Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Penny Marshall diagnosed with brain tumor Update: RIP

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I had no idea. I love Jumping Jack Flash.
    me too. My favorite line “I’m a little black woman in a big silver box!”

Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

I met Penny and Robin Williams when they filmed Awakenings on my block. (the scene where Deniro climbs the big rock at the beach)

She was really a lovely woman. She heard one of the little girls in the neighborhood singing during a break. Penny cane over and on the spot told Katie’s mom she wanted her to sing on the soundtrack

Katie sings the song playing during the end credits. Paid her enough to go to college and buy a house.

^That’s such a lovely story.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I loved Awakenings. And Jumping Jack Flash - I was all over that Jonathan Pryce.

I loved Awakenings and remember writing a paper about it in one of my college classes. What a great story about her.
    bootspaige likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Who doesn't love A League of Their of Own? Even though it's a movie centered around women's sports, I feel like it's a movie loved by both men and women. To me that's quite a feat, since women's sports gets shit on so much. Plus it's Madonna's only good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by electrocuted_sheep View Post
    Who doesn't love A League of Their of Own? Even though it's a movie centered around women's sports, I feel like it's a movie loved by both men and women. To me that's quite a feat, since women's sports gets shit on so much. Plus it's Madonna's only good movie.
    I actually watched it to the end for the first time about 6 months ago. It' a very good movie, with a large and talented cast and works as a human interest movie as much as a sports movie. In that way, it's a lot like "Eight Men Out" a baseball movie by John Sayles that had a huge ensemble cast, and was even set around the same time period, I think. In "League", I liked the competition between Geena Davis and Lori Petty, and the pretty realistic and bittersweet way that it played out.

That movie had a lot of sweet moments. The scene between the father and daughter, when she was just about to go and leave to play baseball. The moment in the locker room when one of them found out their husband had died. If you look online as well, there's a deleted scene where Geena Davis's and Tom Hanks's characters kiss. But I hated the ending; the Peaches should've won. Kit was a giant brat.

I blubbered through it last night.

My nitpick with it is the end, where Geena Davis CLEARLY tags Lori Petty out with the ball, THEN drops it. I played ball for years (part of it as a catcher) and I'm a baseball fan. She has the ball in her possession for a long enough period of time to complete the "out", THEN she drops it. But I didn't direct it.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

Jumping Jack Flash was a movie that would put my parents in absolute hysterics. I thought it was a funny movie, but I was much more amused at seeing my parents practically crying while watching it.

fgg

Actress and director Penny Marshall, who passed away earlier this month, died of heart failure resulting from heart disease and diabetes.

According to her death certificate, which was obtained by Page Six via The Blast on Monday, Marshall had been suffering from atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and diabetes mellitus type 1.

https://pagesix.com/2018/12/31/penny...eath-revealed/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information