Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Like Tree452Likes

Thread: Prince Andrew is a lying git: the BBC interview

His cash cow is getting turned into hamburger.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I think he'll make it through the Z-list wedding. It's not as if it was going to be long term anyway.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Prince Andrew is braced for fresh revelations as BBC Panorama prepares to air interview TONIGHT with 'sex slave' Virginia Roberts who claims she slept with the royal as a teenager

• Virginia Roberts claims Prince Andrew slept with her when she was a teenager
    • Duke of York denied the allegation in a disastrous Newsnight interview
    • Hour-long special of Panorama will air on Monday, focusing on Roberts' claims
    • Comes as Andrew faces huge backlash after stepping down from royal duties
    • The BBC withdrew plans to release a new publicity clip of tonight's Panorama

By JOE MIDDLETON and SEBASTIAN MURPHY-BATES FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 00:24, 2 December 2019 | UPDATED: 00:48, 2 December 2019

Prince Andrew is braced for fresh embarrassment today in a BBC interview with the Jeffrey Epstein 'sex slave' who claims she slept with the royal as a teenager.
    Virginia Roberts is set to accuse the Duke of York of lying about their alleged encounters.
    In the BBC Panorama interview tonight, Miss Roberts will repeat allegations against Andrew despite his insistence he has 'no recollection' of ever meeting her.
    In the first clip released last week, Virginia, who is now married and has the surname Giuffre, tells the show: 'It was a really scary time in my life. He knows what happened, I know what happened. And there's only one of us telling the truth.'
    She claims she was 'trafficked' by paedophile financier Epstein and forced to have sex with the prince on three occasions, once aged 17. Andrew denies her allegations.
    The BBC was due to release a new clip of tonight's show early this morning, but changed its plans yesterday because of the 'sensitive nature of the programme', as reported by The Times.
    Prince Andrew accuser Virginia Roberts: It was a really scary tim
    It comes as the prince was plunged into fresh crisis over claims he abused his taxpayer-funded trade role to benefit an associate.
    Leaked papers reveal how he exploited the position to open doors for the tycoon David 'Spotty' Rowland while on official trade missions.
    Where is Prince Andrew now left legally?

Police interview for Andrew?
    Scotland Yard has ruled out any inquiry in the UK, but the FBI and the French authorities are conducting investigations.
    It is possible for the FBI or French police to issue a 'letter of request' direct to Scotland Yard for assistance in taking a statement from the royal.
    They could request that an interview takes place with either British detectives or French or American investigators if they travelled to the UK to meet him.
    The FBI could also issue a request for mutual legal assistance via the Home Office. But any statement or interview would only be voluntary and it is not possible to force a potential suspect or witness to co-operate without a warrant for their arrest. Andrew cannot be subpoenaed to give testimony because he lives outside the jurisdiction of US courts.
    Immunity from prosecution?
    Last night Buckingham Palace confirmed the Duke of York is not immune from prosecution. The Queen has sovereign immunity from civil or criminal prosecutions, but this does not extend to all members of the Royal Family.
    Anna Rothwell, of law firm Corker Binning, said yesterday those connected to Epstein were 'vulnerable to extradition' due to the ongoing FBI investigation.
    Is extradition possible?
    The FBI would first consider if there is enough evidence to charge him with an offence. A formal extradition request would be made. The Home Secretary would have to decide whether to certify the request before it would be sent to Westminster Magistrates Court to consider.
    A judge would need to be satisfied that his conduct amounts to an extraditable offence by considering whether there was evidence of guilt and if extradition would breach human rights.
    An order would still need to be signed off by the Home Secretary. Yesterday lawyers claimed an extradition request to the US would be hard to resist. Due to the European agreements we currently have in place, extradition to France would be a more straightforward process.

