Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree509Likes

Thread: Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Oh,...Well, I just skimmed the article,...I thought they had to live in one of those places. Visits to cultural places is a nice thing to want your kids introduced to in life. He had the means to give them that, for sure. I am just shocked he never updated the will in 10 years and after two more kids. I hope it will be split by the three children, even without the younger girls name's being on the will.
    no. dead dad can't force the kids to live anywhere...
    Per the article above: the family have asked that the Oscar-winning actor's estate be handled by a judge on an expedited basis – a sign that the family needs cash.
    it seems they need money now, so they will not be letting it "sit"...

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Geesh it's a freaking Will!!! That's what a will does. It leaves behind your wishes so your loved ones and the state will know what to do with your estate!!
    Just like if you are married and estranged and you leave everything to your child.. Your spouse gets crap, and the law and the spouse have to abide by that!!
    bingo.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

re: the updating thing, it probably doesn't matter. my dad didn't update his will either and it only referred 4 children (youngest brother wasn't born yet) but it didn't matter because he left everything to my mother and that she provide for our care.
    in this case, he leaves her everything and provides for a trust for his son. there's no reason to think the kids' mother won't set up something similar for the other 2 kids. i doubt it will be necessary to contest the will or anything. i think the heath ledger case was more complicated since his will was written before his kid was even born, he never married michelle williams and they were broken up when he died and he'd left it all to his family.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I have known people that want their money fast, but they were money hungry....lol I wonder if the Mom did not work and primarily took care of the kids, with Phillip's financial support?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    besides, if you had 3 kids with someone and they left you all their millions, you'd think you'd take their desires into consideration after they died, no?
    If I had 3 kids with someone who left me millions, the money would not factor into considering their desires. If the desires were resonable, and I agreed with them, I'd obviously comply.

Geesh it's a freaking Will!!! That's what a will does. It leaves behind your wishes so your loved ones and the state will know what to do with your estate!!
    Yeah, but children are not part of one's estate.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    If I had 3 kids with someone who left me millions, the money would not factor into considering their desires. If the desires were resonable, and I agreed with them, I'd obviously comply.

Yeah, but children are not part of one's estate.
    You're gonna Make me get myself an infraction!!!
    stop being opposing so you can't get attention via replies! You're not making sense!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

It does seem like an odd thing to put in a will. Wouldn't they just have talked about how they wanted the kids raised?
    Bellatheball likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Not if they were hooking up for sex and company at that time..or maybe she might have thought moving him to Hollywood would make him feel close to his passed on dad!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Ιs this statement legally binding?i dont see why he should mention it in his will in the first place,unless his partner didnt agree or in case she wanted to live with somebody elsewhere..in any case ,he didnt know 10 years down the line he would be shooting up himself dead and where they will live will be a minor problem for his poor rich kids...

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    It does seem like an odd thing to put in a will. Wouldn't they just have talked about how they wanted the kids raised?
    It sounds like he might have been a graduate of the Paul Walker Estate-Planning Course.

Elite Member

stop being opposing so you can't get attention via replies! You're not making sense!
    You're not exactly the poster child of making sense. What does the bolded sentence even mean.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Oh cut the shit.
    McJag and Karistiona like this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

fgg

if he wanted to force them into living somewhere specific, he would have put the funds into a trust that would only pay out if his wishes were granted.
    sputnik likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    You're not exactly the poster child of making sense. What does the bolded sentence even mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Oh cut the shit.
    *hovers finger over button on the Infracto-Meter 2000*
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    He may have put it into the will to cover a situation in which both he and his ex are not around to care for their kids.
    Kittylady, McJag and stef like this.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Does something like that have any kind of legal binding?

Thread Information