Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Peaches Geldof dies aged 25

Uh oh. And so it begins again?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

'I don’t feel in a place to perform publicly': Peaches Geldof's widower Thomas Cohen reveals he's cancelled his tour as he feels 'emotionally and mentally unstable'

By MAILONLINE REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 02:19, 1 October 2016 | UPDATED: 02:22, 1 October 2016

He has previously discussed how he overcame grief following his wife Peaches Geldof’s sudden passing.
    But widower Thomas Cohen has now cancelled his tour as he admitted on an Instagram post that he's 'emotionally and mentally unstable' following 'recent events.'
    Grappling with heartbreak, the 26-year-old musician, who previously opened up about the tragedy in his 2016 debut solo album Bloom Forever, revealed he doesn't 'feel in a place to perform publicly'.

+5

Announcement: Thomas Cohen has now cancelled his tour as he admitted he's 'emotionally and mentally unstable' following 'recent events' on Instagram

Although cancelling all his upcoming gigs, the former S.C.U.M. frontman added his hiatus from music is temporary.

He wrote: 'Announcement: Cancellation of all forthcoming shows…
    'Over the last few months, the experience of putting out my first album and talking about my recent events has taken more out of me than I anticipated.'

+5

Honest: Thomas announced he was cancelling his tour on Instagram in an honest post

'The truth is that I don’t feel in a place to perform publicly at the moment.'
    'I intend to take a small period of time out to primarily concentrate on new music and I hope to have news for you all very soon. Thanks for your understanding.'
    Before he added in a comment: 'Being emotionally and mentally unstable is attractive right?'

+5

Sudden: The rocker’s honest social media blast comes after he was left a widower and a single father to two sons in 2014 after his wife Peaches – daughter of Sir Bob Geldof – suffered a drug overdose aged 25

'Very sorry to anyone planning on coming to the shows I promise I will be back with a new show and new material very soon…'
    The rocker’s honest social media blast comes after he was left a widower and a single father to two sons in 2014 after his wife Peaches – daughter of Sir Bob Geldof – suffered a drug overdose aged 25.

+5

Tragic: The pair married in 2012 and welcomed two sons - Astala Dylan Willow Geldof-Cohen, 4, and Phaedra Bloom Forever Cohen, 4 – before she tragically passed away two years later

Speaking to the Sunday Times Magazine earlier this year, Cohen said losing his wife was 'traumatising' but that he reached the point where he thought, 'I don't want to stay in this place anymore'.
    He spoke openly about how he turned to therapy and transcendental meditation to work through the grief.
    He also revealed that music played a 'huge' part in his recovery. Cohen has documented his journey in his first solo album, Bloom Forever, which was written in the period surrounding Peaches' death.
    One of the songs, New Morning Comes, was written about the love and support he received from friends and family, including the Geldofs.

Purpose: Speaking to the Sunday Times Magazine earlier this year, Cohen said losing his wife was 'traumatising'

Read more: Peaches Geldof's widower Thomas Cohen reveals he's cancelled his tour | Daily Mail Online

i'm sorry but those children look very derpy in that last photo. i'm sure they are little adorable things otherwise.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Where is Belt Up? I miss her around here.

She hasn't been here since June. Where is she?

Elite Member

So, drugs? How long before these babies are orphaned and left to be raised by sir bob, poor darlings. Rinse repeat, I fear. (Sorry, I got my Sunday gloom on).

Twins? Is the article right, both kids are 4?
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

^Just googled it: Astala was born 21. April 2012 and Phaedra was born 24. April 2013.

Irish twins.
    Seapharris7 likes this.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

Poor Peaches.
    She was just coming into her own and looking quite beautiful and happy in those pics.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Well, she was looking thin which was one of the reasons she was doing drugs. Anyway, her sister Pixie has apparently released an album. Maybe she will tour it instead.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

Just checked out youtube for Pixie and quite surprised she's isn't too bad.

rollo likes this.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread Information