By REBECCA CAMBER, DAILY MAIL

+

+

Ms Giuffre (left) has claimed in court papers in Florida that she was forced to have sex with Andrew when she was aged 17, under the state's age of consent. She was trafficked by Epstein (right) while she was a teenager

+5

Virginia Roberts, pictured left just days ago, is set to to appear on BBC Panorama on Monday next week after Andrew (right with Emily Maitlis) denied having sex with her on Newsnight

EPSTEIN AND ANDREW: THE PRINCE'S TIMELINE AND HOW IT STANDS UP TO WHAT OTHERS SAY

THE FIRST MEETING
    What Andrew claims: Prince Andrew claimed in his disastrous BBC interview that he met Epstein through Ghislaine Maxwell in 1999.
    What others say: In a 2011 letter about his friendship with the pedophile, one of the Duke's aides said they met in the early 1990s. The aide's timeline corresponds with when Epstein and Maxwell met, following the death of her father in 1991. In a 2007 letter that was sent to prosecutors in Florida to try to lessen Epstein's sentence for his first sex trafficking case, he was praised with helping her overcome her grief.
    THE ALLEGED INCIDENTS WITH VIRGINIA ROBERTS
    Roberts, now known by her married name Virginia Giuffre, claims that in 2001, she had sex with the Duke when she was 17 inside Ghislaine Maxwell's London townhouse. She says it was the first of three encounters; the others taking place in New York and on Epstein's Caribbean island.
    To support her allegations, which she first shared in a 2011, she released a photograph
    What Andrew claims: He never had sex with Roberts and does not even remember ever meeting her.
    What others say: No one but Roberts has gone on the record to verify her claims about Andrew specifically but she is among a group of Epstein victims now demanding apologies and answers from anyone who was associated with his lifestyle. Her ex-boyfriend from Tony Figueroa has said he knew of the photograph of them.
    EPSTEIN'S FIRST CRIMINAL CASE
    In 2007, Epstein was charged with sexually trafficking minors in Florida. He negotiated a sweetheart deal for himself which involved pleading guilty in exchange for just one year of prison time, during which he was allowed to leave to go to work everyday.
    He was released in 2010 and Andrew then went to visit him in New York. The infamous Central Park photograph was taken during his trip.
    What Andrew claims: Andrew said in his BBC interview that he went to visit Epstein to end their friendship.
    'I took the judgement call that because this was serious, and I felt that doing it over the telephone was the chicken's way of doing it, I had to go and see him and talk to him,' he said. He previously described the trip as 'a mistake.'
    What others say: In 2011, a Daily Beast article described a party which Epstein threw in the Duke's honor during the trip. It listed Woody Allen and Katie Couric among guests. Literary agent Max Brockman also described seeing Andrew receiving a foot massage from a Russian woman inside Epstein's home during the trip.
    He claimed, in an email, that Andrew complained about the treatment he received publicly, saying: 'In Monaco, Albert works 12 hours a day but at 9pm, when he goes out, he does whatever he wants, and nobody cares. But, if I do it, I’m in big trouble.'
    EPSTEIN'S SECOND ARREST
    Andrew said nothing of Epstein's arrest in July at the time. It was only until after he had killed himself and questions had resurfaced about the Duke's friendship with him that he issued a statement. In it he said he knew nothing of the allegations against him and that he sympathized with the victims.
    What Andrew says: Andrew said he saw Ghislaine Maxwell 'this year' but that they did not discuss Epstein's case and that it 'wasn't in the news' at the time. He said he had no knowledge of the allegations against his friend.
    What others say: Prosecutors started looking into Epstein's sweetheart deal with Alex Acosta as far back as February.

Buckingham Palace has branded the allegations 'false and without any foundation', stating: 'Any suggestion of impropriety with underage minors by the duke was 'categorically untrue'.
    Ms Giuffre has criticised the Metropolitan Police for failing to investigate her allegations.
    The Met said it stands by its decision not to investigate claims by the duke's accuser, and added that officers had spoken to other law enforcement agencies but have 'not received a formal request asking for assistance'.
    It said it reviewed its previous decision that it was 'not the appropriate authority to conduct inquiries in these circumstances' following Epstein's death in August, and that its position remained unchanged.
    Epstein killed himself in August in a New York prison while he was being held on sex trafficking charges.
    Buckingham Palace has branded the allegations levelled at Andrew as 'false and without any foundation', stating: 'Any suggestion of impropriety with under-age minors' by the duke was 'categorically untrue.'
    Prince Andrew confused during questioning about Virginia Roberts
    How Duke of York's meetings with Jeffrey Epstein have brought him decades of trouble since 1990s

