Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree553Likes

Thread: Paul Walker from "The Fast & the Furious" dead at 40 in car crash

What a shock to read this morning. He was so good in Fast and the Furious.

sad.
    This kind of certainty comes but once in a lifetime.
    Clint Eastwood - Bridges of Madison County

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Isn't that interesting? You know how long I've been driving sportscars for (I've had other prior to my last one) and because of the closeness of the interior I feel very safe not claustrophobic, then switching to the rangie I felt like I was rattling around like an egg in a tin box.... I like how my sport cars handle but I also ride a motorbike so I dunno if that has anything to do with it?
    I know people who don't like riding in large cars or trucks because they don't like sitting up high. I love that personally. So different strokes.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

It's a sad thing for sure. There are many buildings around, just maybe this was caught on surveillance video.
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I know people who don't like riding in large cars or trucks because they don't like sitting up high. I love that personally. So different strokes.
    I had a real shock the first time I went out in a 40t truck. Now if they wave me on, I trust them bacause they can see so much more.
    I love the RR (especially the electric seat settings so it just resets if MrN drives it & the way all the mirrors tilt when I reverse), it's just that I do a lot of miles, it's a 4.5 V8 so guzzles fuel like a sinkhole in the Sahara, and is as reliable as a glass hammer .

^^^RR's are notorious for their reliability issues in the states. Didn't they make the Sterling as well at one point?
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Wow, the Twitter messages from other actors are just amazing to read. People absolutely loved this guy, and it sounds like he was a genuinely nice person. Look at poor Tyrese's message below:

"My heart is hurting so bad no one can make me believe this is real," Tyrese Gibson wrote on Instagram, posting the below photo. "Father God I pray that you send clarity over this cause I just don't understand My heart hurts it's broken no one can convince me that this is real.... Prayer warriors please pray real hard for his only child, his daughter and family... #HeartOfAnAngel13YrsFamilyForeverWeJustCelebreated Your40thBirthday..... My God... My God... I can't believe I'm writing this."

"Your humble spirit was felt from the start, wherever you blessed your presence you always left a mark, we were like brothers & our birthdays are only 1 day apart, now You will forever hold a place in all of our hearts," Ludacris wrote on Instagram. "@paulwalker legacy will live on forever. R.I.P."

Idris Elba ✔ @idriselba
    Follow

I'm Heart broken Paul Walker, he was a mate of mine, very sad. My heart goes out to his daughter.

Ryan Phillippe ✔ @RyanPhillippe
    Follow
    Paul was a good dude. Conscientious & not caught up in Hollywood. He knew there was more to life & lived like it. Nice to know you brotha.

Rachael Leigh Cook ✔ @RachaelLCook
    Follow
    Paul was a truly good person in a town of questionable characters. ..A real life tragedy if there ever was one.
    10:54 PM - 30 Nov 2013

Jessica Alba ✔ @jessicaalba
    Follow
    #RIPPaulWalker -he was a lovely person -so sweet and grounded. My heart goes out to his family.
    12:48 AM - 1 Dec 2013

Dwayne Johnson ✔ @TheRock
    Follow
    All my strength, love & faith to the Walker family during this heartbreaking time. We find our strength.. in his light. Love you brother.
    12:47 AM - 1 Dec 2013

Vin Diesel @OffVinDiesel
    Follow

Brother I will miss you very much. I am absolutely speechless.Heaven has gained a new Angel. RIP.
    8:17 AM - 1 Dec 2013
    Novice, sprynkles, tulip and 1 others like this.

I'm pretty sure James Dean also crashed a Porsche into basically balled up tinfoil on a ridiculously clear day. I don't think it matters what you drive, if it's a high performance car or not, with the right conditions cars can become fireballs and crumple up and it's just so incredibly sad.

i think past a certain speed it doesn't matter if you're driving a cardboard box or an armoured tank.

i watched one of the fast and furious films - i think the first one. one of the worst things i've ever watched and 2 hours of my life i'll never get back, but anyway he seemed like a nice guy and it's really sad for his daughter.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

This is one of those times I really wish I wasn't wrong. What I said earlier, that it was all a hoax, how I wish was true! What a heavy heart indeed.

I have a friend who is very involved in the street racing community. There's a HUGE following grieving over Walker. HUGE! I had no idea until now.
    I also didn't know that he was studying marine biology. Did anyone else know?

If you are in a car made of fibreglass vs some vehicle like a range rover with a 2" thick steel floor and crash, I 'm sorry but there is a world of difference. If you crash a RR & roll down a hill you are in a protected box - albeit a steel box, but a soft-top with minimal rollbarage & fiberglass/carbon fibre body? I can't believe the comparison - that is why different vehicles have different safety ratings.

of course but i meant if you're driving way faster than the legal limit, it's not so much about the structure of the car it's about the fact that your seatbelt only works for the outside of your body, that same impact inside your body will wreak havoc on your internal organs and brain and what your car is made of will only make a difference re: open or closed casket.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yeah I was thinking about the "egg in a box" analogy when I wrote that, but some vehicles will stand up to more - unless of course you decide to go under a truck the a sportscar might be better as it's a lot lower....

Quote Originally Posted by Polyester Pam View Post
    I'm pretty sure James Dean also crashed a Porsche into basically balled up tinfoil on a ridiculously clear day. I don't think it matters what you drive, if it's a high performance car or not, with the right conditions cars can become fireballs and crumple up and it's just so incredibly sad.
    In the case of Dean there was the question of the low sun hitting his car and in combination with the color of the car (wasn't it white or silver?) it became virtually invisible to the car that hit him.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I can't find a good article with this info so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently the area was all around 15-25 mph speed limits. I'm sorry, but they were being irresponsible idiots. No one should die because they're being an irresponsible idiot, but it doesn't make their actions any less reckless. It's good no one else was hurt.
    dilligaf likes this.

This is really sad, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.
    I really didn't know him from Fast and the Furious movies, except from what I've seen on E or other shows but I've never watched those movies before.
    I actually saw him on a show about Great White sharks on Nat Geo that was fascinating. They'd go to the an area off Mexico where the sharks usually mated or wintered. They'd actually catch a shark, bring it on board the ship, take blood and tissue samples, tag the shark and release it in a very quick sequence of events so the shark wouldn't be out of the water for long, it was a fantastic show.
    I was watching and I thought one of the guys looked like the car movie guy and it turned out it was him. One of the scientists mentioned Paul Walker but that was that, he just waved to the camera and the rest of the time he was helping to haul the sharks on to the deck.
    I'm a lover of those dorky, science documentaries, especially about sharks and I loved how whenever the camera would focus on him he was really smiling and excited to be on the show, so enthusiastic, apparently he just loved sharks.
    Sorry to see such a good guy go so young.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information