Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Peaches Geldof dies aged 25

Lola, the autopsy was inconclusive so they did a toxicology. The toxicology was never inconclusive.

Peaches did breastfeed apparently. Oy.
    WhateverLolaWants likes this.

Ah, I see. That makes more sense to me.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

mjw
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's true about paraphernalia being removed from the house as this was pretty clearly covered up from the beginning. If she died of an overdose, they would have known it almost right away. Drug panels do not take weeks. More like a day.
    Somebody removed the drugs but left the baby there with his dead mother?

Obviously NOT. Whoever removed the drugs most likely called the cops and stayed with the baby until they arrived. It's pretty easy to flush shit down the toilet while dialing 911 (999) whatever.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Obviously NOT. Whoever removed the drugs most likely called the cops and stayed with the baby until they arrived. It's pretty easy to flush shit down the toilet while dialing 911 (999) whatever.

i woke up, i found her, that's all i know...
    Sarzy, DeChayz, Karistiona and 2 others like this.

No matter how she died it is still a tragedy for those babies and her family. Would an ED really have been much better at the end of the day? Still an addictive behavior. I hope the rest of her family will finally get this demon off their back.
    manningmsj likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

It's possible that she had been clean all the time she was pregnant and with the children. This could have been a relaspe. I don't like Bob because of all the other stuff, but I have a lot of empathy and sympathy for him. It's not easy having a child who is an addict. But he knew the gene pool was there. I can't really hit him with that either or anything else. It could have easily been mine. Still could if a relapse happens. The whole damn thing is sad and saddier that it happens every day somewhere. It really pisses me off that lives are totally destroyed by this shit. And it is just crazy how can innocently enough start out with a fucking dental procedure as a teen that can start the nightmare. There really isn't enough done to prevent this. Sorry I rambled on. Addiction has been a real bitch to my family.
    ManxMouse, Shinola and manningmsj like this.

My sympathy kind of went out the window when thinking that seriously, you've got to get fucked up with your BABY? I just can't with this...
    I mean, I do find it terribly sad, her addiction issues and whatever it is inside people that drives them to self-destruct. But not being able to be straight while caring for your infant/toddler? SMH
    Sarzy, rollo and kasippu like this.
    It's really human of you to listen to all my bullshit.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Or advocate attachment parenting, please do not tell me she was a junkie and breastfeeding?
    this might have been one of those cases in which AP was more for the mom than for the kid. always gotta consider the source ....

Eh, the source was using 'attachment parenting' as a way to get 'motherhood' gigs to fund her drug habit, just like her mother did. This could have gone on for years and could have had an even worse outcome. People close to her are definitely covering up.

of course they're covering up. can anyone here be sure they wouldn't do the same in their position? it's human nature to want to protect your loved ones, even in death.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

That's not what I meant. I meant that she was the breadwinner so her family turned a blind eye to her shenanigans. If I believed in all her parenting mythology (which I didn't) I would be disappointed and cynical about her PR.

On another note, Bob Geldof and Jeanne Marine have finally got engaged.

Bob Geldof engaged: Musician proposes to French actress Jeanne Marine following death of daughter Peaches Geldof

The musician has proposed to his long-term partner

ELLA ALEXANDER

Thursday 01 May 2014

Bob Geldof is engaged.

He is soon to marry his girlfriend of 18 years, French actress Jeanne Marine.
    Her close friend, the supermodel Jerry Hall, confirmed the news - which was announced the same day as it was revealed that his late daughter Peaches died of a heroin overdose.

BREAKING: RESULTS OF PEACHES GELDOF INQUEST HEARD

The 49-year-old met the Boomtown Rats singer at a dinner party in Paris.
    “Bob has proposed,” Hall told the Daily Mail. “She is over the moon. Jeanne Marine has been a rock and a tower of strength over this. I’m so excited for her I am bursting to tell someone.
    “Bob and Jeanne have been through hell, but they are determined something positive will come out of it. After all the sadness, we need something to focus on which will bring joy and light.”
    Marine has featured in films such as Braveheart and Possession, in which she acted alongside Gwyneth Paltrow.

Geldof has been married once before to Paula Yates in 1986, but they divorced in 1996 after she left him for Michael Hutchence. Hutchence took his own life in 1997 and she died of a heroin overdose four years later in 2000.
    They had three children together, Peaches, Pixie and Fifi. The musician also adopted Tiger Lily, the daughter Yates had with Hutchence, believing that it was better that she grow up with her half-sisters.
    Peaches Geldof was found dead on 7 April , aged 25. A coroner’s report is expected to reveal today (1 May) that the cause of her death was a heroin overdose – the same drug that killed her mother. It is not known who supplied the drugs and there was no evidence of illegal substances when her body was first found in her Wrotham home. Until now, the reason for her death has been a mystery after apost mortem was ruled inconclusive.
    A funeral for Peaches was held in Davington, near Faversham in Kent, where the model and presenter lived, on Monday 28 April. Guests including Alan McGee, Kate Moss, Nick Grimshaw and Alexa Chung watched as Bob Geldof held the eulogy.
    Geldof’s sky blue coffin was decorated with a picture of her family – her musician husband Tom Cohen, her two sons, Phaedra and Astala, and her pet dogs and cat.

Jerry Hall was also in attendance, supporting Geldof’s partner, Jeanne Marine.
    “I’ve just got back from Texas and accompanied Jeanne to the funeral. It was, of course, terribly sad, but she told me that Bob had asked her to marry him out of the blue,” Hall continued.
    “I’m so happy for her. It makes you realise we all have to value what we have.”

READ MORE: PEACHES GELDOF'S FINAL MAGAZINE COLUMN
    BOB GELDOF'S TOUCHING EULOGY
    PEACHES TALKS CHILDHOOD TRAUMA IN LAST EVER INTERVIEW

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/bob-geldof-engaged-musician-proposes-to-french-actress-jeanne-marine-following-death-of-daughter-peaches-geldof-9309622.html

I think it's horribly sad and a terrible shame AND I think she's a fuck up. I don't know, does there necessarily have to be only two options, ie "I feel awful for her" and "I feel NO sympathy"? I'm in between both. Obviously she played the starring role in her own demise and she made really terrible decisions that will affect those around her profoundly, but I feel sorry that she was, in a way, in a state that compelled her to make such decisions. I know that junkies aren't the most awesome people or anything but this notion that you can't feel sorry for them doesn't seem very conducive to combatting addiction. It's not like heart disease or cancer where possibly you may be completely without fault (although even that... smoking, unhealthy lifestyle, etc), more of the blame should rest on the person who's become addicted, but there seems to be a very high price to pay for a few dumb decisions. Particularly since some people get away unscathed and some ruin their lives. I don't necessarily see her as a shitty person; I see her as a weak person who made some very shitty decisions which she ultimately paid for. I'm not trying to excuse her behaviour and I get that at a certain point you have to cut ties with a junkie until they sort themselves out, but something about the absolutely-zero-sympathy attitude bothers me. But we all have different experiences that colour our views on this topic so YMMV.

I would not judge her for being weak and bad genes and all,one thing is sure,she should do what the fuck she wanted with her life but NOT bring two new innocent babies into her fucked up junkie world,just like her junkie mother did to her..
    Rusalka, SHELLEE, Sarzy and 2 others like this.

Well that's true. A lot of people seem to bring in babies to somehow fix their lives, whether it be a failing marriage or personal issues. I can't condone that, which is precisely what I mean about being in between the two stances.
    Last edited by Rusalka; May 1st, 2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: typo
    MmeVertigina and Sunrider like this.

Thread Information