Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree509Likes

Thread: Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

Between the person who decided to publicize the photo of him passed out on the plane after his death, this story, and that last big article, I just really feel like this poor man is being violated. I know I know. He was famous.

It just feels wrong.
    card, ConstanceSpry and Kittylady like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

eh, that pic on the plane could have been anyone on the plane... this shit coming out now is personal and is being revealed by people he trusted. it IS wrong.
    card and Kittylady like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

mjw
    Elite Member

Philip Seymour Hoffman's friend on claims he told National Enquirer they were gay lovers: ‘I never said that, no

The screenwriter who found Philip Seymour Hoffman dead flatly denied a supermarket tabloid's claim that he and the doomed actor were lovers.

"I never said that, no," David Bar Katz said Wednesday after leaving the West Village apartment of Hoffman's longtime girlfriend, Mimi O'Donnell.

Katz's denial came after a friend of his ripped the National Enquirer report as a "vulgar and disgusting lie."

Speaking for Katz, the friend told the Daily News the tabloid made up the Katz interview and said he intends to take legal action.

"This is a categorical, 100% vulgar and disgusting lie," said the friend, who asked not to identified. "Even the National Enquirer should be ashamed. It's just disgusting. There will be legal action."

Katz, a close friend and creative collaborator, did not do any interview with the Enquirer, the friend insisted.

"He never spoke to them," he said. "This is so far off from reality. We're calling lawyers now to threaten them appropriately."

An English-accented man who identified himself as the "editor in chief" at the National Enquirer said "this is news to me" when reached by a Daily News reporter.

"As far as I know, the interview was done on Sunday by a staff reporter," he said.

When asked to confirm he was in fact Tony Frost, the British head honcho at the National Enquirer, the man said "I'll get right back to you."

Then he hung up.

In their story, the National Enquirer claimed Hoffman, who won an Oscar playing the title role in "Capote," fell off the wagon and began shooting up heroin because he was confused over his sexual identity.

"We were homosexual lovers," Katz said, according to the tab. "We had a relationship."

Katz then supposedly stated that he saw Hoffman shoot-up several times, "but I never thought his addiction had reached that level."

We were planning to go to the Super Bowl together and have a really nice day," he said, according to the tab. "This is so terrible."

It was Katz who discovered Hoffman dead of an apparent drug overdose on Sunday.

He had gone to Hoffman's rented West Village apartment to check up on his friend when the actor didn't show up at a nearby playground to see his three kids.

Katz, who has four kids of his own, was "like brothers" with Hoffman, his friend said.

Philip Seymour Hoffman's friend on claims he told National Enquirer they were gay lovers: ‘I never said that, no’ - NY Daily News

Oh dear Jebus not the shit if you play a gay role you must be gay shit again. GMAFB.
    mjw and Kittylady like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

and he did Broadway, so that automatic gay!

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

And he wasn't interested in 19-year-old women!
    Kittylady likes this.

Neil Patrick Harris is straight I tell ya!
    MohandasKGanja and Bombshell like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

And FABULOUSSSSS
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

His apartment was really messy, though, so that's one for the "straight" column.
    sluce, KrisNine, Bombshell and 1 others like this.

I'm sure he planned to tidy after the 7th baggie was injected.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

...painful about Amy's death is that I know that there is something I could have done. I could have passed on to her the solution that was freely given to me. Don't pick up a drink or drug, one day at a time. It sounds so simple
    passing an addict the solution is one thing, but in the end, it's totally up to them whether or not they want to accept it.
    witchcurlgirl and sluce like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    Philip Seymour Hoffman's friend on claims he told National Enquirer they were gay lovers: ‘I never said that, no

The screenwriter who found Philip Seymour Hoffman dead flatly denied a supermarket tabloid's claim that he and the doomed actor were lovers.

"I never said that, no," David Bar Katz said Wednesday after leaving the West Village apartment of Hoffman's longtime girlfriend, Mimi O'Donnell.

Katz's denial came after a friend of his ripped the National Enquirer report as a "vulgar and disgusting lie."

Speaking for Katz, the friend told the Daily News the tabloid made up the Katz interview and said he intends to take legal action.

"This is a categorical, 100% vulgar and disgusting lie," said the friend, who asked not to identified. "Even the National Enquirer should be ashamed. It's just disgusting. There will be legal action."

Katz, a close friend and creative collaborator, did not do any interview with the Enquirer, the friend insisted.

