Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Portia de Rossi taped Ellen DeGeneres during drunken fights, sources claim

I do not see Ellen as being controlling. I can see her as one who is fighting to keep her life partner sober and trying to get help for her.

I do not buy at all that Ellen is a "most hated" celeb except by homophobes who are pissed that she came out so publically and they blame her for the main stream public being more accepting now.

Ellen DeGeneres Hated by Some Admired by Many
    Ellen DeGeneres Hated by Some Admired by Many

Added by Donna Martin on March 24, 2014.
    Saved under Donna W. Martin, Ellen DeGeneres, Entertainment, Opinion
    Tags: degeneres

DeGeneresIt is no secret that funny lady, Ellen DeGeneres has come a long way in the entertainment business; but it has not always been easy for her. Just like everyone else, Ellen DeGeneres has had to deal with pitfalls and negativity, and while she is hated by some, she is admired by many.

Through the years, DeGeneres has taken jabs for being gay. Well, who really cares if she is gay? It is not like she is trying to convert anyone! Is it not time for everybody to just get over it and let the whole gay thing go? Come on people, it is the 21st century, equality is long overdue, and whether she is accepted or not, it really does not matter. DeGeneres has broken through every prejudice that has been thrown her way, and like it or not, she is here to stay.

In 2012, when DeGeneres became the spokesperson for JC Penny, a group called One Million Moms launched an Ellen hate campaign and tried to bully JC Penney into removing her as their spokesperson. Needless to say that did not work, and if anything, JC Penny won over some new customers who came out and shopped in support of DeGeneres.

There is even a Facebook page dedicated to Ellen haters called “I Hate Ellen DeGeneres.” However, with only 1,131 likes, the page does not seem to be gaining any momentum.

More recently, rumors and gossip began to circulate that DeGeneres’ marriage to Portia de Rossi was falling apart and that they would soon be divorcing. However, those rumors were shut down when DeGeneres openly joked about the gossip before getting serious and saying, “There’s not one ounce of truth to it. I’m very happily married.”

DeGeneres famously summed up the way she felt about her haters by saying, “My haters are my motivators,” and what a great attitude to have. No matter what Ellen DeGeneres does, some people are going to hate her, but she will still be admired by many.

In fact, DeGeneres has millions of devoted fans and followers who simply adore her. “Everyone hearts Ellen DeGeneres,” says Ryan Seacrest. “What’s not to love?”

Despite all the negatives, DeGeneres has pushed forward and made quite the career for herself. She has an Emmy Award winning TV show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show where she is always ready to reach out and share a laugh, cheer someone up, or lend a helping hand. She supports numerous charitable organizations such as Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Feeding America, the American Red Cross, and The Humane Society to name a few.

DeGeneres is not trying to impose her views or her lifestyle on anyone else, she’s just trying to be happy and live her life the way she chooses and with whom she chooses. So for all the haters out there or anyone who may question what the 56-year-old comedian stands for, she spoke out about the values she believes. DeGeneres said she stands for honesty, kindness, compassion, equality, treating other people the way she would want to be treated, and helping those in need.

That does not sound so bad does it? Are those not the same values most people say they stand for as well? Regardless of what Ellen DeGeneres says or does, she will always have haters; however, she will also always have many who support and admire her.

Opinion By Donna W. Martin

Read more at Ellen DeGeneres Hated by Some Admired by Many
    stef likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Doesn't she have some staff members who've been with her for years? They're often given the opportunity to shine in their own creative bits on her show as well. I know that's not necessarily meaningful but I've never gotten the impression she was disliked by her own employees.
    sluce and Kittylady like this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

On a personal note- a girl on my daughter's team has a brother who works for Ellen. When the team had a great accomplishment he had Ellen make a video to send to them as she congratulated them on their success and thanked them for showing why title IX is so important.

I found she is #1 on this list which is called The 10 Most Impossible-to-Hate Celebs:

The 10 Most Impossible-To-Hate Celebs - Suggest.com

Dubbed the "Queen of Nice," Ellen DeGeneres always shows compassion and love to everyone she meets. She is never mean or uses vulgar language, which is so common among comedians. She is a person that uses her celebrity to bring good things to those around her, and try to make this world a better place.
    Kittylady and nana51 like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I'm with you on that, Sluce. I think Ellen is genuine and probably has just had some unfortunate relationships - not people she chose for the purpose of controlling. I don't think Degeneres has a "facade" she drops in private either, if she truly has a bad temper. By contract, look at Rosie O'Donnell, who (as a show host) was capable of being really nice and charming, but had an edge to her that was visible occasionally.

-- this has been your MohandasKGanja pop psychology moment of the day.
    sluce and Kittylady like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information