Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pete Doherty scheduled for early release; strapped drug dealers weep with joy

Pete Doherty walked free from prison today brandishing a certificate that said he was clean of drugs.

The Babyshambles singer, 29, said he was glad to be out after serving just 29 days of a 14-week sentence for breaching his probation, and showed the waiting media a medical certificate which said he was drug-free.
    Yet again the law has smiled on him by setting him free early from prison. Scroll down for more...
    Clean: Pete Doherty leaves prison clutching his certificate

Doherty, who emerged from Wormwood Scrubs prison in west London at 7.10am dressed in a suit and tie and wearing a plastic bead necklace, was as full of himself as ever in spite of his time inside.
    As he walked through the prison's exit, Doherty said, confusingly: "Thank you Mrs Thatcher for putting me in the company of the most dangerous criminals in the country."
    Smoking a cigarette, he told the waiting media he was pleased to be out, and was looking forward to having a rum and coke and spending some time with his pet cats.
    He said he was “buzzing” to be free, adding: “I feel great — I've walked out and I don't feel like I want to score. I want to go for a nice walk in the park instead.”
    Doherty, who had a very public relationship with supermodel Kate Moss until his drug abuse got out of hand, has previously even been forced to deny allegations that he had fed crack to one of his cats.
    But he seemed pleased enough to meet the media upon his release, borrowing a reporter's phone to call a friend to come and pick him up.
    He described prison life as "a lot of gangsters and Radio 4" and showed the waiting media a certificate confirming that he had passed a drugs test while inside. Scroll down for more...
    Back home: Doherty at the property he is renting in Wiltshire

Asked if reports that he had taken heroin whilst inside were true, he replied: "Well, I knew it was going to be a bit rough to start with, with the overcrowding and the medical facilities although they do their best - they are good, they can't really cater for the average junkie..."
    The certificate shows Pete passed drugs tests

His release caused such a stir with passing motorists that a bus and a lorry shunted into each other outside the prison causing a long traffic jam.

He said he had kept a journal while inside and displayed doodles and sketches he had penned in his cell.

Doherty used his release to tell the media that one of the people he had met inside prison was innocent and had been jailed for a crime that someone else had confessed to.
    He said he would now be returning to his rented home in Marlborough in Wiltshire - where he moved to from east London in a so far failed bid to get away from drug-abusing friends.
    He was then pursued by the press down the main road outside the prison before being finally picked up in a car understood to be driven by a music journalist.
    The Babyshambles singer was jailed last month by district judge Davinder Lachhar at West London magistrates court.
    Scroll down for more...
    Free: Pete leaves Wormwood Scrubs prison

The decision came after Doherty was handed a four-month suspended jail sentence in October for possessing crack cocaine, heroin, ketamine and cannabis.
    The judge said the singer was often late or missed probation appointments altogether and had used different drugs.
    Doherty had been serving his sentence in segregation after claims that other prisoners had plotted to attack him.

In September 2003, Doherty was given a six-month jail sentence after admitting burgling the home of his former Libertines band mate Carl Barat.
    His release means Doherty is free to play on the Park stage at the Glastonbury Festival in Somerset later next month - and although it means his faltering career could again be kick started, few would bet on him remaining drug-free.
    Good to be back: The singer enjoys a drink at his countryside home

Pete Doherty walks free from jail with certificate that proves he is clean of drugs... and heads home for a drink | the Daily Mail

I think I'll print out a certificate for myself stating that for 24 hours after being completely fucking laid out from surgery, I had no booze or pot in my system. And then I'll show it to everyone and frame it. Then I'll go home and get tanked. Yay for me.

Ludicrous.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Somebody start the relapse countdown clock.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information