"He never spoke to them," he said. "This is so far off from reality. We're calling lawyers now to threaten them appropriately."

An English-accented man who identified himself as the "editor in chief" at the National Enquirer said "this is news to me" when reached by a Daily News reporter.

"As far as I know, the interview was done on Sunday by a staff reporter," he said.

When asked to confirm he was in fact Tony Frost, the British head honcho at the National Enquirer, the man said "I'll get right back to you."

Then he hung up.

In their story, the National Enquirer claimed Hoffman, who won an Oscar playing the title role in "Capote," fell off the wagon and began shooting up heroin because he was confused over his sexual identity.

"We were homosexual lovers," Katz said, according to the tab. "We had a relationship."

Katz then supposedly stated that he saw Hoffman shoot-up several times, "but I never thought his addiction had reached that level."

We were planning to go to the Super Bowl together and have a really nice day," he said, according to the tab. "This is so terrible."

It was Katz who discovered Hoffman dead of an apparent drug overdose on Sunday.

He had gone to Hoffman's rented West Village apartment to check up on his friend when the actor didn't show up at a nearby playground to see his three kids.

Katz, who has four kids of his own, was "like brothers" with Hoffman, his friend said.

Philip Seymour Hoffman's friend on claims he told National Enquirer they were gay lovers: ‘I never said that, no’ - NY Daily News

I have never met PSH but we have a friend in common. I spent the first half of my life working in theatre and PSH worked with a dear friend of mine I met in theatre 20 years ago. Phil was very heavily involved in the local theatre in NY and not just Broadway. I know my friend is devastated right now and when I saw this National Enquirer article I was shocked because David not only worked with my friend he is highly respected in that theatre community and a close friend of PSH. It doesnt make sense he would sell a story to a tabloid right after finding his friend's body. PSH can't RIP without low life's looking to make a buck of him. I hope he sues the pants off NE.
    sprynkles likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

fgg

^so were they gay lovers or not? you only said that it doesn't make sense that he would sell a story right after finding PSH's body.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I know it is the NE but it doesn't make sense for them to pull the whole thing from their ass. Making up a story is one thing, but a whole interview with quotes? I don't know, it seems strange..

mjw
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I know it is the NE but it doesn't make sense for them to pull the whole thing from their ass. Making up a story is one thing, but a whole interview with quotes? I don't know, it seems strange..
    I've seen shit like this happen several times with celeb gossip. There was a recent article on Miley Cyrus that published fake quotes about her dissing Beyonce.

The year of Miley Cyrus is so not over yet.
    In the first hours of 2014, we're hearing about a nascent feud with Beyoncé that may not be a real feud and may actually be a media invention aimed at linking two names that dominated 2013.
    The media making something up? Imagine that.
    Here's the rundown: Miley, 21, appears on the March cover of a British magazine called Love (if you've never heard of it, get in line).
    Supposedly, a leaked copy of the cover story has her saying impolitic things about how Beyoncé lost her edge and her figure by having a baby, 2-year-old daughter Blue Ivy, and how she, Miley, is ready to take over as the new queen.
    "As Beyoncé grows in motherhood and all the crap it does to your body, it will create a vacuum for fresh young faces to rise up and no one else can properly fill that void right now," she's quoted as saying. "I got the total package, you know, the curves, the rhythm, and the voice. I'm just the best."
    A clutch of websites, including HollywoodLife.com, the Daily Mail and Us Weekly, jumped on this today because it would be news if she really did say it, absurd as it sounds.
    But she didn't say it, she protested in exasperated tweets today. We can't print everything she said on her Twitter feed but here's the link, and suffice to say she accused a "liar" of making the whole thing up.

"That quote people MADE UP about Beyonce just made me lol! Imagine if I said I got 'the looks and the curves I'm just better!' Hahahahhaha," she tweeted. And later, "making the liar retract the statement. U can cause ALOT of drama but NOT between me & B!"
    Soon after her tweets appeared, the original stories about Miley dissing B disappeared from various websites. Instead, new stories appeared about Mileydenying it.
    Miley Cyrus says she did not diss Beyonce
    Other Examples-

German 'lifestyle' mag apologizes for fake celebrity interviews

Kanye West Slams Nelson Mandela Comparisons As 'False' After Fake Interview Goes Viral - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise
    Sarzy likes this.

Thread Information