Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Prince Andrew is a lying git: the BBC interview

that's not a big deal though. that's basically her private income from the duchy of lancaster, same as the money charles gets from the duchy of cornwall and that he can do with as he pleases, and pays some of it out to both his sons regardless of whether they work or not. that's not the money they received from british taxpayers that's supposed to be their working royal salary and pay for their offices.

it does make it all the more evident how blinded she is by favouritism for her creepy son, especially compared to the treatment she reserved for her grandson and his wife, and while it kind of kills any sympathy i had for her, it's her money to do with as she sees fit.
    mostroop, czb, faithanne and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Well, at least they left off the HRH. This time. Without making a special announcement about it because that would be a bit spiteful,... wouldn't it?

fgg

Prince Andrew’s big time legal team

While The Return of the (Mac) Sussexes was dominating headlines last week, another curious royal story got out there under the radar about Prince Andrew, who was friends with the dead rapist pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. According to the Telegraph:

“The Duke of York has hired Britain’s most respected extradition lawyer to fend off an FBI inquiry into his friendship with the convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, the Telegraph can reveal.

Prince Andrew is receiving legal advice from Clare Montgomery QC, the leading expert on extradition law, whose clients have included Augusto Pinochet, Chile’s former dictator and Nirav Modi, wanted for India’s biggest fraud. She has been described as “the most formidable member of the bar.”

Ms Montgomery is being briefed by Gary Bloxsome, a criminal defence solicitor who has defended British troops against war crime allegations and is understood to have been appointed directly by the Duke.”

Dictators, fraudsters, and those who’ve been accused of war crimes – I mean, this is GREAT company, isn’t it? And a great look for the beloved second son of the Queen of England, non? Remember when Prince Andrew told Emily Maitlis during his shambolic interview on BBC Newsnight that he was willing to cooperate with American investigators on the Epstein case? What happened there? Is that still the case? Has he assembled this big time team of lawyers to facilitate an eventual interview with US authorities because he just really, really wants to help?

Apparently Clare Montgomery, the best of the best, charges £1000/hour, so about US$1300/hour. That legal bill is no joke then. Next question:

Who’s paying? It’s not like he has an official job anymore. So where’s the funding coming from for him to be legally protected over whatever it is that he did or didn’t do while he was hanging out with the dead rapist pedophile Jeffrey Epstein? If it’s coming from his mother, is that a good use of her money? People are eager to find out how Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will pay for their security – and they should be. That is an area where royals should definitely be challenged. In the case of the Sussexes, while questions should be asked about their security funding, at the very least, that’s an expense that falls into an above-board category: keeping a young family safe.

In Prince Andrew’s case…

How does the line item read on the spreadsheet for his legal expense? Pay x amount of dollars, some of which might come from taxpayers, to defend a man that the FBI wants to question for his relationship with a convicted sex offender and alleged sex trafficker now dead under mysterious circumstances while being accused of rape and pedophilia. That’s totally how people want to see the money being spent, non? I can’t wait to see that on the financial report.

https://www.laineygossip.com/prince-...tion-law/63748
    Sarzy likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Prince Andrew won't voluntarily cooperate in Epstein inquiry, prosecutor says

Despite public offer to help with investigation Andrew has ‘completely shut the door’, and New York attorney general is now considering other options

Martin Pengelly in New York

@MartinPengelly

Mon 9 Mar 2020 16.51 GMTLast modified on Mon 9 Mar 2020 16.55 GMT

Prince Andrew has “completely shut the door” on cooperating with US investigators in the Jeffrey Epstein case and they are now “considering” further options, a New York prosecutor said on Monday.
    Andrew was a friend of Epstein, the wealthy financier and convicted sex offender whose death while in custody on sex trafficking charges in New York last year was ruled a suicide.

Andrew denies all claims of sexual misconduct relating to the Epstein case but has stepped back from public duties as a result of his connection to it.
    Speaking to reporters on Monday, Manhattan US attorney Geoffrey Berman said: “Contrary to Prince Andrew’s very public offer to cooperate with our investigation into Epstein’s co-conspirators, an offer that was conveyed via press release, Prince Andrew has now completely shut the door on voluntary cooperation and our office is considering its options.”

In November, Andrew said he was “willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations if required”.
    Berman made a similar claim in January. Buckingham Palace said then it would not comment and the matter was being dealt with by the prince’s legal team.
    More details soon…

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...on-lawyer-says

Mummy must be soooo proud.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I'm sure there will be more Sunday brunch pics directly.
    Kittylady likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

So yesterday I was listening to Heather McDonald's Juice Scoop podcast and she interviewed Carole Radziwill. anyway, Carole told a story about how she met Ghislane at a party 20 years ago, and then went to London for Christmas Holiday. She said that Ghislane called her out of the blue and said, "I have many friends in London, so I'll have them call you and show you around." Carole said minutes later, she got a call from Prince Andrew. He took her out to dinner and to the ballet, and he was nothing but nice to her and never tried anything inappropriate, but thought the whole thing was odd. And she hasn't run into Ghislane in at least a decade. It was a very interesting interview.
    ShimmeringGlow likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

fgg

^carole was probably too old for prince andrew, even 20 years ago.
    SHELLEE, Kittylady, czb and 4 others like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Duchess of York received £500,000 in 'unexplained' loans from Lord Grade's troubled entertainment company, court hears as firm fights £2.5m legal battle with Chinese shareholder

