Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Peaches Geldof dies aged 25

I'm not disrespecting anybody, but that coffin reminds me of something my grandmother would do to crack us all up at her funeral. She would paint it before her death just to make sure we were all laughing instead of crying. We are emotional infants in my family, and do not handle sadness very well.
    SHELLEE and chartreuse like this.

There's an article here about looking for her supplier (same issue as Philip Seymour Hoffman) and an update about her boys if anyone can post it:

Police 'closing in' on drug dealer who sold Peaches Geldof lethal batch of heroin which killed her | Mail Online
    DeliriumTremens likes this.

Bronze Member

What Rollo couldn't post.
    Police 'closing in' on drug dealer who sold Peaches Geldof fatal batch of high-grade heroin

• Officers identified a 'handful' of suspects who could have sold her the drug
    • Peaches found dead in April by her 23-year-old husband Thomas Cohen
    • Next to the mother-of-two’s body was a sweet box containing a used syringe
    • Mr Cohen told an inquest that Peaches had been battling to stay clean
    • Supplies found in the house by police were 61 per cent pure

By Tara Brady

+5

Police believed to be 'closing in' on the drug dealer who sold Peaches Geldof the heroin that killed her

Police are 'closing in' on the drug dealer who sold Peaches Geldof the heroin that killed her.
    It is believed officers have identified a 'handful' of suspects who could have sold her the drug.
    Peaches was found dead in her home in April by her 23-year-old husband, musician Thomas Cohen.

Returning from a weekend away, he found her slumped on a bed, her lifeless body covered in needle marks.
    The couple’s son, Phaedra, who she had been looking after, was also in the house.
    Next to the mother-of-two’s body was a sweet box containing a used syringe, with a pair of knotted tights, apparently used as a tourniquet, the inquest heard.

Mr Cohen told the hearing that the young mother, who had been battling to stay clean from drugs, had relapsed in February and was hiding heroin in the loft.
    Supplies found in the house by police were 61 per cent pure, more than twice the level of purity of commonly traded street heroin which was worth about up to £550.

Tragically, just a few hours before her death, Peaches had posted a picture of herself and her mother on Instagram, with the caption: ‘Me and my mum.’

The TV presenter died of a heroin overdose when Peaches was 11. Her youngster daughter Tiger Lily was at her side when Miss Yates was found.

It is believed officers are now preparing to arrest suspects they believe gave Peaches the heroin.

More...

A source told the Sunday Mirror: 'The astonishingly high purity levels of the drug are a major concern
    and mean that somebody is selling heroin at a strength that is well capable of killing again.
    'They have to be found and they have to be stopped.'

+5

Peaches Geldof with her sons, Phaedra and Astala before she took a lethal dose of heroin which killed her

According to reports last week, her widower Thomas Cohen has not returned to the £1million country home they shared in Wrotham, Kent, because he has been left so traumatised by her death.
    The inquest into her death this week heard how Mr Cohen, 24, found his wife slumped dead on a bed with puncture marks and 79 syringes and burnt spoons were scattered in their home.
    She had been looking after their baby son Phaedra, who was left alone for up to 17 hours.

+5

Just a few hours before her death, Peaches had posted a picture of herself and her mother on Instagram

Mr Cohen gave evidence on last Wednesday at the inquest into the 25-year-old's death.

North West Kent Coroner Roger Hatch said the television presenter, model and journalist had been trying to wean herself off drugs and was clean five months before she died.

She had been prescribed the heroin substitute methadone to cure her addiction.
    Mr Cohen, who was the singer in the band S.C.U.M., paid tribute to his wife of 19 months after she
    died.

+5

Grieving: Thomas Cohen, husband of Peaches Geldof, leaving the inquest into his wife's death in Kent last week

+5

Investigation: Police officers at the home of Peaches Geldof in Wrotham, Kent, where her body was found

He said: 'My beloved wife Peaches was adored by myself and her two sons Astala and Phaedra and I shall bring them up with their mother in their hearts everyday.

'We shall love her forever.'
    Meanwhile, the sisters of Peaches have stepped in to help raise her two sons.

