Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree509Likes

Thread: Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

I've not seen any of the photos thankfully but taking pictures of kids at their father's funeral is just repugnant. How morally bankrupt do you need to be to do that?
    Kittylady and BrickHouse like this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

And Valentino is getting backlash too. They took a photo taken of Amy Adams at the funeral carrying their bag and tweeted it out as a promo. They later removed it and apologized.
    Kittylady likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Who cares about the bag? What we are all dying to know is what brand of syringe he was using.
    sluce and Bombshell like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Valentino should get further backlash because that bag was ugly.
    czb and Mrs P like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Valentino should have just sent gift bags to the celeb mourners, like Uggs did. What a world we live in.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I only knew of heroin being a problem in Philly because I watched this some weeks ago. I can't remember how I stumbled upon it on youtube, but damn this is scary. Of course there are drugs every where, not just run down places. All I know about the Kensington section is drugs, and being run down. Camden is just over the bridge. That place is scarrrry! I got lost once trying to get to the Aquarium.

"Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

fgg

Philip Seymour Hoffman's Diaries Reveal He Was Reportedly in a Love Triangle Before His Death

Philip Seymour Hoffman's diaries reveal he was reportedly in a love triangle with his estranged partner Mimi O'Donnell and another woman before his tragic deathCredit: Stephen Lovekin/Getty

New revelations of Philip Seymour Hoffman's final days continue to pour in, with some stories coming from the late actor himself. Hoffman's diaries have reportedly revealed that the Oscar winner may have been involved in a love triangle before his tragic death.

Hoffman was "caught in between" his relationship with estranged partner Mimi O'Donnell and an unnamed woman shortly before dying at the age of 46 on Feb. 2, law-enforcement sources told the New York Post Tuesday, Feb. 11. The actor and the unknown woman had recently hooked up.

The findings may have contributed to Hoffman and the costume designer's estrangement; one month before his death, Hoffman lived apart from O'Donnell and their kids Cooper, 10, Tallulah, 7, and Willa, 5. But as Us Weekly previously reported, his heroin abuse was certainly a crucial factor as well.

"Mimi kicked him out about a month ago," a family insider told Us. "She said that he could still see the kids but that until he cleaned up, he couldn't come home." When questioned about his new living situation, the Capote actor would tell friends "he was using the apartment as an office."

Hoffman had been vocal about his demons since entering a rehab facility last May, and his diary entries were no exception. According to Page Six, he also wrote he was "ashamed that he was going out and hanging out and drinking" after being sober for 23 years. One source told NBC his notes were "stream of consciousness and difficult to follow."

Read more: Philip Seymour Hoffman's Diaries Reportedly Reveal Love Triangle - Us Weekly
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

i very much doubt he could get it up at this point...
    sluce, Trixie and Bellatheball like this.

I saw something about this in a Daily Fail article...I guess the tabs are picking up on it too. I wonder if it's about his 20-something assistant?

I hope this whole thing doesn't get dragged through the mud.

eta: I agree with effie.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

And fuck the police officer who leaked this info.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Who on earth would be leaking his diary entries? I'm not believing that story...

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm giving the side eye to a lot of the stuff that is being claimed in the wake of the NE/Katz mess but...

I think this might be a possibility, particularly if the Other Woman (should she exist) is also an addict. But then I think that a partner-in-addiction would have sold him out to the press pretty quickly.

I also wonder if, considering PSH's intelligence and way with words, the Other Woman being referred to in the diaries is actually drugs? It wouldn't be the first time an addiction was referred to as though it was not only a human being in its own right but also as a mistress or an interloper.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I also wonder if, considering PSH's intelligence and way with words, the Other Woman being referred to in the diaries is actually drugs? It wouldn't be the first time an addiction was referred to as though it was not only a human being in its own right but also as a mistress or an interloper.
    The Press: HE WAS GAY!

The Facts: Ummm, no. No he wasn't.

The Press: No? Oh. Hmmmm. Ok. Sorry about that. Ummm, I hear my mom calling me. Be right back.

The Press: He was TOTALLY NOT gay! He was having an affair with a woman! We need a reason this happened! If we don't have something to blame, we'll MAKE SOMETHING UP!

Me: Really? Really, Press?

In all seriousness, if there were a diary, I'd imagine it is something that eventually his kids would love to have when they are old enough to really be able to emotionally take it and want to understand what made their Dad tick. Or unravel as it were.

Given his way with words, it's something that the voracious reader in me wants to read so badly. But unless it was something HE published while he was still alive and ok with it....Nope. Want no part of it.

