Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Pippa Middleton Lands A Book Deal

I'll listen to Nigella Lawson's opinions on how to cook and entertain, thank you.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Her face looks busted in that picture.

I don't think she's very popular in the states. I keep hearing that people can't get enough of her but I don't know who these people are.

Quote Originally Posted by fattymatty View Post
    I don't think she's very popular in the states. I keep hearing that people can't get enough of her but I don't know who these people are.
    Me too. I think most people in the U.K don't give two shits about the Royals or anything associated with them. A book about beige decor at a tea party doesn't sound very thrilling to say the least. Just say irrelevant Pippa, whoever the hell you are.

Quote Originally Posted by fattymatty View Post
    I agree, she's definitely not. The only people who can't seem to get enough of her are the media shoving her down everyone's throats and telling people how "popular" and "pretty" she is. It's like in Mean Girls.... "STOP trying to make Pippa happen. It's NOT going to happen!"
    Callalily likes this.

A book on party hosting? She seems to dull to offer any advice on party-anything. Lame. Now Prince Harry could write a party hosting book and I'd totally be down w/ that.

This sounds like the book where the butler wrote about pouring tea.

I suspect it's to promote the family business about children's partyware.
    Jazzy likes this.

fgg

Pippa Middleton: It's "Startling" to Be Known for My Famous Butt, Relatives

Pippa Middleton speaks!

The typically tight-lipped party planner, 29, recently chatted with the U.K.'s Mail on Sunday to promote her new book, Celebrate. Pippa also opened up about being thrust into the spotlight after her sister, Kate Middleton, 31, married Prince William, 31, in April 2011.

"It is a bit startling to achieve global recognition before the age of 30 on account of your sister, your brother-in-law and your bottom," Pippa said. "One day I might be able to make sense of this. In the meantime I think it's fair to say that it has its upside and its downside."

Pippa added, "I certainly have opportunities many can only dream of – but in most ways I'm a typical girl in her 20s trying to forge a career and represent herself in what can sometimes seem rather strange circumstances. I am by nature an optimist so I tend to concentrate on the advantages. One of the most attractive has been the chance to publish Celebrate."

The triathlete hopes her book will give the public an inside look into who she is and what she does for a living. "I know many of you will pick up the book out of nothing more than curiosity," she writes in Celebrate. "I can assure you that it feels even stranger to me than it probably does to you to have seen so much written about me when I have done so little to paint a picture of myself."

"This is my first chance to do that and I've enjoyed every minute of it," she writes. "The book is designed to be a comprehensive guide to home entertaining, based on my experience in my family's business Party Pieces and work for London-based events company Table Talk."

The Mail on Sunday is running 24 pages of excerpts from Celebrate in its You magazine. Further excerpts will appear in next week's issue.

Pippa Middleton: It's "Startling" to Be Known for My Famous Butt, Relatives - UsMagazine.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

Well Pippa, you should just feel free to do something useful or noteworthy without using your sister and her marriage as leverage.

What is so great about her butt? I seriously don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    What is so great about her butt? I seriously don't get it.
    It is skinny, flat, and boring just like her. I don't get it either.
    Jazzy, BITTER and lucianodel like this.

Her sister got married 1.5 years ago. It's a little embarrassing she has to remind everyone why she is famous.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Pippa Middleton's top tip for Santa is children like stockings! | Daily Mail Online

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Pippa strikes again with her top tips! This week, Christmas - apparently children like presents

By Sebastian Shakespeare for the Daily Mail
    Published: 20:39 EST, 10 December 2015 | Updated: 03:22 EST, 11 December 2015
    Feeling unprepared for Christmas with just two weeks to go until the big day? Never fear — Pippa Middleton is here with her dazzlingly original tips for a perfect Noel.
    ‘For children, few things bring on the anticipation of Christmas more than the thought of stockings bursting with presents,’ muses the Duchess of Cambridge’s younger sister, pictured, whose fatuous advice has become the stuff of legend.
    ‘I still feel that twinkle of joy in giving others — young and old — a bundle of thoughtful surprises.’

+3

Pippa Middleton (pictured) said 'few things bring on the anticipation of Christmas for children more than the thought of stockings bursting with presents'

So how does she achieve such shopping success?

‘I start looking out for stocking presents quite early — a few months before — as it’s much more charming and enjoyable to find fillers along the way without the stress of emergency buying,’ she writes in the latest edition of Waitrose Weekend.
    But where to look? Pips has a breathtaking suggestion — try the High Street or the internet.
    ‘I often find quirky and fun gifts when I least expect to — in antiques and card shops, browsing the internet or window shopping. I love adding a personal touch to everyone’s stockings.’
    Having bought her pile of presents, the 32-year-old Edinburgh University graduate faces the thorny dilemma of how to wrap them. ‘Once I’ve found the right gifts, the next problem is making sure each item is small enough to pack into a stocking — and also finding wrapping paper thin enough to wrap small or awkward gifts.
    And now for that Pippa touch of genius: ‘I tend to go for a different pattern of wrapping paper for different family members and use Post-it notes to label what’s what.’
    Pippa was paid a £400,000 advance by Penguin for her 2012 party planning book, Celebrate, but it was widely mocked and she parted from her literary agent the following year. Nevertheless, she accumulated £229,000 in her publishing company in its first year of business, with the firm, PXM Enterprises, making a £115,192 profit in 2014.
    ‘I love giving,’ she adds, ‘particularly when I’ve put a lot of thought and effort into each tiny gift. So I’m certainly not planning on giving up on Christmas stockings any time soon, even if they’re really meant to be for children!’

Revolutionary stuff.
    Jazzy likes this.

Yep ground breaking. Isn't she secretly dating Harry, I'm sure I read that somewhere.

google says this: Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton are dating: Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information