- 1990s
    Andrew first meets Epstein, reportedly introduced through his friendship with Ghislaine Maxwell, the daughter of newspaper tycoon Robert Maxwell. Andrew welcomes Epstein to the Queen's private Scottish retreat in Aberdeenshire. Andrew later says he sees Epstein 'infrequently', adding 'probably no more than only once or twice a year'.
    Andrew and Ms Maxwell are seen on holiday with Epstein at Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida. Epstein and Ms Maxwell attend a party at Windsor Castle hosted by the Queen to mark Andrew's 40th birthday, the Princess Royal's 50th, the Queen Mother's 100th and Princess Margaret's 70th.
    Virginia Roberts claims to have had sex with Andrew 'three times, including one orgy', with the first encounter allegedly taking place in Ms Maxwell's London townhouse. Ms Roberts claims to have had sex with Andrew on two more occasions, at Epstein's New York home and at an 'orgy' on his private island in the Caribbean.
    Epstein admits prostituting minors and is sentenced to 18 months in prison.
    Epstein is released from jail. Andrew is photographed with the disgraced Epstein in New York's Central Park. Footage emerges years later, reportedly shot on December 6 2010, showing him inside Epstein's Manhattan mansion, from where he is seen looking out from a large door of the property waving a woman goodbye after Epstein leaves to get into a chauffeur-driven car.
    The duke quits his role as UK trade envoy after the fallout from the Central Park photos.
    Buckingham Palace denies Andrew has committed any impropriety after he is named in US court documents related to Epstein. A woman, later named in reports as Ms Roberts, alleges in papers filed in Florida that she was forced to have sex with Andrew when she was 17, which is under the age of consent in the state.
    At the World Economic Forum in Davos, Andrew, in his first public engagement since he was embroiled in the allegations, responds, saying: 'Firstly I think I must, and want, for the record, to refer to the events that have taken place in the last few weeks.
    'I just wish to reiterate, and to reaffirm, the statements that have already been made on my behalf by Buckingham Palace.' In April the claims against Andrew are struck from US civil court records following a federal judge's ruling.
    Newly released legal documents show that Johanna Sjoberg, another alleged Epstein victim, claimed Andrew touched her breast while sitting on a couch inside the US billionaire's Manhattan apartment in 2001. Buckingham Palace said the allegations are 'categorically untrue'. Epstein is found dead in his jail cell on August 10, having killed himself after being charged with sex trafficking.
    Later that month a pilot on Epstein's private jet claims Andrew was a passenger on past flights with the financier and Ms Roberts. The Sun newspaper reported that David Rodgers said in a testimony released in August that Epstein, Andrew and the-then 17-year-old travelled to the US Virgin Islands on April 11 2001. Buckingham Palace describes the evidence statement as having 'a number of inconsistencies' and said that Andrew was on a different continent in some cases.
    Following Epstein's death, a statement from the palace says that Andrew is 'appalled by the recent reports of Jeffrey Epstein's alleged crimes'. Breaking his silence on the issue for the first time since 2015, Andrew then releases a statement on August 24 saying: 'At no stage during the limited time I spent with him (Epstein) did I see, witness or suspect any behaviour of the sort that subsequently led to his arrest and conviction.'
    On November 16, the prince gave a 'disastrous' BBC interview in which he spoke about his friendship with Epstein and addressed allegations of his own sexual conduct. He faced a barrage of criticism following his television appearance, with the royal accused of a lack of empathy with Epstein's victims.
    During the interview, Andrew, questioned by Newsnight presenter Emily Maitlis, twice stated his relationship with Epstein, who died in jail while facing sex trafficking charges, had some 'seriously beneficial outcomes', giving him the opportunity to meet people and prepare for a future role as a trade envoy. The duke denied he slept with Virginia Giuffre, one of Epstein's victims, on three separate occasions, twice while she was underage, saying one encounter in 2001 did not happen as he spent the day with his daughter Princess Beatrice, taking her to Pizza Express in Woking for a party.
    The same alleged sexual liaison, which the American said began with the royal sweating heavily as they danced at London nightclub Tramp, was factually wrong as the duke said he had a medical condition at the time which meant he did not sweat. He cast doubt on the authenticity of a picture that appears to show Andrew with his arm around the waist of Mrs Giuffre, when a teenager.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...w-TONIGHT.html

Sarzy likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

(sigh) Prince Andrew is indeed a lying git.

Brits, you have to watch the interview with Virginia Roberts Giuffre and report back!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Sorry Sput I need sleeeeeps.... the others will have to do it for you.
    sputnik likes this.

Wait. The Queen has immunity from criminal prosecution? Like, for the duration of her life???

Um, wow.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Wait. The Queen has immunity from criminal prosecution? Like, for the duration of her life???

