Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree509Likes

Thread: Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    That did cross my mind that someone pretended to be him. I think the details were probably pretty correct, maybe it was a so called 'friend' of David who tricked them. That's a pretty bad mistake to make for the NE though.

On another note I didn't like seeing the photos of Philip's kids at his funeral. Way too intrusive. Heartbreaking pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    "We were misled", "we were tricked" and "we were duped". Okay, but who got paid for the story? Or did it make perfect sense to the editor that "David Katz" found his "lover's" body and called the National Enquirer to spill the beans - w/o a price negotiated?
    ITA, the pics of the kids were too sad. I had never seen pics of his kids at all until after his death...3 sweet little gingers, broke my heart.

I'm glad the NE story wasn't true--not that I give a rats ass about the man's persuasions--just the timing and the fact it supposedly came from a long-time friend really sucked. At least they retracted but the whole "we were tricked" thing, GMAFB. More like, they rushed to be the first with a story and they got bit in the ass, hard. I hope they pay big time $$.
    Kittylady likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Haven't read the posts in the thread. Have viewed too many unnecessary articles in media outlets showing his girlfriend, kids, friends, etc. mourning. I feel bad for clicking on those links which makes the websites earn money. I guess I can't help because I found him to be such a great actor and person. I have a friend that knew him and had a few dinners together. Great chap. My cousin is a production manager in the industry and has heard fabulous things about him. All these people saying that taking certain drugs is a choice, yes the first time it is, but for those of us that are prone to addiction, we can't stop. I guess some don't understand it's a disease. I know that people loved him in Capote and he did deserve his Oscar, but I'll always love him best for Almost Famous.
    Kittylady, Bombshell, card and 1 others like this.

He's gone and it sucks in a major way. He was often the best thing about the films he was in. Case in point:

I love this video so much I don't even know how many times I have watched it.
    levitt, Trixie, card and 3 others like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I wish every news outlet that had run the blazing headlines about the fake NE story would all be forced to print large public retractions. There's not been a peep out of too many of them who gloried in it at the time. I guess they are too damn busy publishing dozens of photos of his kids sobbing at the funeral.

Fucking bastards.
    Sunnygirl likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

In The Big Lebowski as the uneasy assistant.

Trixie likes this.

Wonderful woman!

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    A junkie is going to try and score no matter what bad stuff is on the street so I'd much rather they do that than let the death toll rise even higher than it otherwise might. While a junkie lives you have to hope that some how, some day they'll reach a point where they start the fight to get clean, for both their sake and the sake of those who love them. That's why I'm heavily in favour of needle exchanges etc.
    This is a quote from an article in Rolling Stone recently:

Apocalypse, New Jersey: Matt Taibbi's Dispatch From Camden, America's Most Desperate Town | Culture News | Rolling Stone

In fact, when Camden made the papers a few years back after a batch of Fentanyl-laced heroin caused a series of fatalities here, it attracted dope fiends from hundreds of miles away. "People were like, 'Wow, I've gotta try that,'" says Adrian, a recovering addict from nearby Logan Township who used to come in from the suburbs to score every day and is now here to visit a nearby methadone clinic. "Yeah," says her friend Adam, another suburban white methadone commuter. "If someone dies at a dope set, that's where you want to get your dope."

This particular article, by the way, doesn't refer to Philly, but Camden, NJ. When I read what I posted above in the magazine, I was actually shocked, and as someone with a fairly serious addiction background, my shock surprised me.

The idea that purposely seeking out a potential deadly batch BECAUSE it's deadly is so, so awful. People living with that level of moment-to-moment impulse for self-destruction are in hell, trust.
    Kittylady likes this.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Camden is Philly. LOL Seriously it is just across the bridge. Most summer concerts listed as playing in Philly are actually in Camden, etc.

They did a segment on the Philly news last night showing we are now the heroin capital of the east coast. A moment of pride! But Camden gets to keep the title as the murder capital. They also said that it is now 65-75% pure and selling as low as $10 a baggie. It has been a long time problem that heroin usage is way up in remote places like Ephrata in Lancaster County. It is coming out of the city and destroying populations of bored teens in remote towns.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^^I know, the article pointed out that Camden and Philly were just a bridge apart. Didn't want to be inaccurate.
    sluce likes this.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

I think the uneccesary articles will stop now his funeral was held and hopefully now he can RIP and his family can put the pieces back together if that's even possible. It will be interesting to see how his legacy in the theatre community is honored. The plethora of movie actors at his funeral was nice but theatre seemed to be his real passion. I'm sure his theatre family will hold a fitting memorial for him.
    Bombshell likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Camden is Philly. LOL Seriously it is just across the bridge. Most summer concerts listed as playing in Philly are actually in Camden, etc.

They did a segment on the Philly news last night showing we are now the heroin capital of the east coast. A moment of pride! But Camden gets to keep the title as the murder capital. They also said that it is now 65-75% pure and selling as low as $10 a baggie. It has been a long time problem that heroin usage is way up in remote places like Ephrata in Lancaster County. It is coming out of the city and destroying populations of bored teens in remote towns.
    i live in Delaware and heroin is an issue here too. A former co-worker is now a paramedic and he said if there is an obit that doesn't mention a cause of death for a relatively young person, it's a good guess that it was heroin.

In Lake County Illinois, north of Chicago, the heroin deaths here are at an epidemic level too. There is a town called Lake Zurich, and at one point it had the highest percentage of heroin deaths in the country. There was some of the potent-laced stuff there too.

It scares the crap outta me. My son's best friend Peter struggled with heroin a few years back. He got clean, but has gone back a couple times. My son had to inform the parents about their son's addiction, and they put him in rehab. Not before Peter called my son and screamed at him for betraying him. Thank God he knew it was the drugs talking, and when Peter was done with rehab he thanked my son for letting the family know.

When I see these deaths though, I always think about Peter, and worry about him going back to it, and dying. I love that kid like he's my own..... Heroin is such an evil evil drug.

Philip Seymour Hoffman was so brilliant. Poor guy was so tortured by fucking heroins hold on him, even the love he had for his kids, and the passion he had for his acting, couldn't overcome that demon. So tragic. Hope he is finally at peace, and pray his family finds peace and comfort.

Card, Peter is very lucky to have a friend like your son. Not only for helping him get clean, but helping him get clean again and again. So much better to have a friend like your son to turn to.
    Bellatheball, card and Mrs P like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

After watching his poor young kids crying,his poor look alike son a fucking picture of grief and devastation,so lost in that ill fitting white shirt..God it made my heart bleed for them..so after watching his kids,i feel only anger at him..i am sorry.

I saw some of the photos from the memorial service. Can someone explain why the photographers had to focus on the kids so much? Why did they have to capture their grief? There were plenty of celebrities there so why not focus on them and let the children grieve in private.
    Kittylady likes this.

Thread Information