Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Peaches Geldof dies aged 25

A*O

Some people, even famous young ones, just die. There doesn't necessarily have to be a reason apart from bad luck and/or bad genes. I'm sure her family needs answers which will no doubt be forthcoming in due course but even then it might be an open verdict.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Hmmm ... I smell BS and that she had a serious eating disorder if not an actual return to drugs. She got fired for drug taking by Ultimo in 2011. There are tab stories saying she ate a handful of fruit and nuts a day. It's annoying to read (like her mother) that peddling her perfect lifestyle (which was her main way of earning a living) was very far from the truth.

I read an article that said she 'self medicated'. I'm sure drugs will be involved somehow.
    eva likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Many years ago I had a friend who just 'stopped'. Went to bed and didn't wake up. His poor mother found him when she went in to see why he hadn't got up for work. The autopsy didn't find any signs of heart attack or brain haemorrhage and there were no drugs in his system. He didn't even smoke. The conclusion was that there was no physical reason for him to have died.

I know this is selfish but even though his end was obviously peaceful I think some of us would have found it easier to come to terms with if he'd died in an accident or from an illness. At least then we would have had a reason, something to rant and rage against. He was a lovely guy. One of those people who was good through and through. I still miss him now and it's got to have been 15 years or so.
    Sudden Adult Death Syndrome.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Kitty. I don't know why we always seem to lose the good ones far too soon.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Police force clearly stated they are doing toxicology tests to decide if it was drink or drugs that finished her.DRINK or DRUGS.It is clear..ED might helped but i am with police..either drinking or drugging..
    eva likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Thanks Twitchy. It was a long time ago but he really was such an awesome guy that he'll never be forgotten by us. We still laugh until we're breathless over some of our memories of him. I guess that however you go that's the best you can hope for - to be remembered through laughter and smiles.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Peaches Geldof's husband sang Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye accompanied by Jools Holland at her funeral | Mail Online

Peaches Geldof's husband sang Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye accompanied by Jools Holland at her funeral

• Tom Cohen, 23, performed in front of family at Easter Monday service
    • Service featured picture of Peaches at her wedding hung behind coffin
    • Sister Tiger Lily, 17, read the WB Yeats poem That The Night Come
    • Her other sister Pixie, 23, gave a personal eulogy to her sibling
    • Eldest sibling Fifi read Henry Scott-Holland prayer Death is Nothing At All

By Simon Tomlinson
    Published: 11:17 EST, 24 April 2014 | Updated: 12:37 EST, 24 April 2014

The heartbroken husband of Peaches Geldof sang a special tribute to his wife at her funeral, it emerged today.

Tom Cohen, 23, performed Leonard Cohen's Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye in front of family and friends at St Mary Magdalene and St Lawrence Church in Davington, Kent.

TV presenter and musician Jools Holland, a close friend of her father Bob Geldof, played the piano accompaniment.

Heartbroken: Tom Cohen (pictured with his late wife Peaches Geldof and their two sons Phaedra and Astala) sang a moving tribute to the 25-year-old at her funeral

Final journey: The coffin, featuring a picture of Ms Geldof with her husband, children and family pets

A source said the service was full of music, adding: 'It felt like I was at a music gig, it was so lovely, a real celebration of her life.

'Tom was incredibly brave to sing because he was obviously tremendously upset and struggling to contain his emotions.'

Queen drummer Roger Taylor also sang at the private service which featured a large picture of Peaches, taken at her wedding in the church in 2012, which was hung behind the coffin on the altar.
    Meanwhile, further details of the service on Easter Monday emerged today.

Sorrow: Model Kate Moss and her husband musician Jamie Hince from band The Kills (pictured in sunglasses) arrive at the St Mary Magdalene and St Lawrence church in the village of Davington, near Faversham in Kent

Sombre: Nick Grimshaw (left), a friend of Peaches, and Sarah, Duchess of York (right), arrive at the funeral

Peaches' sister Tiger Lily, 17, read the W.B. Yeats poem That The Night Come and her other sister Pixie, 23, gave a personal eulogy to her sibling.

Eldest sister Fifi, 31, read the Henry Scott-Holland prayer Death is Nothing At All.

Their father Bob Geldof also gave a moving tribute while his French-born girlfriend Jeanne Marine read Arthur Rimbaud's Fleurs in her native tongue.

Jools Holland (pictured with Peaches' father Bob Geldof) played the piano for Mr Cohen's performance of Leonard Cohen's Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye at the funeral

Emotional: Pixie Geldof (pictured, left, with her sister) gave a personal eulogy to Peaches at the funeral, while her elder sister Fifi , seen on the right with their parents and baby Peaches, read the WB Yeats Poem That The night Come

The service also featured Peaches' friend Kirsty Williams reading the William Wordsworth poem She Was A Phantom Of Delight.

While another friend, Lily Gutierrez, shared her memories of Peaches before the congregation sang Abide With Me.

The ceremony was led by former Davington vicar Canon Michael Anderson, who worked at the church in the 1980s when Bob and the late Paula Yates were married there.

Peaches, 25, was found dead at her home in Wrotham, Kent, on April 7.

A post mortem failed to conclude the cause of death. Results of toxicology tests are pending.

While the picture on the coffin is a lovely idea the execution is awful.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Someone has been speaking out of turn. This is all pretty private. I hope they find out what really happened since she seemed to be a role model for so many young mothers.

damn, that coffin is the tackiest thing ever.
    sputnik, Laurent, KrisNine and 3 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

It really is.
    Laurent and witchcurlgirl like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Yes,but if it gives that family one minute of peace then so be it.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    damn, that coffin is the tackiest thing ever.

i really appreciate the painting of peaches on the side.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

I'd come back and haunt whoever commissioned it.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I don't think the painting is a very good likeness of her, but if her family was happy with it, fine. It may have been done by a friend or a family member who isn't as talented as other artists, but whose participation was valued by the family.
    holly likes this.

Thread Information