Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Peaches Geldof dies aged 25

That debt could have been anything, a mortgage or a business loan. I owe more than her.

I hope Culottes isn't a junkie too. She seemed to have cleaned herself up around the time they got together so for the sake of those little boys I hope he's just a culottes-wearing hipster and not a smackie.
    lindsaywhit and sputnik like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^ Yeah, it could have been anything but a drug habit is expensive.
    arie_skop, kasippu and snoopqueen like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I gasped when I saw this thread this morning. I think I always do when there's a celeb death here. Then I saw the page count and lol'ed. So, still dead. I wonder how her babies are doing?

Elite Member

Thomas Cohen breaks silence on late wife Peaches Geldof

Thomas Cohen breaks silence on late wife Peaches Geldof

hello magazine UK, 4 days ago

© Provided by Hello Magazine UK

Thomas Cohen paid a touching tribute to his late wife Peaches Geldof as he took to the stage for his first solo gig. The 25-year-old might have moved on romantically, but he proved that Peaches – the mother of his two children – is still very much in his heart as he performed to an intimate crowd.

It is the first time that Tom has opened up about his heartache since Peaches passed away from a drugs overdose two years ago, leaving behind sons Phaedra and Astala, now three and two.

According to the Mirror, he told the crowd that one song was about living in Kent – where he and Peaches had a home. It included the lyrics: "You couldn't make it through. Time to say goodbye. Holding onto each other and sing to one another, everyone knows the house feels so cold. Just to say goodbye."

In another track, he reportedly sang: "Sleeping alone, it's hard to go on in our country home, where we belong. Sing to me one last time. Your sun is still shining. Hold my hand as the sea become a storm."

Among those watching Tom perform were Peaches' sister Pixie Geldof, as well as the musician’s new girlfriend Daisy Lowe.

Tom and Daisy are thought to have become close during a New Year's holiday with mutual friends, including Alexa Chung, Nick Grimshaw and Pixie, and been pictured together in recent weeks.

(© Provided by Hello Magazine UK) Thomas Cohen, Daisy Lowe.

Meanwhile, Peaches' father Bob Geldof has admitted he felt angry with his daughter following her untimely death. "At the time, with Peaches I mean, immediately afterwards, I was extremely angry with her and probably that was the energy you discerned, it wasn't a positive thing at all," he candidly told the Mirror.

Speaking about both Peaches and her mother Paula Yates, who also died from a heroin overdose, he added: "I watch against myself getting drippy or soppy or sentimental about either of them, although I loved them to the core of my soul and still do.

"I'm not incontinent with my blubbing but when the need arises, I do. I think male crying is somehow different, it seems to come and last a bit, and then it goes."

it's crazy to me that this guy is only 25 and he's already a widower with 2 kids.
    KrisNine, arie_skop and Sassiness like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Aw man, I feel for Preaches' dad. Well, all of them. That has to be tough and I understand why he was angry for awhile, choosing a high over two babies is hard to understand.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    it's crazy to me that this guy is only 25 and he's already a widower with 2 kids.
    I was thinking the same thing. I was sort of shocked when I read that he was 25 and that she died two years ago.
    arie_skop and sputnik like this.

Peaches was in a hurry to grow up/be like her mother and would have kept on having babies. I'm really not sure what he does, other than play at being an amateur musician and hit the tabloids or Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Peaches was in a hurry to grow up/be like her mother and would have kept on having babies. I'm really not sure what he does, other than play at being an amateur musician and hit the tabloids or Instagram.
    he goes after troubled it girls with big trust funds?
    and yeah she seemed like the type of woman who likes popping out one kid after the other but then probably doesn't do much in terms of raising them and is like some kind of woman-child who still needs to be looked after too.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yeah, but I guess she would have said she was the one making the money by calling the paps every five minutes and Instagramming all day long. It's disturbing to see he is starting the daily pap strolls again with Daisy Lowe.
    Mrs P likes this.

Is Daisy the girl that found out that Gavin Rossdale is her father?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Yes ma'am.
    sluce likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Anyone whose job description is "It Girl" doesn't really bode well for the two young kids.... nor does the part time muso Dad I guess.

