Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Peaches Geldof dies aged 25

Ugh. What a stupid waste.

OK,so this is not really a surprise. Still,you hope for the best. Poor little babes.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I did wonder about this...

RT @danwootton: Times also reporting on increasing speculation drug paraphernalia was removed from Peaches' house after she died. Nothing was found by cops.

Those poor boys.
    I'm wondering if the nanny was in the house at the time? She found her, dialed 999 and stashed the evidence.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

I hope the nanny was there and those babies didn't see anything.

I'm actually a little surprised. I really thought she was clean and it was the eating disorder. Maybe disappointed is a better word.
    roslyntaberfan likes this.

I don't think she used a nanny. I heard her husband was worried she wasn't answering the phone so he sent one of his friends to the house to check on her, and he called the police.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's true about paraphernalia being removed from the house as this was pretty clearly covered up from the beginning. If she died of an overdose, they would have known it almost right away. Drug panels do not take weeks. More like a day.
    A*O, Flygirl, SoCalMarie and 1 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

With her attachment parenting style, I wonder if she shot up right in front of the baby?

Or was using and breastfeeding. God, I hope not.
    chartreuse likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I don't think she used a nanny. I heard her husband was worried she wasn't answering the phone so he sent one of his friends to the house to check on her, and he called the police.
    Ah, that makes sense, he was probably the one who hid the stuff.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    And I bet her droopy husband is a smackhead too. More vulnerable babies for grandpa Bob to raise?
    Culottes is pretty floppy looking, i could see him being into opiates.

so heroin OD? the 90s really are back.

Quote Originally Posted by dexknows View Post
    I actually feel sorry for her dad, he may be an asshole but he doesn't deserve this black cloud over their family.
    i feel bad for sir bob too. he may be an arrogant wanker, but he means well. and he's certainly paying a high enough price for marrying junkie paula.
    i feel sad for peaches too actually. she was kind of useless but there was something sort of endearing and sweet about her. she may not have been the brightest but i bet she wouldn't hurt a fly.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Do we have confirmation of any of this beyond tweets? I mean, not that it would be surprising, but to have toxicology come back as inconclusive and then, a few days later, heroin? How common is that?
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

History does tend to repeat itself. Bob better get that youngest girl in therapy so the pattern doesn't repeat again in 10 years. Still...it is very sad.....I feel for her boys.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    Do we have confirmation of any of this beyond tweets? I mean, not that it would be surprising, but to have toxicology come back as inconclusive and then, a few days later, heroin? How common is that?
    Yes the Times of London has a story but you cannot get full access to the story without an account.

Peaches Geldof tragedy has cruel echoes of her mother’s death | The Times

ETA, here's the exerpt from the article that is not blocked off:
    Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose in a tragic parallel of the death of her mother which had obsessed her, an inquest will be told today.

The TV presenter was found dead while caring for her 11-month-old son at the family home last month.

Ms Geldof, 25, had become increasingly obsessed with the death of her mother, Paula Yates, from a heroin overdose in 2000. Ms Yates was found dead at her home in Notting Hill, west London, having taken an accidental overdose while alone with Ms Geldof’s sister Tiger Lily, then aged four.

A*O

There's undoubtedly been a clean up and attempted cover up. Initial police reports said "death in unsuspicious circumstances" so it must have been pretty obvious what happened even before the autopsy. A heroin OD must be easy to spot to anyone who found her, especially if they knew she was a user. The tox reports are pointless window dressing but maybe the family was hoping they could pin the blame on something else, especially as this is history exactly repeating itself how Paula fucked up her life with drugs and left 4 motherless children.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Was her husband out of town? Or was there reason to worry? If I don't answer the phone, I don't think my SO would send someone to the house unless it had been a long time since he heard from me. Things happen during the day when you're dealing with two small children.

Thread Information