Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Peaches Geldof dies aged 25

Elite Member

Ack, that's sad.

Yep. No denying this was sad two weeks ago. It's even more sad now.

Hard to wrap your head around.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Bronze Member

One of DH's friend's was a heroin addict. He would kick it for a few years and then go back to it. He loved the way heroin made him feel. It made all his problems seem small and insignificant. I'm using the past tense because the friend committed suicide 20 years ago (he was in his 40's) and it rocked my DH. The friend couldn't stay away from the heroin and was looking at a long prison sentence (3 strikes) so he did what he thought he had to do because he didn't want to live without the drug.

Drug addiction and ED are both deadly. I hope those babies are able to break this family's tragic cycle.
    Stereo Inferno likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    Do we have confirmation of any of this beyond tweets? I mean, not that it would be surprising, but to have toxicology come back as inconclusive and then, a few days later, heroin? How common is that?
    I don't know if it's confirmed, but no, toxicology results for heroin wouldn't come back inconclusive. A heroin test is going to come up positive for opiates. It would be on the basic drug panel- the substance and the ng/ml in her blood. And her body would likely have telltale signs of it as well.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Yeah, I have no idea how any of that works, so thanks for explaining. It was just surprising to me that a few days ago they were like, "Wah happen?" ...And then it's heroin. But again, I know nothing about the processes one would use to determine such things, so maybe that is exactly how it is.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I apologize if this has been already posted.... This article seemed to have more details...

Peaches Geldof 'killed by heroin ovedose'

Toxicology reports at inquest will confirm death of Bob Geldof and Paula Yates' daughter was as a result of a drugs overdose, according to newspaper

By Keith Perry

12:23AM BST 01 May 2014

Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose, echoing the death of her mother which had haunted her, it has been reported.

Toxicology reports at her inquest will confirm her death was as a result of the drugs overdose, The Times said.

The TV presenter was found dead while caring for her 11-month-old son at the family home last month.

Police discovered no evidence of drugs paraphernalia in the house, leading to speculation that items may have been removed before the property was searched, the newspaper said.

Roger Hatch, the coroner, waited for results of the toxicology tests to determine if Ms Geldof had died of an overdose before deciding to open an inquest after a post-mortem examination failed to establish the cause of death.

The Timessaid the results will be announced by Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham during a brief hearing in Gravesend, Kent, this afternoon. Police used drugs sniffer dogs during the search of the house and examined the contents of rubbish bags.
    Kent Police declined to comment on the reports.
    Mr Hatch, the coroner for northwest Kent, will adjourn the inquest until the end of July to ensure that Ms Geldof’s husband Thomas Cohen, a rock singer, and her father Bob Geldof, the former singer of The Boomtown Rats and founder of Live Aid, are able to attend the full hearing.
    There wherabouts of items used when smoking or injecting heroin is likely to be a focus of the on-going investigation. It is not known who supplied the young mother with the drugs.
    Ms Geldof's mother died from a heroin overdose in 2000. Paula Yates was found dead at her home in Notting Hill, west London, having taken an accidental overdose while alone with Ms Geldof’s sister Tiger Lily, then aged four.
    Hours before she was found dead Ms Geldof posted a photograph of herself and her mother on the internet.
    Ms Geldof, who also worked as columnist, model and DJ, was looking after her youngest son Phaedra on her own when she was found dead at the detached home home in Wrotham, Kent, on April 7.
    The alarm was raised by Mr Cohen, 23, who had spent the previous night away with their eldest son Astala, aged 23 months. He asked a friend to visit the family house when he could not contact his wife.
    Ms Geldof had a long history of drug use, including reports that she had to be revived after an overdose in 2008.
    A post mortem carried out by a Home Office Pathologist days after Ms Geldof died proved inconclusive and samples of her blood and tissue were sent off to a laboratory to be tested for any possible toxins.
    The inquest of her friend Freddy McConnel, 18, who died of a drugs overdose in 2011, heard that he had written in his diary a few months earlier: “Peaches is coming over later and I am going to inject for the first time. Perhaps I will die. I hope I don’t.”
    In May 2008, Ms Geldof was questioned by police but not charged after being seen offering a drug pusher up to £190. Friends said that she had stopped using drugs before the birth of her children.
    There was speculation that she might have accidentally overdosed because her body was not as tolerant to the quantities of heroin she had previously taken, The Times report said.
    Ms Yates’s funeral was held at Mary Magdalene & St Lawrence in Davington, Kent, the same church where Ms Geldof was married and had her own funeral.
    In her final interview, Ms Geldof said that having her sons had helped her to overcome much of the damage caused by the loss of her mother.
    “Now that I am a mum I can correct those awful parts of my childhood and it’s a really healing process,” she said
    “Before, I was not at peace with myself about it because I was just traumatised.
    “That’s why I was living a chaotic lifestyle. But now I have the kids I can heal the situation. It’s so good in every single way, really.”
    Mr Geldof had released a statement after his daughter’s death in which he described her as “the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us”.
    He added: "Writing ‘was’ destroys me afresh. What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable?
    "We loved her and will cherish her forever. How sad that sentence is.
    "Tom and her sons Astala and Phaedra will always belong in our family, fractured so often, but never broken. Bob, Jeanne, Fifi, Pixie and Tiger Geldof."
    Her husband Tom Cohen said in a statement: "My beloved wife Peaches was adored by myself and her two sons Astala and Phaedra and I shall bring them up with their mother in their hearts every day."
    At the funeral service in the village of Davington, near Faversham, Peaches' body was carried into church in a poignantly-decorated coffin which included a picture of her young family.