Um, wow.
    That's funny that you mention that now since I just read an article saying that there is arrest warrant out for her majesty for kidnapping 10 children in 1964 during a picnic in Kanloops, British Columbia.
    https://www.conspiracycircle.com/did...inal-children/
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Well, that website certainly looks like a reliable news source.
    Shinola likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Like the onion!

The Queen has sovereign immunity from civil or criminal prosecutions

Well, fuck me sideways! If I wanna have somebody rubbed out all I have to do is convince Liz to do it.
    holly and crayzeehappee like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

she does know how to handle firearms
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I thought that’s what is in her her handbag.

Trump just said "I don't know Prince Andrew, but that's a tough story, it's a very tough story, I don't know." Here he is not knowing him at Westminster Abbey, taking a nice stroll on a separate occasion he didn't know him and finally not knowing him whilst partying with Epstein.

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/statu...13909696655361

Virginia Roberts has told how she felt 'horrified and ashamed and dirty' after having sex with Prince Andrew, whom she claims slept with her when she was a 17-year-old sex trafficking victim of Jeffrey Epstein's.
    Ms Roberts - now Virginia Giuffre - told the BBC's Panorama programme tonight that after coming to London with Epstein and his alleged madam Ghislaine Maxwell in 2001, she went dancing with the Prince at a nightclub where he was 'raining' sweat on her'.
    The 35-year-old told said that after leaving Tramp nightclub, 'in the car Ghislaine tells me that I have to do for Andrew what I do for Jeffrey.
    'And that made me sick. I didn't expect it from royalty.
    'I didn't expect it from someone that people look up to and admire - the royal family.'
    Describing the alleged events of the evening she said: 'There was a bath and it started there and it led into the bedroom.
    'It didn't last very long, the whole entire procedure. It was disgusting.
    'He wasn't mean or anything. But he got up and said thanks and walked out.
    'And I sat there in bed just felt horrified and ashamed and felt dirty.'
    She went on: 'I had just been abused by a member of the royal family.'

She said that the following day Ghislaine Maxwell told her she had made Maxwell's friend the Prince 'very happy'.
    In a moving and at times tearful interview, Ms Roberts also said she is 'calling BS' on 'ridiculous excuses' from 'people on the inside' which seek to rubbish her claim of having had sex with Prince Andrew while a teenager trafficked by Jeffrey Epstein, adding, 'because that's what it is'.
    The 35-year-old has continually alleged that she was trafficked by Jeffrey Epstein and had to have sex with Andrew, which the Duke of York categorically denies.
    She told the BBC's Panorama in an interview on BBC One at 9pm tonight that 'The people on the inside are going to keep coming up with these ridiculous excuses - like his arm was elongated or the photo was doctored, or he came to New York to break up with Jeffrey Epstein.
    'I mean, come on, I'm calling BS on this, because that's what it is.'
    She also told the BBC that she knew she 'had to keep him happy because that's what Jeffrey and Ghislaine would have expected from me.'
    Miss Roberts urged the British public to 'stand up beside me to help me fight this fight' and 'not accept this as being OK'.
    In the interview with BBC Panorama, she told how Andrew was 'the most hideous dancer I've ever seen in my life' and 'his sweat was ... raining basically everywhere'.
    Miss Roberts's interview took place before the duke's appearance on Newsnight.

She told Panorama reporter Darragh Macintyre of her night with Andrew: 'He is the most hideous dancer I've ever seen in my life.
    'It was horrible and this guy was sweating all over me, his sweat was like it was raining basically everywhere, I was just like grossed out from it, but I knew I had to keep him happy because that's what Jeffrey and Ghislaine would have expected from me.'
    In his recent Newsnight interview, Andrew claimed he had a medical condition in 2001, after suffering an overdose of adrenaline in the Falklands War when he was shot at, which meant he did not sweat.
    When they had left the club, Miss Roberts said the socialite Ms Maxwell gave her instructions. She added: 'In the car Ghislaine tells me that I have to do for Andrew what I do for Jeffrey and that just made me sick.'
    She said that later that evening she had sex with Andrew upstairs at Maxwell's house in Belgravia.
    The duke has insisted he has no memory of meeting Miss Roberts, saying: 'I can absolutely categorically tell you it never happened. I have no recollection of ever meeting this lady, none whatsoever.'
    He denies having sex with her.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-Roberts.html
    More at the link
    Brookie likes this.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread Information