Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Peaches Geldof dies aged 25

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Well,what did i say?Illegal,no option ,no cremation.I had a music composer friend ,he died youngish and his family cremated him in Bulgaria at a huge cost.Yanna,i hate you with that picture,i hate those places ,worse than graveyards and i HATE for my kids to have to do all that shit after i die.

To be honest, that pic was a bit of a shock for me as well. I had never seen an "osteofylakio" before.
    effie2 likes this.

You havent?Lucky bitch..i ve seen enough to vow i ll never set foot in one ever again..in my dad,s village his old relatives made me KISS the bones of an old uncle and i fucking did cause i was afraid i ll insult them.Also they said now we go to the *kokkaliara*and i had no idea what this was and i followed like a lamb to the slaughter,damn them villagers.

Effie - it is legal as of 2006. I'm coming ad opening the nicest crematory ever!!

http://blog.phaneuf.net/2011/03/30/u...ons-of-greece/
    rockchick likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

No,it is NOT,only debating,nothing final.They say from time to time *the first crematorium to open *and nothing happens.I am very interested on the subject,believe me.Church is VERY strong here,politicians wouldnt dare to take money out of the priests,s pockets..

But the priests still get paid when a person is cremated. They still conduct the service.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Yes,but this is an one off,a service and bye bye.They keep dead ones for about 6 years,you pay rent for the grave and the place for the bones,you pay priests for regular services,you buy flowers and light candles and you might pay to keep the grave clean.(i didnt ,i kept my mom,s clean and fresh flowers on,my girls wanted to visit very often.)
    It really is a huge industry.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    So can I open a crematory in Greece and get rich?

you could pioneer cremation with some sort of 'sluce's secret underground fast ashes to ashes services', disguised as a mongolian barbeque restaurant.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

I'm guessing her passing was due to something heart issue or vitamin/chemical imbalance due to an eating disorder. Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of mental disorders. Preliminary reports showed no drugs. Final inquest with results will be later on this week. If that is the case, I hope it sends a message to other people out there with an eating disorder. When you're in the grips of one you just don't realize the consequences.

A*O

The late, great Karen Carpenter was a victim of ED-related heart failure.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    You havent?Lucky bitch..i ve seen enough to vow i ll never set foot in one ever again..in my dad,s village his old relatives made me KISS the bones of an old uncle and i fucking did cause i was afraid i ll insult them.Also they said now we go to the *kokkaliara*and i had no idea what this was and i followed like a lamb to the slaughter,damn them villagers.
    oh god effie, seriously? KISS, as in, your lips touched the bones?!
    the picture yanna posted is so creepy and yet so fascinating.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I touched them bones,i did...not exactly kissed but close..i had nightmares for weeks.Old great uncle was happy and he let all villagers know how *respectful*Chris,s daughter(me)was..you see it was his brother,s bones i kissed!
    If you ever visit one of these places you ll find out that the creepier thing about them is the SMELL..sickly sweet and heavy..horrible.

A*O

Even grosser: when Tsar Alexander III died his body was moved around Russia for several WEEKS for various open casket services. His family had to attend and kiss his rapidly putrifying corpse during the lengthy proceedings. Ugh.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Even grosser: when Tsar Alexander III died his body was moved around Russia for several WEEKS for various open casket services. His family had to attend and kiss his rapidly putrifying corpse during the lengthy proceedings. Ugh.

good god. can you imagine kissing someone's corpse and their lips coming off and sticking to your own. gahhhh nightmares!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I want to be dumped in the ground in a shroud in a nice, natural area. There are a few around the US. Green burials. Buried in a nature preserve with trees and greenery all around you. Stone markers sometimes are used with stone naturally occurring in the area.
    I think I saw that on Six Feet Under.
    KrisNine likes this.

Part of ourselves flake off everyday anyway, not as badly a corpse of course, but we are living, shedding regenerating etc., all the time.....the only difference with death is ..no regeneration...
    Jack I swear.

Thread Information