I kept journals for many many years, through many stages of my life and through many assholish behavior on my part. And I've had them found and read by people no less than three times (once someone even put one back together with tape after I'd sent it through the shredder). I can't explain how violating that feels. I'd probably feel better about being physically violated. So I think it's a pretty sick fucking thing to do to take this man's inner most (intended to be) private thoughts and wave them around and splash them about like it's every one else's business.

On a lighter note, sometimes I really do wonder why I'm on a gossip site. Where I somehow draw the line in my own head about what's ok to gossip about and what's not. Then I remember I'm just a jerk and go on with my life.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Can someone explain why the photographers had to focus on the kids so much? Why did they have to capture their grief?

Grief sells. And journalists are ruthless. I once saw it with my own eyes after a natural disaster. They interviewed people and once they found the story wasn't tragic enough, NEXT, they didn't even let the people finish. It was horrible and they were so disrespectful to the people who just lost everything.

Keep my son out of Hollywood: Philip Seymour Hoffman's will reveals star wanted his children raised in New York - and he left most of his $35m fortune to his estranged partner

• Actor's will, which was written 10 years ago, asked for his son Cooper to be brought up in New York, Chicago or San Francisco
    • Most of his fortune was left to his long-time partner, Marianne O'Donnell, and he set up a trust fund for Cooper
    • His daughters Tallulah and Willa were born after the will was drawn up
    • Hoffman, who had an estimated fortune of $35 million, died of an apparent heroin overdose earlier this month

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 18:17, 19 February 2014 | UPDATED: 20:47, 19 February 2014

Philip Seymour Hoffman's dying wish was to keep his children in Manhattan - and away from Hollywood, according to reports.
    The actor's will, which was written in 2004, asked for his then-only child Cooper to be raised in New York City so he would be surrounded by the city's rich culture, arts and architecture.
    If it was not possible for Cooper to be raised in New York, Hoffman asked that his son be raised in Chicago or San Francisco - or at least visit the cities twice a year.
    TMZ noted the absence of Los Angeles from the list. It was penned by Hoffman nearly 10 years before he was found dead from a heroin overdose two weeks ago.

+6

Requests: Philip Seymour Hoffman, who died earlier this month, asked that his son Cooper (right) be raised in Manhattan, Chicago or San Francisco in his will, which was penned 10 years ago

'It is my strong desire…that my son, Cooper Hoffman, be raised and reside in or near the borough of Manhattan…or Chicago, Illinois, or San Francisco, California,' Hoffman's will reads.
    'The purpose of this request is so that my son will be exposed to the culture, arts and architecture that such cities offer.'

More...

Most of his fortune was left to his longtime partner and the mother of his three children, costume designer Marianne 'Mimi' O’Donnell, whom he identifies as his 'friend and companion'.

After Cooper, now 10, the couple had Tallulah, now seven, and Willa, five.
    The will indicates he also set up a trust for Cooper, which he said should be used to pay for Cooper's 'education, support, health and maintenance'.

+6

Family: Hoffman set up a trust for Cooper, left, but his daughters were born after the will was drawn up

+6

+6

Close: Hoffman and his former partner were estranged but he still saw the children most days

Cooper will get half of the money when he turns 25, and the rest at age 30, according to court papers shared by the New York Post.
    It is not known how much his estate is worth, but some estimates have placed it around $35 million.

Court sources added to The Post that the family have asked that the Oscar-winning actor's estate be handled by a judge on an expedited basis – a sign that the family needs cash.
    The children's parents became estranged last year when Hoffman slipped back into using heroin, but O'Donnell lived nearby in their $4.2 million apartment.
    But Hoffman remained close to his children, seeing them most days. He was also regularly spotted taking Cooper to basketball games.
    'My spare time is really about hanging out with my kids,' Hoffman once told Us Weekly. 'If I'm free, a good chunk of that is going to be thinking about how to hang out with them.'

The couple became estranged last year reportedly after Hoffman resumed his heroin habit

Hoffman, 46, was found dead on February 2 in his $10,000-a-month West Village apartment surrounded by 70 bags of heroin and 20 used syringes, less than a year after he completed a stint in rehab for his addiction.

The actor, who won an Oscar for 'Copote', was remembered at a funeral on February 6, where O'Donnell was seen comforting the sobbing children.

Investigators have determined that Hoffman made six ATM transactions for a total of $1,200 inside a supermarket near his home the day before his death.
    Three people were later arrested during the investigation into the source of the drugs, including a long-time friend and 'drug dealer', Robert Vineberg.

Read more: Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'will requested his kids to be kept away from Hollywood' | Mail Online

Thread Information