Pixie, 23, Tiger Lily, 17, and Fifi Trixibelle, 31, are rallying around Peaches' husband and spending as much time as they can with their nephews.

A family friend told the Sunday People: 'It's really impressive how the sisters have taken on the roll of caring for the boys. Peaches would be so proud.'
    The boys are living with Mr Cohen's parents Sue and Keith in Eltham, south-east London, but Peaches' sisters are regular visitors who often take them out, read them stories or watch programmes with them.

Scotland Yard, Kent Police and the National Crime Association are working together to investigate Peaches' death.

Thanks, Delirium Tremens (good name btw!)
    DeliriumTremens likes this.

i'm not stalking you rollo, but i have to say i giggled when you 'liked' effie's dead for 15 hours with a crawling baby post. that's like when someone says on facebook 'my grandma died' and people like it. lol. i know you don't like what happened but it's still funny.

there should be a 'like', 'dislike', and 'i respect your opinion, man' button.
    rockchick, Belt Up, effie2 and 5 others like this.

Oh yeah, I just meant I liked Effie's observation. The situation itself is .
    Annika and Jazzy like this.

Holy shit, it's been said before, but really--fuck Culottes for leaving the youngest with her when he knew she was "struggling" and was hiding heroin in the loft. From the article linked above:

As many as 80 syringes, stashes of heroin and burned spoons were found in the young mother’s £1 million country home in Kent, the inquest heard.

Bombshell, Belt Up, effie2 and 2 others like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Culottes sure does look like a young Bob Geldof in this picture.

I'd imagine he is/was a user, as well.
    chartreuse, effie2 and Belt Up like this.

I hope that's not true. Sir Bob may end up raising his grandkids soon.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I think YOUNG is the operative word. Far too young to be having babies and dumping them on the grandparents. So much for 'attachment parenting ....'
    Jazzy and Belt Up like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    So much for 'attachment parenting ....'
    I know, just cannot get over the `I am a better mother then you, I never leave my baby`Yeah not even while shooting up. And if 80 syringes where found, it can hardly be described as a recent relapse.
    sprynkles likes this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriumTremens View Post

I can't find anything about it online but the scars on her right arm above the bicep tattoo plus the one on her thigh in the picture below make think she was a cutter or burner.

She seemed to have a horrible lifestyle from junk food to not eating but never working out.

Elite Member

Peaches Geldof had £450,000 debts when she died from a drug overdose

Peaches Geldof had £450,000 debts when she died from a drug overdose - 3am & Mirror Online

• 22:00, 2 Dec 2015
    • Updated 00:56, 3 Dec 2015
    • By Tom Bryant , Sarah Limbrick

(Getty) Widower Thomas Cohen with Peaches Geldof

Peaches Geldof owed about £450,000 at the time of her death from a drug overdose, the Mirror can reveal.

The socialite daughter of Live Aid hero Sir Bob Geldof left no will but details of her estate have now emerged.

Her gross estate was £884,274 but this was reduced to £394,630 after her debts and outstanding affairs were settled.

Under intestacy laws, £250,000 goes to her musician husband Thomas Cohen. The rest is split between him and their two sons Astala, three, and Phaedra, two. It is not known what the debts relate to.

Peaches, 25, was found dead in her home at Wrotham, Kent, in April last year. A post-mortem found heroin in her system.

(Getty) Peaches with her father, Sir Bob Geldof

She had achieved success as a journalist and also as the writer and presenter of two reality TV programmes.

Besides modelling for lingerie brand Agent Provocateur and being the face of Australian fashion line Dotti, she signed a reported six-figure sum in 2009 to front the Miss Ultimo underwear range, though she was later dropped.

Details of her finances come the day after her rock star father, worth £35million, revealed he “half-expected” her death because of “the way she was carrying on”.

Peaches’ mother Paula Yates died from a heroin overdose aged 41 in 2000, four years after she and Sir Bob divorced.

The Boomtown Rats singer, 64, said: “My daughter is with me every second of the day and she’s the one who bounds into my consciousness at any moment, especially when I’m not doing something.”

Thread Information