Source: Peaches Geldof 'killed by heroin ovedose' - Telegraph

Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

A*O

Given the unhappy family history with drug abuse and the negative public response after Paula died I can fully understand why they'd want to keep this whole thing as vague and hushed up as possible. If she was a flakey young mum who died of some unspecified "natural cause" everyone would be full of sympathy. If she was a heroin junkie who OD'd just like her mother I suspect that sympathy will disappear. Mine did.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Culottes must be shitting his pants with this info coming out.....no way he wasn't AT LEAST an enabler, but most likely using too. I wonder if the child protection authorities will take a look at him.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Culottes must be shitting his pants with this info coming out.....no way he wasn't AT LEAST an enabler, but most likely using too. I wonder if the child protection authorities will take a look at him.
    That's what I'm thinking. Otherwise, why would he be so worried that she wasn't answering her phone.

Her dying of heroin is still sad to me, she had a troubled life from early on and struggled with an addiction, it doesn't make her death less tragic to me as she was too young and she obviously loved her boys dearly despite her demons. My father committed suicide in January and I hear people say how selfish suicide is when you are a parent and some people act like the person who died deserves less sympathy because they choose to end their life (like an addict od'ing) but these people are sick from depression, addiction, whatever and to me it's just really heartbreaking for everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    Her dying of heroin is still sad to me, she had a troubled life from early on and struggled with an addiction, it doesn't make her death less tragic to me as she was too young and she obviously loved her boys dearly despite her demons. My father committed suicide in January and I hear people say how selfish suicide is when you are a parent and some people act like the person who died deserves less sympathy because they choose to end their life (like an addict od'ing) but these people are sick from depression, addiction, whatever and to me it's just really heartbreaking for everyone involved.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I agree, this girl wasn't a horrible person, some rapist or serial killer. She was a young woman, with a troubled life and no one could save her from her own demon. Not her babies, her family or her husband.
    I'mNotBitter and manningmsj like this.

I think that shooting up while in charge of a baby is no way to honour your dead mother. But that's just me.
    Serendipity, A*O, Belt Up and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Given the unhappy family history with drug abuse and the negative public response after Paula died I can fully understand why they'd want to keep this whole thing as vague and hushed up as possible. If she was a flakey young mum who died of some unspecified "natural cause" everyone would be full of sympathy. If she was a heroin junkie who OD'd just like her mother I suspect that sympathy will disappear. Mine did.
    My thoughts exactly, I'd assumed because of the family's history they probably wanted to hide her cause of death

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I think that shooting up while in charge of a baby is no way to honour your dead mother. But that's just me.
    Or advocate attachment parenting, please do not tell me she was a junkie and breastfeeding?
    effie2 likes this.

Thread Information