Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Peaches Geldof dies aged 25

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I don't know why this makes me so sad, but it does. This family seems to have a dark cloud over it.
    Because it just plain sucks, you know? Anyone who is twenty five is just too young to have it all end. Add in two very small kids and it's just...heart wrenching.

I understand where you are coming from. I too am someone who really only followed her here, though I know her parents (and Michael's) story. But she was only a blip on my gossip radar.

And yet I'm still so very sad for her family and friends. 25. That's fucking rough.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Bronze Member

I just clicked into one of the "similar threads" listed below and read the Peaches Geldof thread in the Just Plain Scary section. I guess I should have looked around this site a little more before I signed up. Almost every post in that thread, and the subject of every quoted article, is insulting this young person's looks. The comments are all mean and merciless. I think criticism like that, in real life or on the internet, is cruel.
    Last edited by Gisela; April 8th, 2014 at 02:32 AM.

A*O

Maybe this isn't the place for you then. We can be pretty snarky it's true and don't tone it down in case someone dies later.
    sluce, cheray, aggie and 1 others like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I had a soft spot for this girl. She just seemed like a very sad and confused person. The pictures she posted of her little guys , were just adorable. She seemed like a loving mom to her boys. Very sad situation, gone much too soon.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    Because it just plain sucks, you know? Anyone who is twenty five is just too young to have it all end. Add in two very small kids and it's just...heart wrenching.

I understand where you are coming from. I too am someone who really only followed her here, though I know her parents (and Michael's) story. But she was only a blip on my gossip radar.

And yet I'm still so very sad for her family and friends. 25. That's fucking rough.
    Yes. This. Poor kid. And poor babies. I'm genuinely surprised and sorry; I knew her family history was rotten but never would have thought Peaches would check out so soon. I kinda liked her, honestly--she seemed strangely sweet.
    MmeVertigina and manningmsj like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Gisela View Post
    I just clicked into one of the "similar threads" listed below and read the Peaches Geldof thread in the Just Plain Scary section. I guess I should have looked around this site a little more before I signed up. Almost every post in that thread, and the subject of every quoted article, is insulting this young person's looks. The comments are all mean and merciless. I think criticism like that, in real life or on the internet, is cruel.
    Most of us here think it's pretty sad that a 25 year old woman died. She was a wife, mother, sister and daughter. Still, we are a gossip site and the nature of gossip tends to be a little snarky. That doesn't mean that people who made fun of her (which probably includes me) wished her harm or death.

Officers searching Peaches Geldof's house last night after her tragic death found no evidence of hard drugs, no suicide note, and no visible signs of injury, it has been claimed.

The married mother of two young sons was found dead yesterday afternoon - just a few hours after she posted a picture of herself with her late mother Paula Yates on Instagram.

Police found the 25-year-old's body at home in Wrotham, Kent, at 1.35pm, and described the death as 'sudden' and 'unexplained'.
    Police say death of Peaches Geldof at 25 is not suspicious | Mail Online
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

That's a dumb headline, isn't it? I know what they mean, but IMO any death of a 25 year old is always suspicious.
    Novice and holly like this.

A*O

"Suspicious" is police speak for "foul play" so in this case they seem to be saying accident, suicide or natural causes. I know it's hard to comprehend the depths of despair that would lead someone to take their own life, but those little boys need their mum, especially one who knows first hand the pain of losing her own mother so young.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I can't stop thinking of the scene from Steel Magnolias where Julia Roberts falls over and her toddler is there...

So sad.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Gisela View Post
    Oh well, you really should have done due diligence before signing up.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

It's probably wrong that I'm now going to toddle on over and read the mean shit... thanks for directing me there, Gisela! *kisses*

ETA: I'm calling "bullshit". That was hardly mean at all. Honey, if Leann Rimes dies, come back and say something. Or Brandi Glanville or Tori fucking Spelling. Those are people we've let have it. NOT this girl. She barely blipped the radar and when she did, she deserved it...
    MsDark and eva like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

how sad, i'm seriously shocked and had to re-read the headline this morning. her poor babies and family.

if they say there was no suicide note, no drugs found and that it was "sudden and unexplained", doesn't this indicate a medical issue? if she had killed herself with drugs/pills/a rope etc., wouldn't the police use different wording?
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

No. There's orotocols to reporting suicide for most media outlets. The media and the police (in the UK and Australia anyway) rarely lay it out clearly. Oblique terms like "sudden and unexpected death" are used.

So could be natural causes, OD or suicide.

Sad.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

It's looking more and more like it might be something like a heart attack. I'm only posting part of the article as a lot of it is a rehash but the full one is at the link.

************************************************** *********************************************
    Peaches sparked health concerns over her dramatic weight loss two years ago - prompting fears that she was risking 'acute cardiac arrest' by living off nothing but vegetable juices for weeks at a time.
    Speaking in 2011, before she gave birth to her two young sons less than 13 months apart, she claimed that she could lose as much as ten pounds in 4 weeks by following the diet.
    In an interview with OK! magazine, she said: 'I do juicing. You juice vegetables and then you drink it three times a day. It's gross. I do it usually for about a month.'

And of the pressure to be thin, she later added: 'I have days when I wake up and think, "I'm so fat."'
    At the time, Cath Collins, a spokeswoman for the British Dietetic Association, said: 'Surviving on fruit is a very dangerous diet.'

'Peaches is at high risk of electrolyte abnormalities which could lead to acute cardiac arrest.'

'Rapid dieting like this not only makes you lose muscle strength but wastes away your internal organs.'
    'It is what kills anorexics.’
    She responded to her worried fans on Twitter, after her dramatically transformed frame was revealed.
    She said: 'To those telling me I look skinny and to eat something, I can assure you I've just cut out eating crap.
    'I still eat like a horse.'
    During the interview, which came after she reportedly dropped around two stone in a year, she said: 'I have no willpower but with the juicing I'm like, 'I have to do it because I have to lose this extra ten pounds.'
    'I will lose it then I'm back going mental for the chips.'
    'I'll juice and then I eat chips.'

Read more: 'My beautiful baby sister... Gone but never forgotten. I love you, Peaches': Fifi Geldof's heartbreaking tribute as 'police find no drugs, suicide note, or visible signs of injury' | Mail Online
    rollo likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information