Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree553Likes

Thread: Paul Walker from "The Fast & the Furious" dead at 40 in car crash

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I'm no expert but looking at those photos I'd think there's no way they didn't die instantly.
    As distasteful as this sounds, I hope that they did as it's much better for their loved ones left behind that the alternatives.

Jadestar - it's back to calculated risk & a controlled Environment. Race tracks are a lot safer due to what happens there - as much of the risk as possible has been mitigated. A race or high speed transit on a closed public road isn't the same thing at all.

True. I guess they start thinking they can handle a car in any situation. Obviously not.
    Novice likes this.

That car is left in shreds. Both of them knew cars,something unexpected had to happen first. We will ever know for sure,but this is so bad for so many reasons. Poor families.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    And people spend upwards of 100K for this car?
    I know, right? My husband has an 80s Porsche 911. IMO, those are far superior to what's currently being produced. The car is a bit heavier and rear suspension is better manufactured. The new models have some plastic components in them. That being said, I was in his car once and never again. I'm not afraid of his driving at all but that little tin can is a sure death trap.
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I know, right? My husband has an 80s Porsche 911. IMO, those are far superior to what's currently being produced. The car is a bit heavier and rear suspension is better manufactured. The new models have some plastic components in them. That being said, I was in his car once and never again. I'm not afraid of his driving at all but that little tin can is a sure death trap.
    I don't like that low seating in sports cars. It's very claustrophobic and for me, makes controlling the car a bit difficult.

And the driver in this accident was a professional? Hmmmmmmmmm, ummmmmm, ummmmmm.
    rollo likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I hope the people who went to the scene with fire extinguishers get some therapy. That has to be something that will fuck you up.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Yikes, what a horrific accident. I just hope he died instantly and didn't suffer.

RIP,sir.

Also, the original post with the pix of the car still burning look like the accident happened by daylight. That's some crash to happen under favorable lighting conditions.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Also, the original post with the pix of the car still burning look like the accident happened by daylight. That's some crash to happen under favorable lighting conditions.
    Reports are saying speed is a factor. Daylight or not a Porsche is a car that is not really made for the streets, especially at high speeds. It's a light, fiberglass shell and the newer models have plastic suspension components. It takes a bit of skill to drive a Porsche in general, but especially for street driving.

Many Porsche clubs offer specialized driving instruction. People need to respect the vehicle and it's capabilities. It's not your dad's old Cadillac.
    Novice likes this.

bless paul and the other dude. 40 is still too young.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

It's just so damn sad
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    So sad. One article said there was spin out and doughnut marks close to the accident scene. So maybe they were fucking around, but it ended badly. The driver was a race car driver, so he had experience. But he isn't the first race car driver to die by wrecking.
    I hope Carey Hart and Pink are taking some notes....
    Bombshell and Alysheba like this.

I doubt it!
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    True. I guess they start thinking they can handle a car in any situation. Obviously not.
    It could just be that the calculated risk was more of a risk and that because they are exposed to risk every day that they negate some of the smaller issues.
    Interestingly, an ex"friend" of mine used to test drive cars for a car manufacturer & was an amateur racer. When on the road he was exceptionally careful because he said that when you're racing you know the skill level of every one there but I a public road you don't know what the hell the person in front of you is going to do & that makes them (& driving publicly) unsafe.

Anyhow, this poor guy, everyone had off days but it's only professionals like racing drivers & surgeons where a "bad day" can be fatal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I don't like that low seating in sports cars. It's very claustrophobic and for me, makes controlling the car a bit difficult.

And the driver in this accident was a professional? Hmmmmmmmmm, ummmmmm, ummmmmm.
    Isn't that interesting? You know how long I've been driving sportscars for (I've had other prior to my last one) and because of the closeness of the interior I feel very safe not claustrophobic, then switching to the rangie I felt like I was rattling around like an egg in a tin box.... I like how my sport cars handle but I also ride a motorbike so I dunno if that has anything to do with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Reports are saying speed is a factor. Daylight or not a Porsche is a car that is not really made for the streets, especially at high speeds. It's a light, fiberglass shell and the newer models have plastic suspension components. It takes a bit of skill to drive a Porsche in general, but especially for street driving.

Many Porsche clubs offer specialized driving instruction. People need to respect the vehicle and it's capabilities. It's not your dad's old Cadillac.
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

Hey Diva! Glad to see you!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Isn't that interesting? You know how long I've been driving sportscars for (I've had other prior to my last one) and because of the closeness of the interior I feel very safe not claustrophobic, then switching to the rangie I felt like I was rattling around like an egg in a tin box....
    That's what Mrs. Mohandas said yesterday about her Corvette. She misses driving it as much because the seat envelopes her, unlike in her other car, which is a mini suv.

This is really, really sad. He was a beautiful man, that's for sure. I feel for his poor family.

That being said… I know the gasoline-in-my-veins type. Racecar drivers, test drivers… I grew up around them. Invincible megalomaniacs, sociopaths behind the wheel. They usually end up killing other people, because they drive powerful cars. But Porsches are tricky, strong machines, not much protection, hard to control. Maybe they were messing around, who knows.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information