school, Kee wrote: “This is a moot point as the Duke has stepped down from public service.” As to a run named in his honour, she replied: “The best interests of our students are at the core of all of our decision-making. All of these matters are under review.”

    Prince Andrew’s ties to Lakefield, where, according to People, he earned the nickname “Randy Andy,” were controversial even before the Epstein allegations came to light. In 2017, Maclean’s published an investigation that revealed the prince’s close relationship at the school to Keith Gleed, an Anglican priest and Lakefield chaplain.

    The prince invited Gleed to his 21st birthday party in England and to his wedding to Sarah Ferguson in 1986. In 2001, he visited the dying priest in hospital and, in 2008, he donated a hand-carved baptismal font to Lakefield in Gleed’s honour.

    According to the Maclean’s story, by Michael Friscolanti, the publicity around that gift prompted at least one former Lakefield student to come forward alleging Gleed had sexually assaulted him while at the school. At least five former students later made similar allegations.
    “Lakefield’s own independent investigators concluded in 2015 that the disgraced chaplain violated ‘the trust and authority’ of his position and ‘afflicted harm on innocent students by engaging in sexual misconduct,’” Friscolanti wrote.

    A spokesman for the royal family did not reply to an email Wednesday about Prince Andrew’s relationship to Gleed.

    Also on Wednesday, the prince announced in a statement that he was stepping back from public duties, days after his baffling interview with the BBC.

    “It has become clear to me over the last few days that the circumstances relating to my former association with Jeffrey Epstein has become a major disruption to my family’s work and the valuable work going on in the many organisations and charities that I am proud to support,” the statement said.

    “Therefore, I have asked Her Majesty if I may step back from public duties for the foreseeable future, and she has given her permission.”

    Virginia Giuffre, one of Eptein’s alleged victims, says she was forced by the now-dead financier and predator to have sex with the much older prince three times, beginning when she was 17. The royal family has always denied those allegations. In his BBC interview, the prince himself denied ever meeting Giuffre. He claimed her vivid recollection of dancing with the sweaty royal could not have happened because he was, thanks to a war fright, incapable of sweating.
    Bronwen Dickey@BronwenDickey


    Prince Andrew saying that Virginia Roberts’ story of dancing with him in a London nightclub can’t be true because he lost the ability to sweat after “being shot at in the Falklands war” is...quite something: https://youtu.be/QtBS8COhhhM
    YouTube ‎@YouTube



    8:55 AM - Nov 17, 2019



    The prince, the third child of Queen Elizabeth II, has long been enamoured of Canada. He took his then wife on a canoe trip in the Northwest Territories to celebrate their first wedding anniversary in 1987. In 1991, a British tabloid published a photo of the prince swimming naked in a Canadian river with a group of former Lakefield classmates.

    Until this week, Prince Andrew had been the patron of several Canadian charities, including the SickKids Foundation and the Canadian Canoe Museum. On Thursday, however, SickKids—the fundraising arm of Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children—announced that that relationship was over.

    “As you will have seen, His Royal Highness issued a statement Wednesday declaring he is stepping down from all public duties. We believe this was important and appropriate for him to do. With that announcement, His Royal Highness is no longer in the role of Royal Patron to SickKids,” Sandra Chiovitti, the foundation’s chief director of public relations wrote in an email. “Prior to the announcement, the matter was to be discussed at a board meeting on Monday where we would seek our board’s counsel. Now it will be addressed to ensure our board is aware of what has transpired.”

    A spokesman for the canoe museum said Wednesday that the organization’s board of directors “is closely monitoring the situation surrounding the Duke and will make decisions in keeping with the values of our organization.” Prince Andrew is a noted canoe enthusiast.

    Also on Wednesday, the Rideau Hall Foundation, announced that it would not renew its partnership Pitch@Palace, the prince’s innovation charity.
    https://nationalpost.com/news/prince...iring-when-now
    this one is particularly amusing for me


    DawnM74 likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  13. #103
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    56,242

    Default

    I’m watching the Crown and it’s making me feel bad for old liz. This must be pretty devastating for her and i wouldn’t be surprised if it were the start of her decline. That’s a huge blow at 93.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  14. #104
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    30,429

    Default

    I agree sput.

    As for the 23andme info, I'm not worried in the least. Mom and I did both ancestry and health. And I even participate in study. They send me emails whenever new genetic tests available because I've ok'd them to test me for it.

    For ancestry purposes I would love to have my other DNA contributor (i.e. dad) do this, but he absolutely refuses. I'm convinced because he doesn't want to know if he's got an unknown child running around out there. It's not like they can contact you without permission even IF you happen to find your DNA relative because they have also happened to take the same test/join the same database. I'm thinking about sending kits of each my brothers and maybe one of them will do it. They have the Y chromosome so in theory I could get paternal lineage though one of them if they're interested enough to do this for their own reasons.

    My health traits/genetic variants match my mom's so closely it probably isn't even an issue from a health standpoint. I know that cardiovascular issues have been on my dad's side of the family for a few generations now, some of which I suspect is exacerbated by certain lifestyle choices. My dad is the oldest male on his side of the family now and has outlived his other male relatives on his father's side by 10+ years (Meaning they all died when 10 or more years younger than he is now, including his own dad). But he's way more health conscious than anyone else in his family exactly because of this and it's definitely paid off.

    Ethnicity breakdown, mine is not much different than mom's.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  15. #105
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    21,892

    Default

    Regarding the DNA tests, I've done the the 23andme and the Ancestry. I gave a lot of thought to handing my DNA over to these companies and long story short, curiosity won out. However, I didn't go for the health studies because honestly, I would worry too much and I don't have kids. And presently, unlike when I got the tests, I wouldn't have money to prevent or treat much of anything serious. But...fgg, ancestry now has some kind of health screening option, but I don't know how accurate it is.

    They're both interesting but I've had a lot of updates on the ancestry one. At first it said I was mostly Swedish which is odd because there is nary a Swede in my family tree. Then it said I was mostly French, which makes sense, but just the other day, it now says I'm mostly English/Welsh/Scot. The Scandinavian DNA went away, but now it's back. I feel like I have a better idea of what I am without the DNA tests confusing things and I get that it's only detecting the DNA that's turned on, but...meh. That said, I do find it really interesting.
    weathered1 likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: January 7th, 2015, 11:04 AM
  2. George Clooney and Prince Andrew have so much in common!!!
    By twitchy2.0 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 14th, 2014, 01:23 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 4th, 2013, 07:44 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: June 13th, 2007, 12:19 AM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: April 30th, 2007, 04:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •