Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree509Likes

Thread: Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

I don't think so. I think it's just an indication of his wishes should he NOT be there to express them.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

He didn't dictate shit. Just made some wishes for his newborn (at the time) son that I assume he wanted read in the event of his death. I also don't believe asking it to be expedited means she needs money now. One of our attorneys can correct me but I feel like everyone is encouraged to file that when a will is read.

It seems he once had a great relationship with the mother of his children and probably still would have if his demons hadn't risen back up.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    He didn't dictate shit. Just made some wishes for his newborn (at the time) son that I assume he wanted read in the event of his death. I also don't believe asking it to be expedited means she needs money now. One of our attorneys can correct me but I feel like everyone is encouraged to file that when a will is read.

It seems he once had a great relationship with the mother of his children and probably still would have if his demons hadn't risen back up.
    I do not know if it means that or not, it was just a direct copy from the article.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Yeah I saw that and thought why did they feel the need to say that. Just shit stirring I guess.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Caring about what happens to your children after you're dead, does not mean you get to decide what happens.
    But it does. If both parents are killed at the same time it is VERY important to have a will that states exactly who will have custody and who will control the money. If you don't get it in writing some judge you never met will make the decision for you.
    In this case,both did not die. He expressed his wishes only. Totally proper.
    Kittylady likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    He may have put it into the will to cover a situation in which both he and his ex are not around to care for their kids.
    That's what I thought too..he and Mimi were together for many years and went on to have 2 more children together, so I'm sure she knew what his wishes were for the kids. Like many people of a fairly young age, he probably didn't think about putting a will together until he had a child. Since he and Mimi weren't married, it was even more important that he spell things out so she would be provided for, as well as setting up a trust for his son. Is it really that strange that someone would put some comments in their will about how they would like their children to be raised? Sure, it's probably not legally binding, it's just stating their preferences to whoever will be responsible for them. Say the parents were very religious, and the will said they would like the children to attend Catholic school or church...same thing in my book. PSH just felt very strongly about the arts apparently.
    Kittylady and travellinjones like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    You're not exactly the poster child of making sense. What does the bolded sentence even mean.
    Bless your heart!! Take the t off of can't genius!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    if he wanted to force them into living somewhere specific, he would have put the funds into a trust that would only pay out if his wishes were granted.

Can you do that?

fgg

^at least in the movies they say stuff like you can't inherit the money unless you are married or have kids, etc. you can put all kinds of restrictions on funds in trusts.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

^ I remember reading that John Paul Getty's family trust stipulated no marriage until age 25 or no money. JPG III (the one who was kidnapped and got his ear cut off, and Bathalzar Getty's father) was disinherited because he violated those terms.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm pretty sure I'd have no problem following the no marriage until 25 stipulation. Who'd forfeit millions because they couldn't wait?

my parents forbid us marrying before 25 and they didn't even offer us money. bastards.
    Bombshell, sputnik, *DIVA! and 3 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    my parents forbid us marrying before 25 and they didn't even offer us money. bastards.
    meglomaniacs...

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Mine even suggested I elope.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Well, wasn't Hoffman raised in NYC? Didn't necessarily do HIM a whole lotta good.
    There are people who have been born and raised in LA, and they turned out ok. And lots of folk from NYC who did not. He's one of them - he was exposed to drugs and alcohol. What made him think that keeping his kid from LA will keep him on the straight and narrow?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Thread Information