'I refused to become a traumatised, grief-stricken single father': Thomas Cohen on the death of his wife Peaches Geldof from a heroin overdose and how her 'sweet' family has helped him cope

• Thomas Cohen found wife Peaches Geldof collapsed in their Kent home
    • He has revealed that he has overcome his grief in the years since her death
    • The musician said 'sweet' Bob Geldof and the family have helped him cope
    • Added that caring for his young sons gave him purpose after the tragedy

By STEPHANIE LINNING FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 10:37, 3 April 2016 | UPDATED: 12:55, 3 April 2016

Peaches Geldof's widower has spoken about his devastating loss and how he has overcome his grief with the help of his late wife's family.
    Thomas Cohen, the father of Peaches' two young sons, said Bob Geldof and his daughters have supported him in the two years since his wife's death, describing their relationship as 'very close'.
    The musician, 25, also revealed that caring for his children gave him a sense of purpose in the months after the tragedy, saying he 'refused to become a traumatised, grief-stricken single father'.

+5

Trauma: Musician Thomas Cohen discovered his wife slumped over a bed in their Kent home following her accidental heroin overdose. Pictured, the couple at a premiere in Jan 2014, just three months before her death

+

'Very close': Cohen in London last month with his two sons and Bob Geldof, who he describes as 'very sweet'

Cohen was just 23 when he discovered his 25-year-old wife collapsed at their country home in Kent following an accidental heroin overdose.
    Speaking to the Sunday Times Magazine, Cohen said losing his wife was 'traumatising' but that he reached the point where he thought, 'I don't want to stay in this place anymore'.
    He spoke openly about how he turned to therapy and transcendental meditation to work through the grief.

He also revealed that music played a 'huge' part in his recovery. Cohen has documented his journey in his first solo album, Bloom Forever, which was written in the period surrounding Peaches' death.
    One of the songs, New Morning Comes, was written about the love and support he received from friends and family, including the Geldofs.
    In the interview, Cohen described Bob Geldof as 'very sweet' and says he sees Peaches' sister Pixie, 25, and half-sister Tiger Lily, 19, like his own sisters.

+5

Purpose: Cohen said that caring for his sons Phaedra and Astala (who turn four and three this month) kept him going after his wife's death. Pictured, the family together in December 2013

+

Support: Cohen said he sees Peaches' sister Pixie, 25, and half-sister Tiger Lily, 19, like his own sisters. Pictured, Cohen with his sons and Bob and Pixie Geldof in London last month

The family have often been seen out together, showing how involved the Geldofs are in the lives of Peaches' sons, Phaedra and Astala, who turn three and four this month.
    The revelations come a week after Bob Geldof admitted he wrote the 'downsides of being alive' in a list following the death of his daughter in April 2014.
    He also revealed he decided to phone a friend - who told him not to be 'f***ing stupid' - to discuss the 'rationally irrational' behaviour.
    The 64-year-old told the Sunday Independent: 'I’d make lists and keep working at the writing of those lists until the upside overwhelmed the downside.
    'In my case I wrote down "what’s the upside of being alive?" And "what’s the downside of it?"

+5

Devastating: Bob Geldof has previously admitted he wrote the 'downsides of being alive' following the death of Peaches in April 2014. Pictured, father and daughter together in February 2009

'Was it ever very serious? Overall, no. In that moment though, perhaps it was.'

The comments come five months after Geldof said he found the tragic incident, which saw Peaches overdose on heroin, 'unbearable'.
    He revealed he 'half-expected' her death, adding to RTE Radio 1: 'The way she was carrying on, there's nothing you can do about it.'
    The musician has also previously described how he goes ‘over and over’ the incident, wondering if he could have saved her.

Read more: Peaches Geldof's musician widower describes for the first time how 'sweet' Bob and her sisters helped him get over the grief of her drugs deathÂ* | Daily Mail Online

I get the anger thing. My younger brother died of a heroin overdose a little over two months ago. He had been sober for 7 months and going to NA meeting nearly every day. He'd even gone to one the night before his death. It's hard when someone so young and has so much going for them decides to go down that road. I think sometimes it's easier to be mad then sad.
    effie2, sprynkles, Trixie and 9 others like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Thread Information