Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
Like Tree509Likes

Thread: Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

^^He's been in and out of jail multiple times; I think the root of his addiction was his parents divorce. Dad used to be a heavy drinker (to the pint of being on the brink of death a couple of times), but has stopped drinking completely. His dad's alcohol addiction, his parents bitter divorce...it all contributed. That being said, there's so many people out there who have had similar circumstances and never fall into addiction. I don't know if he was pre-disposed due to dad's alcohol addiction...
    BITTER and Annika like this.

^^My dad was an alcoholic; so were most of his siblings. Out of three sisters and five brothers, only two are left; the others died in their 50s and 60s from either booze, drugs or diseases related to them. Most of their offspring, yours truly included, have struggled with the same demons. I do think it is genetic.
    Annika, lindsaywhit, Mrs P and 1 others like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    My husband's younger cousin is an addict (I think meth), and is living on the streets. His mom lives in another city, dad lives in the same city the cousin does. The dad has tried to help in the past, he even found a rehab center to take him to, but he left on his own after a few days. Every so often he'll show up at his dad's house where he now lives with his second wife and their 2 teenage daughters to ask for food, money, etc.; the last time he did so, he went into the house through an unlocked door half-naked asking if he could take a shower. Stepmom kicked him out and called the dad (who was at work), and he hasn't been back since. There's an IG page for a local liquor store that frequently features him in their videos for the amusement of themselves and others; occasionally they will "try" to help him out with bail money, haircuts, clothes, but they mostly use him IMO as entertainment . I'll view the videos sometimes and show them to my husband, but it's so sad to see him in this condition; I've been tempted to comment and say "Hey, this guy's my husband's family, you have no idea how this hurts him and other family members, stop featuring him!"...
    That is disgusting that some store is using him to gain views and money from videos of him on IG.

^^Him and other "customers" that frequent the store...

Still miss him. What a talent. I can't even imagine what his kids go through every day.
    Trixie, C_is_for_Cookie and levitt like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I just watched Cold Mountain again last night, and even though he plays a complete asshole, he was so good in it. Not a huge part, but he made it his own.
    czb and gas_chick like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

^ That's what was so great about him...his ability to play a supporting role and make the movie better/more interesting just by being a part of it. Boogie Nights, Talented Mr. Ripley come to mind...even not so great movies like Along Came Polly or Twister, he was always memorable.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ That's what was so great about him...his ability to play a supporting role and make the movie better/more interesting just by being a part of it. Boogie Nights, Talented Mr. Ripley come to mind...even not so great movies like Along Came Polly or Twister, he was always memorable.
    His role in Boogie Nights was great. So different than his role in Talented Mr. Ripley which he was great too. Oh, and he totally saved Along Came Polly with the sharted quote. Yes, memorable in every movie, even if just a supporting role. Very versatile actor and a shame to no longer have him.

Edit - The people that dealt with the ferret scenerio in Along Came Polly totally should have come to me for proper advice. Ferrets don't make the sound that one did. Ferret geek rant over.
    Last edited by Mrs P; January 4th, 2018 at 11:21 PM. Reason: ps ferrets rock
    Trixie, Bombshell, cheray and 1 others like this.

Even all the way back to Dead Poets Society. Who watched that movie and DIDN'T hate him with the fire of a thousand suns? It took me a long time to forgive him and realize he was only really good at PLAYING an asshole.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

I want to think this is one of the shots from his last official photo shoot? Going through the pictures made me a bit teary eyed.

bootspaige and gas_chick like this.

I grew up working in a Theatre where I met two very close friends who decided to pack up and move to NYC in 1999 to pursue their theatre dreams. They eventually ended up at LAByrinth Theatre where PSH was artistic director. They were so lucky to work with him from the beginning and said he never changed after the Hollywood fame and remained so down to earth. So tragic he left us so soon. Canít beleive itís been 4 years.
    lindsaywhit and Mrs P like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread Information