• Gate Ventures loaned Ferguson £287,577 and further £232,003 to her company
    • Company is currently trying to avoid going into administration after claim made
    • Shareholder Zheng Youngxiong is allegedly owed £2.5million by the company
    • Sarah Ferguson is former director of company but resigned in December 2019

By ISABELLA NIKOLIC FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 14:39, 13 March 2020 | UPDATED: 14:49, 13 March 202

Unexplained loans of more than £500,000 to the Duchess of York from an investment company are a 'matter for investigation,' a high court judge was told.
    Gate Ventures loaned Sarah Ferguson £287,577 and loaned £232,003 to her tea, dinnerware and jewellery company, Ginger & Moss, according to court documents seen by The Guardian.
    The company is currently trying to avoid going into administration after an application was made by a shareholder who is owed £2.5million.
    Zheng Youngxiong, known as Quentin, is applying for administrators to be brought in and claims an investigation into loans and payments given out by the company is necessary.

+4

Zheng Yongxiong - known as Quentin - and the Duchess of York, pictured together in Windsor in 2017 is applying for administrators to be brought in and claims an investigation into loans and payments given out by the company is necessary

Gate Ventures, which is also alleged to have paid £4.7million in expenses to former chairman Dr Johnny Hon, wants the company to go into voluntary liquidation.
    The main difference between the two procedures is that company administration aims to help the company repay debts in order to avoid insolvency, whereas liquidation is the process of selling all assets before dissolving the company completely.
    Voluntary liquidation is instigated by the directors of a solvent company who want to close the company and sell the assets for the benefit of the creditors and shareholders.

Gate Ventures loaned Sarah Ferguson £287,577 and loaned £232,003 to her tea, dinnerware and jewellery company, Ginger & Moss, according to court documents seen by The Guardian

Conservative peer Lord Grade, who is the current chairman of the company, is now locked in a High Court battle

The company is now chaired by former BBC and ITV boss Lord Grade. Dr Hon resigned in December 2017.
    Ferguson is a former director of Gate Ventures but resigned in December 2019.
    Mr Youngxiong's counsel, Matthew Parfitt, reportedly told Judge Prentis: 'There were various transactions with the Duchess of York and entities related to her while she was a director of the company.

Grade is pictured here to the left of Zheng following an investor roadshow in the Far East

+4

Mr Parfitt also recommended investigation into Dr Hon (pictured with Sarah Ferguson) invoicing £4,738,174 and being sold investments of £3,834,250

These included 'a direct and unexplained loan of at least £287,577 to her personally'.
    'It is certainly a matter for investigation.'
    Judge Prentis was also told there was 'strong evidence that directors sought to exploit the company for their own personal interests'.

What is the difference between administration and liquidation?

The main difference between the two procedures is that company administration aims to help the company repay debts in order to avoid insolvency, whereas liquidation is the process of selling all assets before dissolving the company completely.
    Liquidation often follows when a company goes into administration.
    However, going into administration gives the company a chance to sell itself to a third party.
    A voluntary liquidation process is instigated by the directors of a solvent company who want to close the company and sell the assets for the benefit of the creditors and shareholders.
    Although a company administration could end in the liquidation, it can also be used to avoid liquidation or receivership.
    One of the main advantages of entering into administration is that all legal action against your company are stayed during the period of the administratio

Mr Parfitt branded Gate Ventures 'a company that loses money have over fist' after it was revealed that although investors had handed over £24.5million, it had less than £5million left.
    He also recommended investigation into Dr Hon invoicing £4,738,174 and being sold investments of £3,834,250.
    On the list of expenses were private jet trips, lunches with the rich and famous and shopping sprees.
    Mr Parfitt said: '£4.7million of shareholders' money allowed Dr Hon to indulge in jet-setting, high fashion and political meetings'.
    The company's lawyers resigned last week as the company was not able to pay them, the court heard.
    And as a result Lord Grade has been forced to represent the company in high court.
    Gate Ventures reportedly has a claim against Mr Youngxiong over £7.9million that he owes the company.
    He allegedly raised the money on behalf of the company but never paid it.
    The judge was told that there were concerns that administrators chosen by Mr Youngxiong would not be independent.
    The judge has heard Gate Ventures had an 'e-commerce venture' with Ginger & Moss.
    The case has been adjourned until Friday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-company.html
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

What, now we're meant to believe that paragon of virtue the Duchess of York might do something shady? Get out of town with that nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    ^carole was probably too old for prince andrew, even 20 years ago.
    Since she was obviously old enough for him to take out to dinner and the ballet and be seen with, I agree.

The girls he rapes he would never been seen with because they're young enough that even that behavior would be questionable.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    What, now we're meant to believe that paragon of virtue the Duchess of York might do something shady? Get out of town with that nonsense!
    Some people like her, though. I've no idea why.

Because she gives a big ol "EFF You!" to a stodgy institution. Not that she's admirable herself, or anything. More that the institution sucks.
    Kittylady, czb and Lofty Bike like this.

^ I think she is very craven to the Queen, hoping to get back into their good books eventually.

And just waiting for Philip to croak...
    SHELLEE and rollo like this.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread Information